Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I saw the announcement last night. They're doing a smash Brothers style game. I wasn't expecting Powder Toast Man to be in the roster. Aang is most likely in a roster and so is Korra. As long as the game plays between decent and good, I'll give it a shot. Most importantly, fun though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Doesn't Smash have a problem getting traction in serious competition?
Smash was doing fine, but it was mostly Nintendo being dicks. Then there was that whole situation with certain Smash Tourny player and other FGC guys getting involved with teenage girls twice or three times there age, ssssssoooooo...yeeeeeeaaaahhh.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
You know I can almost see the appeal in this game by playing a tag team of Korra and Raphael just for the opportunity to have them beat ten shades of shit out of Spongebob and his cohorts.

Anyway, I’m a cranky old Tekken player but if this is what you didn’t know you wanted until you heard about, happy birthday :)

Reactions: Hawki and BrawlMan

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Nice name, guys... Just borrow everything from the competition. Super Smash Bros Brawl and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Then again, how many ways can you describe an all-star character fighting game like this while keeping the title snappy?

Reactions: Hawki

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Nice name, guys... Just borrow everything from the competition. Super Smash Bros Brawl and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Then again, how many ways can you describe an all-star character fighting game like this while keeping the title snappy?
It makes sense and has an all-star cast of copious classic Nicktooon characters.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I mean, if nothing else it means that you can play sorta SSB on PC with decent multiplayer. You can do worse "universe" than nickelodeon.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Alright, serious question - is there an actual "Nickelodeon fanbase?" As in, people who, by virtue of liking one of their IPs, like another? "Nintendo fans" exist (see SSB), "Blizzard fans" definitely exist (see HotS), but Nickelodeon? Really?

Also seems weird to have TMNT there when the roster by itself could fill a brawler, as could Avatar. Instead, we get people like Nigel Thornberry, because, y'know, that's what his cartoon was about (not that it rules her out, but I figure it would make sense to include Jenny Wakeman for instance?)

Ahhh, I was wondering how they would have Rugrats in this game, Reptar is a good way to have a representative without beating up babies.
Oh come on, don't tell me you've never wanted to beat up Angelica. :p

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
This is a game probably getting its hype because of the meme potential of it than anything else.

Also it's kind of weird that they're doing the original cartoon turtles and not the two Nicktoons shows. Like if they were going to do it that way I would have had one of Each of the turtles from the four cartoons (87, 03, 12 and rise). Going for the original Turtles is very weird because this game is made probably for young audience. Even if they are going for people who grew up with Nickelodeon the 87 turtles were way before then.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I saw Ludosity was working on it. A developer that has already made their own Smash clone(Slap City), with the characters from the various titles they have created over the years. So I suspect looking at how Slap City turned out should give an indication of how this title turns out.

I've kind of been following how Slap City has turned out behind the scene and on twitter I saw that the head honcho(reallyjoel) claimed that the game more or less saved their company. That tweet was long ago though.

When I brought up Slap City to a real life friend, after I heard he was a one-on-one fighter aficionado, he didn't need an additional explanation of what title it was since he had already heard of it, and he claimed that the fighting community treats it as a joke. So I suspect this title will not be a competitive one.

Reactions: BrawlMan