Nintendo Bringing Fancy Limited Edition 3DS XLs to Europe

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Nintendo Bringing Fancy Limited Edition 3DS XLs to Europe

Pikachu and White 3DS' to reach European shores this year.

Last month, Nintendo of America boss, Reggie Fils-Aime, confirmed that Nintendo wouldn't be selling the white 3DS as a standard SKU in the west, but he did hint that it might reach shelves as a limited-edition variant. Nintendo has since announced that the white 3DS XL will go on sale in Europe as a limited-edition bundle on the 17th of November. The white 3DS XL comes with Mario Kart 7 pre-installed. No price was announced.

For those of you who prefer bright yellow to white, Nintendo is also releasing the striking Pikachu 3DS XL in Europe sometime this year. Launched in Japan just shortly before the NA release of the 3DS XL, the unique Pikachu variant of the handheld was only available to those who pre-ordered it from select Pokemon Center stores. The limited release turned the variant into somewhat of a collectors item, despite the fact the 3DS XL's dual cameras make it look like Pikachu is wearing nipple clamps.

It's not clear if these variants will be released in North America, as according to Reggie, yanks tend to prefer pink to white and silver.

"You might see a limited-time offer with a white or silver 3DS XL, or we might colorize it slightly differently," he told IGN. "But in terms of an ongoing SKU, the consumer has responded in our marketplace and said that, for a handheld gaming device from Nintendo, that kind of white or silver doesn't sell nearly as well as blue or red or even pink."

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/04/3ds-xl-circle-pad-pro-gets-big-in-japan-nov-15/]

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I want it so bad. I do already have a Pikachu cover for my DSi

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Reminds me of the old Pikachu Gameboy I had back in the day, the one where the power button lit up his cheeks. Wish I still had that...

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
If this comes to Canada I will get one.

And then I will have a 3DS finally.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I want one. It'll go nicely next to my old Pikachu GameBoy Color. Too bad there aren't all that many games on the 3DS worth playing at the moment. There are a few but I'm not sure I want to upgrade from my regular 3DS to an XL yet. I suppose I should, Pokemon will eventually migrate over completely so I guess I can think of it as an investment.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
See, I don't see nipples, I just see a set of headphones hung off of Pikachu's neck. And yet I'm the depraved one...
But back to the topic, I know at least one dude who's gonna jizz his pants when he finds out he's gonna get a chance to own this.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Makes him look more like an Austin Powers fembot to me.
No puns from you?

I'm shocked by such a turn of events. Though I'm sure these limited editions won't send shockwaves through the industry, they'll certainly be a good item for collectors.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Spot1990 said:
First thing I thought was freaky Pikachu nipples.
now I cant unsee it
<spoiler=cute cat>http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/95/378205993b45abfb1f24ebb3d88587cf/l.jpg