Ninja Theory's Hellblade Deletes Your Save if You Die Too Many Times

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
Damian Porter said:
Xorph said:
Damian Porter said:
Gotta love the idiotic "git gud" crowd making asses of themselves like always. God forbid we don't like a stupid, forced mechanic in our games.
Gotta love the idiotic "I can't read" crowd making asses of themselves like always. God forbid they actually read the thread a bit before posting and see the entire article's already been debunked.
Oh, look. Speak of the devil...
Tbh I can't tell if you're saying I can't read or that I'm a git-gudder. Maybe it's a sign that I really can't read and my posts until now have only made sense by chance 🤔

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
maninahat said:
I like the idea of it - even if it means I might have to start the game from scratch.
You won't. It doesn't do anything.

It means death now has an actual weight to it
It doesn't.

"well I don't care if I die, I can win by sheer tenacity/attrition".
You can.

Plus the life system seems built into the story too,
It isn't. There is no lives system.

This is why the whole thing was a shit idea. People are confused and misled about what the game does and operating on misinformation. Not smart.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Zhukov said:
maninahat said:
I like the idea of it - even if it means I might have to start the game from scratch.
You won't. It doesn't do anything.

It means death now has an actual weight to it
It doesn't.

"well I don't care if I die, I can win by sheer tenacity/attrition".
You can.

Plus the life system seems built into the story too,
It isn't. There is no lives system.

This is why the whole thing was a shit idea. People are confused and misled about what the game does and operating on misinformation. Not smart.
Is this some sort of spoiler?

As in, does the game actually tell you that you will lose if you die too many times, only for this to be a trick? If that's teh case, I don't mind that sort of deception - it worked whilst I played The First Walking Dead, the game letting me think that my decisions were actually affecting the outcome (rather than leading me down the same path regardless). Sure, by the second playthrough I realised I was being had, but that trickery worked to make the first playthrough far more involving.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
maninahat said:

As in, does the game actually tell you that you will lose if you die too many times, only for this to be a trick?
I can explain how it works if you like.

If you intend to play the game regardless and want to go in blind then I'll keep my mouth shut. I don't want to spoil anything, I'm just trying to clear up misinformation.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Zhukov said:
maninahat said:

As in, does the game actually tell you that you will lose if you die too many times, only for this to be a trick?
I can explain how it works if you like.

If you intend to play the game regardless and want to go in blind then I'll keep my mouth shut. I don't want to spoil anything, I'm just trying to clear up misinformation.
I'll go in blind - I think I've heard too much already! You can still tell the good folk here though, I'll just avoid this thread.

Mrjacksmash

Feb 1, 2012
New mechanic? Guess all the days of playing arcade machines where you had finite lives was just my imagination.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Bat Vader said:
ArcaneGamer said:
Bat Vader said:
Considering I plan to use a trainer that gives me God Mode I won't have to worry about this.
Because if the game isn't going to be fair to us, then why the Heck should we? =D

Exactly. I routinely use trainers or other forms of cheats in games that I play. Games are a from of relaxation and a hobby for me and I don't find it fun or relaxing when I keep dying over and over to something. People both online and offline give me shit for it but I don't care. I play games how I want and if someone doesn't like that or feels I am inferior to them than tough shit.
I can respect that, same here. It feels like the 3DS and the PC are the one places left to use cheat codes. We aren't bad because we do not desire to be killed various times. Same thing with Easy mode, I DO NOT want to be judged because I want to enjoy the story without screaming in frustration at a boss.