Nifty Halo: Reach Multiplayer Trailer Features Jetpacks

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Nifty Halo: Reach Multiplayer Trailer Features Jetpacks

Our first look at the Halo: Reach [http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Reach-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA20M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968624&sr=1-1] multiplayer is here, and it just goes to prove the old axiom: Everything is better with jetpacks.

[g4tv=44518]

There are some people who are looking forward to the Halo: Reach single-player campaign for a story about humanity making a desperate last stand on the Covenant-besieged world of Reach (a last stand that we already know fails, what with the game being a prequel and all). But there are probably more people who are looking forward to Halo: Reach just for the game's multiplayer - and those people should now be very happy, since Bungie has shot a brand-new multiplayer trailer over to G4 [http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/702939/Halo-Reach-Trailer-Unveils-Multiplayer-Gameplay.html].

Frankly speaking, it's looking awesome so far. Well, it's looking like more Halo so far (not a bad thing), but it's definitely got some changes from the standard Halo 3 gameplay we've been living with for a few years now. There's some SUPER FLASHY IMPORTANT TEXT on the screen mentioning new modes of gameplay without actually saying what they are, but some of the game's new features speak for themselves, like the Assassinations and, of course, the jetpacks.

Jetpacks are awesome. We've known this since Tribes, and Halo taking a cue from Tribes is hardly a bad thing. If all the Spartans and Elites all strapped on jetpacks all the time, this would easily be the best Halo game ever just for the jetpack quotient (or JQ) alone.

This trailer is sure to get Halo fans worked into a frenzy for the game (like they weren't already, psh), and make the two-month wait for the May 3rd multiplayer beta that much harder.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
man its been a while since i played global agenda, any way thats great, jetpacks are always nice but if this is a prequel why dont they have jetpacks in the other games, did they think "nah jetpacks are to awesome, lets just walk instead"

but GZ xbox gamers.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
This looks epic.

Although it probably isn't my cup-o-tea. But still, it looks like awesome-sauce.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Not EVERYTHING is better with jetpacks.

Never use the jetpack indoors in Dark Void. You'll often die.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
I really don't have high expectations for this game...

Jetpacks? I thought you jumped high enough in Halo anyway.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Wow... that certain looks interesting, to say the least...
Kinda makes me glad I didn't get rid of Halo 3 ODST...
*Starts waiting patiently for the beta*
Still... looks like it's be flooded...

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Wow, that' looks pretty sweet, actually.
Halo Multiplayer, for me, was always 'OK', but this looks like a good over-all improvement.
Still the same, yet still more.

Of course, it's a trailer designed to make people interested in the game, so I'll play ye olde 'wait and see' game.

Gbadude3

Aug 29, 2009
Yea because when everyone around you is firing automatic weapons the safest place to be is 30 feet above any form of cover what-so-ever.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
This is what Halo should have been from square one. It looks epic, intense and most importantly extremely fun, can't wait for May 3!

Molten Water

Apr 20, 2009
I really hope that this blows my mind...atleast it will be worth the 60 bucks for ODST...but i gotta say that it looks a LOT like halo 3, just with cleaner graphics

dacendaran

Dec 31, 2008
Remember halo is not gears of war, It was never about cover it was about shooting the other guy more than he could shoot you.

then again I am not too good at halo so maybe thats why I die so much.

Anyway the music In this trailer alone makes me Shoot rainbows. I have always loved the Halo Soundtracks.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Amazing looking.. except for the jetpacks. They really look out of place but as long as they're just one of the optional suit upgrades with a limited charge I guess it could be worse.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
If that invasion mode is what I think it is, then the new gameplay changes and JQ may make me buy this.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
John Funk said:
Our first look at the Halo: Reach multiplayer is here, and it just goes to prove the old axiom: Everything is better with jetpacks.
I've checked - there's not a single thing in this world that could not be improved by strapping a jetpack to it.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
I may have spoken to soon Halo: Reach might not suck. Still going to wait and see.

Punisher A.J.

Nov 18, 2009
is it just me or is ODST THE dlc for halo 3.... not just soo much content we needed to put it on a disc but it just does not really feel like a stand alone game.
[sub]even though it had more content than halo 3.[/sub]

the campain, fire fight, map-packs (well duh), new characters and weapons(all 2 of them), story, and reach beta all feel like add-ons.... just saying.
[sub]yeah I know it was originally an add-on.[/sub]

Reire

Jan 17, 2010
Kollega said:
John Funk said:
Our first look at the Halo: Reach multiplayer is here, and it just goes to prove the old axiom: Everything is better with jetpacks.
I've checked - there's not a single thing in this world that could not be improved by strapping a jetpack to it.
Strapping a jetpack to a rugby ball would be a pretty big downgrade, even though it would be awesome

OT: looks good, but if it follows Halo 3 it's going to be filled with whiney 12 year olds

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Punisher A.J. said:
is it just me or is ODST THE dlc for halo 3.... not just soo much content we needed to put it on a disc but it just does not really feel like a stand alone game.
[sub]even though it had more content than halo 3.[/sub]

the campain, fire fight, map-packs (well duh), new characters and weapons(all 2 of them), story, and reach beta all feel like add-ons.... just saying.
[sub]yeah I know it was originally an add-on.[/sub]
hye, it's a lot of fun with bros, and gave me a disk with all the MP maps on it, so i can free up HD space/didn't have to buy all of them.

this looks pretty damn awesome.