Nickelodeon Greenlights Steampunk Sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender

Elburzito

Feb 18, 2009
cursedseishi said:
Cowabungaa said:
Old, shamanistic forces against an ever advancing world? Quite a change from the original story. Call me interested indeed. That and the fact that it has a steampunked setting. Hmhmhm I do love myself some steampunk.

I'm especially curious about how they're going to incorporate modern technology with bending. That could give us some very interesting machines indeed.
Well to be fair, you can probably owe much of it to Sokka, as he was the one in the series who really started finding ways to use bending to create modern technology (submarine for instance). I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the major inspirations for the main city in this one.

I'll be interested in seeing this as well, Avatar was the best thing to hit Nickelodeon since Invader Zim or Angry Beavers.
I remember Angry Beavers! What the hell happened to that show? It suddenly ended after 2 series, at least over here.

OT: A steampunk? I'm quite surprised. I hope it turns out well.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
TheKnotAlchemist said:
Honestly, nothing's saying that this anti-bending group isn't trying to spread their message to the other nations. That could make for a good story, though I don't know how they're gonna get a good story out of that in 12 episodes =/
... make 'em all three hours long? xD

Elburzito

Feb 18, 2009
cursedseishi said:
burzummaniac said:
I remember Angry Beavers! What the hell happened to that show? It suddenly ended after 2 series, at least over here.

OT: A steampunk? I'm quite surprised. I hope it turns out well.
Was some fallout between the creators and Nickelodeon getting uptight about how said creators handled their show. There were probably around a dozen unaired shows simply cause of that. Wikipedia doesn't have much listed though.

wikipedia said:
In 1997, he created his own show, The Angry Beavers, which was by far his most popular project, but was cancelled amid controversy in 2001, when he created an episode wherein the titular beavers realize their show is canceled, and explain Nickelodeon's syndication policy to the viewers before dying on-screen.
most I could find, and thats from the entry about the creator.

interesting random wiki fact, he produced the first season of "Freakazoid!", and helped with Swat Kats. Wooo!

Aww, I loved Angry Beavers. Thanks for the info though.

Neino Ranatos

Jul 12, 2010
This looks really interesting. I had always hoped they would make another show.

As for Tenzin. I always knew Aang was a rascal...

So..wouldn't he have to be a grandfather by now?

RootbeerJello

Jul 19, 2009
I just hope with all the steampunk-tasticness they still keep dome of the natural settings from the first series. Face it, Avatar would have been severely diminished if the environments weren't so well thought out (Points agressively at the swamp from those episodes with the plant-bender guy.)

nick10

Aug 4, 2010
I am glad that the series is renewed but i am upset that the questions and the potential story lines are lost. I would have loved to see them grow up more. I do want to know what happened with zuko's mom. mixed feelings i suppose but i do love the series, just greedy and want more.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I watched the series, wasnt really that interested in it, but compared to alot of the shit on TV, it was pretty good. Hell, I might keep an eye on this, just for the idea of old world shamanism and new world technology, always an interesting combo.