Nintendo Confirms Pokemon Sun and Moon For The 3DS

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Nintendo Confirms Pokemon Sun and Moon For The 3DS

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1289/1289099.jpg
Nintendo has confirmed that the next Pokemon games will be Pokemon Sun and Moon for the 3DS.

Ahead of Nintendo's special Pokemon-focused Nintendo direct today, we caught wind of trademarks and logos [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166600-Trademarks-Logos-Pop-Up-for-Pokemon-Sun-and-Pokemon-Moon] being registered for something called Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon. Now, Nintendo has officially confirmed the new games: they are the next generation of Pokemon, and will be released for the 3DS in Holiday, 2016.

Breaking a longstanding Pokemon tradition, Sun and Moon do not appear to be an extended "third game" version of X and Y, and are instead an entirely new generation.

The direct started off with a look back at all of the Pokemon games to date, showing us nostalgia-ridden video of the evolution of the franchise, before talking a (very) little bit about the new games.

We didn't actually see any pictures or video of the games in action, and the only solid piece of information we were able to discern was that you will be able to transfer Pokemon caught in the new eShop versions of Red, Blue and Yellow to Sun and Moon, the game will have a simultaneous worldwide release, and it will come with two additional new languages (traditional and simplified Chinese).

That's about it guys. Nintendo pretty much just flashed the logo at us and said it was coming later this year. The direct itself was only 6 minutes long.

Source: Nintendo [http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-26-2016/]

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wait, wasn't the logo or something was mention as a parody in yesterday news?

Either way, just show me some new Pokemons to get me hyped up. Still I wonder if this "rainbow" list my Pokemon obsess mate is relevent to the upcoming game?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I'll buy it but I think I'm calling it quits on the series by the time the 3DS is replaced. Just not enough time in the day anymore and adult obligations. >.<

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Redlin5 said:
I'll buy it but I think I'm calling it quits on the series by the time the 3DS is replaced. Just not enough time in the day anymore and adult obligations. >.<
You say that now...But you won't be able to resist ;)

I remember many giving up when black and white were released, then everyone saw the graphics of X and Y and were drawn back in xD

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Buizel91 said:
Redlin5 said:
You say that now...But you won't be able to resist ;)

I remember many giving up when black and white were released, then everyone saw the graphics of X and Y and were drawn back in xD
Oi, you changed your name!

I actually was giving up on Pokemon after Black and White 2 but then I was gifted a 3DS and what followed followed.

Pokemon may be to my professional detriment in the future however if I don't choose to give it up on my terms. It's too addicting and there's too much work to do these days. Got to draw that line in the sand somewhere.

[sub]That and I haven't really been for the art direction the series has taken since Gen 4 but that's a moot point.[/sub]

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010

New Region, Holiday season 2016, and more Pokemon. I'm about to die of excitement right now.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
So I guess they're skipping Z huh?

Probably for the best, Kalos was very barebones as a region, in fact I'm not unconvinced gen 6 was so small because it was primarily intended to move the series into 3D and it was more work doing all the existing pokemon

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Wait, wasn't the logo or something was mention as a parody in yesterday news?

Either way, just show me some new Pokemons to get me hyped up. Still I wonder if this "rainbow" list my Pokemon obsess mate is relevent to the upcoming game?
The logos were official trademarks but a parody account was releasing false information.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I wonder if a mew obtained via the original Pokemon Yellow glitch can get past the Bank radar.

OT: I'm excited and extremely happy this isn't an N3DS exclusive. Now they need to show us the starters so we can get this hype train up to proper speed.

We all knew this was coming, Pokemon games are as predictable as Final Fantasy, it's funny that all Nintendo needs to do is say "Yep it's happening" and the internet explodes. The fanfare and the speculation are half the fun.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
It's hilarious how well Nintendo knows its fans. They know that all they have to do to get the hype train started is to announce that they're making a new one.

I mean, I'm still probably gonna buy it, but it's still funny to watch.

So...any bets on the next hilariously broken Mega Evolution? Mega Rayquaza was a damn riot, but I bet Nintendo can do better. Palkia and Dialga, perhaps?

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Steven Bogos said:
and the only solid piece of information we were able to discern was that you will be able to transfer Pokemon caught in the new eShop versions of Red, Blue and Yellow to Sun and Moon,
So. . . does this mean I can have MissingNo in Pokemon Sun or Moon? Or would there be something to prevent that?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Well, Nintendo, you have just guaranteed you will get my money. Insert clip of Ted DiBiase here.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
Pluvia said:
Maybe this means Lunatone and Solrock will get evolutions.

Interested to see which country it's set in this time.
I've heard people speculate that it'll be a Spain inspired region, I think their only evidence is Masuda has taken a trip to Spain recently though but it would be cool.

spartenX

Oct 2, 2009
so....mega evolutions for solrock and lunatone seem to be an obvious guess, but I'm also wondering if we'll get megas for espeon and umbreon.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
totheendofsin said:
Pluvia said:

I've heard people speculate that it'll be a Spain inspired region, I think their only evidence is Masuda has taken a trip to Spain recently though but it would be cool.
Could be that, one of the images in the trailer was of a fancy white house with a palm tree by it. Either the Mediterranean or California would be my bet.

I'm very excited for this, I'm glad it's not a third version. Not that I didn't like third versions, but it's always more interesting to get a completely new region rather than a slightly polished one.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
totheendofsin said:
Pluvia said:

Nah. It will be based in Mexico. You know, where the Aztec pyramids of the Sun and of the Moon are.