Night, she calls me.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
[Reference cookie has been given away]

I found out the other night while pacing the floor deep into the night that I'm quite simply a night person. I find that I become more of myself deeper into the night and I allow myself to be more free. I also find that I have my greatest thoughts and ideas during the wee hours of the night while the others rest. The night is simply where I find home.

So escapist, what time of the day do you find yourself at home in and why?

Drundy

Dec 9, 2009
Maybe because at night you are alone and yo can think more.Im also a night person

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I'm definitely a night person. I'll often say up until 4 or 5 in the morning. Unless it's a school night.

kalakashi

Nov 18, 2009
Apparently this is called Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. I self-diagnosed myself with that, it seems about right. Then again, it also just sounds like chronic lazy.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
I am a person of the night.
'Tis a time i take delight.
Where my mind shows it's might.
In that dark and humble night.

zohmbee

Feb 21, 2008
I stay up until 3-4 AM every day regardless of school. I just... don't like sleeping. It wastes time I could be using.

Zweiblumen

Mar 21, 2009
I wouldn't really call myself a night person, but I really enjoy solitude. Given that solitude's usually a side-effect of staying up late, I often end up going to sleep too late.

Though I do like the night, I don't really prefer it that much over day.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Since starting university I slowly developed into a night person. Now it's the middle of my second year and I can stay up all night and still get things done, no problem. I've even been fine after 36 hours without sleep, though I did have to sort of recoup that over the weekend by sleeping most of Sunday...

delet

Nov 2, 2008
kalakashi said:
Apparently this is called Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. I self-diagnosed myself with that, it seems about right. Then again, it also just sounds like chronic lazy.
Same here. Julian's ailment thread a while back educated me on what DSPS was. I searched into it and discovered that it was describing my life's sleeping pattern for the past 10 years. Fairly sure my self-diagnosis is justified with that.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
My mind works best when i'm in the bathroom or alone in the kitchen... God i have some surreal and deep thoughts during those solitary periods of introspection.

And i'm not a night person, its 20 past midnight here, and hell i'm tired.

Aug 25, 2009
I write more, read more, and often game more when it's late. Guess I'm a night person. Currently reading Neil Gaiman's Sandman, for bonus appropriateness.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I'm a night person, I stay awake until about 3-4am and then get out of bed at 1-2pm.

Helps me stay out longer on the weekend, I prefer coding at night and I prefer skating at night because there are less people/cars around.

In the summer when most of my activitys are water based I'll switch back to enjoying the sun, but right now seeing as the sun does nothing except give a crap amount of light it's best to ignore it until it's heating things up and has a use.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
fuckfuckfuck... I've heard that reference somewhere.... THE COOKIE WILL BE MINE, I'll be back when I remember...

edit: google says
voltaire: the night
shit, I could've sworn it was a pearl jam lyric... I've been listening to them too much lately... but that other song is quite cool. I don't deserve no cookie...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
When I'm alone listening to some Castle Crashers tune I do a lot.
When I'm alone on the Computer I get sh!t done.
When I'm alone on my desk I get sh!t done.

I'm a Morning person. More of 10:00
Also I'm a Night Person too.

Sleeping is a waste of time? Listen to yourselves.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I am vengance, I am the night, I AM BATMAN!

last summer I didn't have a job, so I went to bed at 6a.m and woke up at noon. I have to wholly agree with you. I love having the time by myself, I love the night just for the calmness that I feel, also I'm away from the nonstop yelling.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Daveman said:
fuckfuckfuck... I've heard that reference somewhere.... THE COOKIE WILL BE MINE, I'll be back when I remember...

edit: google says
voltaire: the night
shit, I could've sworn it was a pearl jam lyric... I've been listening to them too much lately... but that other song is quite cool. I don't deserve no cookie...
You get your cookie anyway. I found I couldn't think about the subject of this thread without thinking of that song too.

ahlycks said:
Aby_Z said:
have you ever been out in the wilderness at night? yeah, its not as romantic and beautiful as it looks out your window or in your backyard.
Perhaps, but have you ever looked outside after a day of heavy snow has stopped on a full-moon night? The light off the snow is simply beautiful and the lighting appears to be almost day-lit. Truly, I've never seen anything more beautiful than one of these night, but with a wonderful Red moon.