Nifty Halo: Reach Multiplayer Trailer Features Jetpacks

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Kollega said:
John Funk said:
Our first look at the Halo: Reach multiplayer is here, and it just goes to prove the old axiom: Everything is better with jetpacks.
I've checked - there's not a single thing in this world that could not be improved by strapping a jetpack to it.
Strapping a jetpack to a jetpack might not be so great.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Not EVERYTHING is better with jetpacks.

Never use the jetpack indoors in Dark Void. You'll often die.
Learned that the hard way...lol

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
scnj said:
Strapping a jetpack to a jetpack might not be so great.
Are you kidding me? It gives a double boost! Good ol' Tim Taylor technology - just add more power for more efficency!

Strapping two jetpacks to rocket boots, however... wait. It's still awesome.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
OT: Just watched the trailer. Looks awesome. I'm looking forward to trying out some of those new weapons most, but I'm quite interested in what these new gametypes are (and also what 'Active Roster' means). By the way, the needle rifle? I called it.

TheHonestGamer said:
Pfft, this is the best Bungie can come up with? Halo fans are wetting their pants over themselves over this? It looks like the same crap as any of the other Halo games, I feel sorry for the suckers who paid for a $60 expansion pack just to play this crap, screw Halo. Not to mentiom jetpacks has already done and done better in Tribes a far superior series than Halo.

*Goes back to play Modern Warfare 2*
You know, if you hadn't ended your post with *Goes back to play Modern Warfare 2* then I would have discounted you as another elitist. But apparently you're just an idiot, because at least elitists have standards.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I hopw that they play up the differences between Spartans and Elites. Kinda like in Resistance, where multiplayer required different tactics for both the Chimaera and the Humans.

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
Don't take this the wrong way, people, I enjoy Halo and I really wanna play reach, but think about this:
It's a PREQUEL and it has better mechanics than the other Halos and jetpacks.
AHAHAH!
It's like the ODST/Spartans/UNSC or whatever the hell these guys are lost their training, jetpacks and a couple hundred polygons after a few years or service.

That's the problem with prequels.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Oh God...I actually want to get gold membership just so that I can play this game online! Health bars are back, Halo 1 pistol, enhanced movement, so many good choices! Please tell me that it's getting a simultanious release for the PC!

Sindre1

Nov 8, 2008
swaki said:
man its been a while since i played global agenda, any way thats great, jetpacks are always nice but if this is a prequel why dont they have jetpacks in the other games, did they think "nah jetpacks are to awesome, lets just walk instead"

but GZ xbox gamers.
The aliens had it from Halo 2 onwards. Probably stole them from the Spartans :p

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
I'm not really sold on it. I recall being addicted to the Halo 3 multi-player, but eventually it became stale. And this looks more or less the same, only with a few new cool stuff.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
swaki said:
man its been a while since i played global agenda, any way thats great, jetpacks are always nice but if this is a prequel why dont they have jetpacks in the other games, did they think "nah jetpacks are to awesome, lets just walk instead"

but GZ xbox gamers.
Since multiplayer features spartans fighting other spartans, I think it's Non-cannon. Or maybe they just ran out?

Mar 26, 2008
After being a huge Halo fan, I was really over Halo 3 multi-player and the series for that matter.
Then I saw this video... Holy...shit!

I'm never writing Bungie off again.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Well that's a shame. I was secretly looking forward to this, but I didn't want to know anything about it before it's release. Alas, curiousity has gotten the better of me and now I couldn't be less interested.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Ah damn. Yeah, Halo's multiplayer is really good. But I decided the game isn't really worth buying the others for the single player. But I damn well might have to get this game. I mean, that looks really cool... Damn.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
PayJ567 said:
Look A fucking lot like star wars battlefront. Which is an improvement.
I actually was thinking that when I saw the jet packs. xD

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this game now. Never had much interest before.

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
This is Alpha footage too, so things will change.Also why the hell are people only talking about the jetpacks that were shown for like two seconds, and not even made a big feature?

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
blinkgun96 said:
This is Alpha footage too, so things will change.Also why the hell are people only talking about the jetpacks that were shown for like two seconds, and not even made a big feature?
Because they're fucking jetpacks. xD

Seriously though, it just stands out the most to me for some reason. The new weapons look pretty good, especially the new shotgun model.

Oh That Dude

Nov 22, 2009
Sonicron said:
This looks like a lot of fun.

Sadly I'll never get to use this feature. Why? Because I'm still not willing to pay a load of money for the privilege of getting cussed at by a whole world full of twitching brainless children.
They've invented this genius little device to counteract that problem. It's called a mute button.

But yeah, way to whip up a fervour for the beta. Looking forward to it. A LOT.