Nike Designer Claims Back to the Future Power Laces Coming in 2015

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Alex Co said:
I'd be content with an honest-to-goodness hoverboard.

Beyond that, does anyone else find it a bit funny that a designer (of any kind, really) is named Tinker? :3

AdamG3691

Nov 18, 2009
LazyAza said:
Since I figure the only other thing from bttf2 that could be feasibly done is the self drying jacket I hope some clothes company has plans for that.
well hydrophobic fabric is already a thing (hell, hydrophobic materials have been around for a long time, like that Squand stuff that was essentially water repelling sand)

the main problem with hydrophobic clothing is sweat, since they repel water your sweat just hangs around rather than being absorbed, making you uncomfortaby moist, like youre wearing clingfilm, the only way to fix that would me to make the inside out of regular materials... making the clothes heavier and rendering the entire "repels water" thing pointless since the inside won't repel water.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Bindal said:
The shoes themselves came about two years ago, only missing the power laces... now the second half is coming, too.
Almost scary, how accurate BttF2 predicted 2015.
Not really. It would be scary if that weren't literally the only thing they got right. And even then only because the movie influenced people to make them.

Hell, they even got wrong that Pontiac would still be around. Of all the brands to replace Hill Valley's Toyota dealership with, they had to go with an American one in a future where Japan is even more powerful than it is now. Must have been paid product placement.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
AdamG3691 said:
LazyAza said:
Since I figure the only other thing from bttf2 that could be feasibly done is the self drying jacket I hope some clothes company has plans for that.
well hydrophobic fabric is already a thing (hell, hydrophobic materials have been around for a long time, like that Squand stuff that was essentially water repelling sand)

the main problem with hydrophobic clothing is sweat, since they repel water your sweat just hangs around rather than being absorbed, making you uncomfortaby moist, like youre wearing clingfilm, the only way to fix that would me to make the inside out of regular materials... making the clothes heavier and rendering the entire "repels water" thing pointless since the inside won't repel water.
That isn't what I want at all, the jacket needs to be a regular ass jacket (that looks like the bfft2 one of course) that happens to have a built in "hair dryer" like system that literally fills the jacket with warm air while blowing excess moisture off your body accompanied with the appropriate "your jacket is drying" "your jacket is dry" steven hawking sound alike announcements. It would be one heavy ass jacket so not the kind of thing you'd wanna wear all the time but the novelty would be amazing.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Bah, obviously the importance of having flying cars and hoverboards has not sunk in to these people yet.