Nier: Automata Coming to PC on March 17, System Requirements Revealed

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Nier: Automata Coming to PC on March 17, System Requirements Revealed

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1386/1386501.jpgThe PC version of Nier: Automata will launch a little over a week after the console version in the US.

Last week, Square Enix released a trailer for Nier: Automata [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169533-New-Nier-Automata-Trailer-Shows-Off-Giant-Robot-Battles]. That trailer contained two release dates: March 7 for PS4 and March 10 for PC. However, that trailer was swiftly replaced by one that was identical in every respect, except that it was missing the PC release date. There was speculation that the PC date was changed, that the version was in trouble, and all sorts of other things.

Luckily, none of the dire predictions are true. The PC version of Nier: Automata will be here soon, but it will be one week later than the trailer initially said, on March 17.

The news comes from a Tweet [https://twitter.com/NieRGame/status/837437370903339008] from the game's official account that also details some of the goodies you'll get with the Day One Edition, including skins for the main character and her robot. If you pre-order, you'll also get the "Valve character accessory," which is just a valve handle sticking out of the main character's eye.

If you're worried about whether or not your PC can handle Nier: Automata, Square has also posted the system requirements. Here's how much horsepower you'll need:

Minimum Specs (720p)

OS: Windows 7 64-bit / Windows 8.1 64-bit / Windows 10 64-bit (32-bit OS not supported)
CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 or higher, AMD A8-6500 or higher
System Memory: 4GB or higher free space
HDD / SSD: 50GB or higher
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 VRAM 2GB or higher / AMD Radeon R9 270X VRAM 2GB or higher

Recommended Specs (1080p)

OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit / Windows 10 64-bit (32-bit OS not supported)
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670 or higher, AMD A10-7850K or higher
System Memory: 8GB or higher free space
HDD / SSD: 50GB or higher
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 VRAM 4GB or higher / AMD Radeon R9 380X VRAM 4GB or higher

Nier: Automata hits PS4 on March 7, and PC on March 17.

[gallery=7016]

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
A lot sooner than expected. Do want.

Especially since the demo had a robot so big that it made up the stage itself at one point. That's basically a "make gsilver buy now" trick if there ever was one.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Ooh, that's good news!
The requirements are quite pleasant and...aww, the little robot pod gets some customization. :3

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
checked can you run it, and it says my graphics card doesn't cut it, though it has the features/specs it says the game requires... is this ca case of I'll be ok if I turn the settings down?

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Ah, good. I was starting to wonder, or rather worry, that it was either no longer coming to PC or that I'd have to purchase it through the atrocious Square-Enix Store.

Not that I couldn't have just bought it on PS4, I just would rather have it on PC.

And is that an homage to the Valve logo I see as a custom character accessory? That's...actually kinda cute.

Windknight said:
checked can you run it, and it says my graphics card doesn't cut it, though it has the features/specs it says the game requires... is this ca case of I'll be ok if I turn the settings down?
What hardware are you packing? Most min-reqs for PC games are bloated and rarely represent the actual minimum requirements.

I would assume, unless your PC was built more than five years ago with low end hardware, that you should be okay to run the game. If the PS4 can run it it's likely your PC can too.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
A 980?

...Fuck.

I may finally have to upgrade soonish. Though I'm sure the i5-2500k/970 combo should be able to handle it fine.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Every review seem too busy playing the new Zelda but the early review sounds ..really good.

Can play it on my PS4 but pretty cool that it's getting a PC release.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Shame the demo didn't come to PC, with Scalebound out of the picture, this looks like the next best Japanese weirdness game fix for me.

I'll probably wait and see how Square handles the DLCs after last year's Deus Ex though.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
heard of it but never seen it really. looks interesting. may get it once i see it cheaper or when a GOTY edition is released as they do now lately. depends also on the price.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Vigormortis said:
Windknight said:
What hardware are you packing? Most min-reqs for PC games are bloated and rarely represent the actual minimum requirements.

I would assume, unless your PC was built more than five years ago with low end hardware, that you should be okay to run the game. If the PS4 can run it it's likely your PC can too.
windows 10
12 gig of memory
2.80 gigahertz Intel Xeon W3530 cpu
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Windknight said:
windows 10
12 gig of memory
Hmm. Hard to tell, since I don't have the actual game to benchmark, but with some finagling you might be able to run the game at lower settings. But take even that rough guess with a grain of salt.

Push comes to shove you could always buy it off Steam, see if it'll run, and if it doesn't get a refund. Just be sure you don't log more than two hours in the game.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Windknight said:
Vigormortis said:
Windknight said:

windows 10
12 gig of memory
I might not be of huge help, but I TECHNICALLY didn't make it above Dark Souls 3's requirements (I have a GTX 660 Ti, minimum is NVIDIA? GeForce GTX 750 Ti), but I too met all the "feature requirements". Ended up beating the game (mostly) on low with decent performance. Could've been better (I had some crashes, but I think my RAM was dying. Replaced it and no issues), but it certainly worked. Just a little anecdote for Vigormortis' claim. I wouldn't mind trying the game myself (as a Platinum fan, not a Nier fan), but you'll most likely have better luck than I.

And yes, as long as you figure out the game won't run comfortably on your PC in less than 2 hours, you're well within your right for a Steam refund. In fact, I believe it's one of the reasons listed on the refund form.