Nicki Minaj - Stupid Hoe (Worst song ever?)

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
I Got a Feeling is still far worse imo, as is the entire genre of black metal. At least this song is only figuratively painful.

I don't like dubstep either (which seems to have become a discussion), but from what I've heard it's usually just endlessly repetitive, wubwubwub or not.

Shadowcreed

Jun 27, 2011
Oh no... Some things cannot be unseen.

Do people really listen to this these days? honestly? dubstep and now this? Here I was thinking it couldn't get much worse than Justin Bieber..

AlexLoxate

Sep 3, 2010
ugh... most of what the music industry farts out these days can qualify as pretty bad, so no, it's not the worst song, it's one of many bad and pointless ones.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
DaJoW said:
I Got a Feeling is still far worse imo, as is the entire genre of black metal. At least this song is only figuratively painful.

I don't like dubstep either (which seems to have become a discussion), but from what I've heard it's usually just endlessly repetitive, wubwubwub or not.
Those are my two favorite genres. ;_;

In all honesty they have more artistic merit than people give them credit for.

OT: I don't plan on listening to this, but I can guarantee it's not the worst song ever. Probably pretty terrible, but not the worst.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
A Raging Emo said:
Azure-Supernova said:
Hazy992 said:
No, this is:

Although that song is god awful. But TBF it kinda sounds like she's taking the piss.
Yes I still vote for Swagger Jagger as the worst song of all time. I can't be the only one who think it sounds like a remixed nursery rhyme.
Yep. Anything that involves the word "Swag" is alone enough to warrant a vote for "Worst XYZ of all time".

On Topic: What did I just listen to?

I was in the gym the other day, and the music channel was on, and it was a "Best Girls of the 00's" or something program, and almost every single singer sounded the same; with maybe the exception of Lady Gaga, who's voice is slightly unique in comparison to some of these others'.
Can I guide you gently towards Marina and the Diamonds? She's a Pop Singer/Songwriter with a voice with a combination of Bjork and a Rock Warbler. Good and distinct. But yeah, it's sad when the majority of singers are essentially impressionists. Thier common theme of 'Be yourselves' is ironic when they themselves are trying to imitate other classic pop singers and their fans follow them like blind sheep. Even some Lady Gaga fans contradict the 'Be yourself' movement by trying to 'dress like Lady Gaga'. Living in someone's shadow is not yourself. Tangents are fun.

*edit* that still from that youtube clip looks like Cher had something unexpected placed somewhere =)

Problem with Cher Lloyd is that the song is very angry and the anger feels like it's directed at the listener who is 90% of the time first hearing this doesn't know who she is so is insulted without doing anything. Secondly she comes across as very egotistical yet 90% of Britain wouldn't know who she was when they first hear the song so probably think "Piss off you angry Teen". So the song basically incites anger towards her, and then she has the cheek to say 'Trolls B Hatin'. It's like a woman accusing a man of rape despite being the one doing the seducing (an extreme analogy. No offence was intended).

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
DJDarque said:
DaJoW said:

Maybe so, but I've disloiked everything I've heard from either one. Not saying it doesn't have artistic value, I just don't like it. For the record, I've had people try to get me interested in both, so I've heard a fair few songs which were are apparantly good but I did not like.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
DaJoW said:
DJDarque said:
DaJoW said:

Maybe so, but I've disloiked everything I've heard from either one. Not saying it doesn't have artistic value, I just don't like it. For the record, I've had people try to get me interested in both, so I've heard a fair few songs which were are apparantly good but I did not like.
Fair enough. I just tire of people constantly bashing music they don't like instead of just leaving it be for others to enjoy.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
DJDarque said:
DaJoW said:
DJDarque said:
DaJoW said:

Fair enough. I just tire of people constantly bashing music they don't like instead of just leaving it be for others to enjoy.
I agree. I get a lot of crap from people because I tend to listen to a fairly wide range of music.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Vault101 said:
I havnt heard it...yet

I will say though I kind of like Nicki Minaj...
Thats what i thought before i listened to this song. My ears are dead.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Safe to say every Genre has bad musical contributions to it. I can't think of a single genre of music where I liked every song. One bad song doesn't represent the whole genre.

You might not realise but there's actually good Death Metal songs.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
ediblemitten said:
Worst song ever? No. That completely subjective and not worth discussing. Also, saying something is the "____ ever" makes you sounds like a particularly unimaginative Cracked.com article/video.

Baffled? Definitely not. Pop music always has and likely always will be about easily digestible, simple, popular, and oft repeated tracks. This is no different, if not worse than usual.
Did you actually listen to the song or is that just your pre-programmed response to someone complaining about pop music.

This song isn't a standard pop song and isn't all that 'easily digestible'.

OT: Well, it stands out, I'll give it that. It's sort of a bizarre hip hop/pop hybrid. But no, I think it's quite terrible. I find it quite jarring and grating. And no, guy I quoted, I'm not biased against pop music, I love Lady Gaga and snippets of other popular musicians, I just find this to be quite lacking in the musical part of music.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Hazy992 said:
No, this is:

Although that song is god awful. But TBF it kinda sounds like she's taking the piss.
No this is.

Though I have to agree, that Nicki Manaj song is terrible even though I have enjoyed some of her stuff before.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Meh, if its a bad song, don't listen to it. All you're doing here is promoting it and making a bad song into something extremely profitable.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Jedward? Now that's just sadistic to release upon this forum.
Though I always thought Blazin' Squad, Craig David and Ke$ha were pretty awful, too.

But I think the worst of the worst has to be the Spice Girls (Spice Ghouls as I call them) with Wannabe. That song makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall. Youtube it at your own risk, for I shall not take any responsibility for suicide, depression, PTSD, vomiting and murderous acts of violence.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Worst video? Are you nuts? That's fucking hilarious. Best Satire video since Weird Al himself.

Wait....What? No, that can't be right.

This Just In!

Sources tell me that this video was indeed a real video.

Hmm. Still funny.

Now excuse me while I watch something that's both odd and a great song.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
People rambling about this song being an example of how shitty pop/rap is has clearly not listened to it. This shit is unique in its weirdness.

OT: I have absolutely no idea what to think of this. It doesn't inspire any hate, but i sure as hell dont like it. It just leaves me confused, my brain goes "No, i'm not doing this. Figure it out yourself." and switches off. It reminds me of the PonPonPon video in that i have no fucking clur whats going on, but in this case its just as weird musically and visually. Nicki Minaj somehow still manages to be hot as hell.