Nintendo Crushes Fans' Hopes for Notable Wii Localizations

BlueHighwind

New member
Jan 24, 2010
363
0
0
Maybe Americans would buy RPGs if we got good ones like this instead of worthless crap like FFXIII and whatever "Ateliar Iris" is.

Nintendo, stop failing.
 

JediMB

New member
Oct 25, 2008
3,094
0
0
canadamus_prime said:
If these are 3rd party games, it might not be Nintendo's call.
"Each is a respectably to highly-rated game and published by Nintendo"
 

jpoon

New member
Mar 26, 2009
1,995
0
0
Nintendo has an embarrasingly stupid corporate leadership. A group of morons who have no understanding of the importance of their 'core gamers. One day the people will leave the shitbag that is nintendo behind. I stopped buying N products years ago, this is just one of the reasons why.
 

xyrafhoan

New member
Jan 11, 2010
472
0
0
canadamus_prime said:
If these are 3rd party games, it might not be Nintendo's call.
MonolithSoft is owned by Nintendo, and all of their games have been published by Nintendo, so I doubt we'd see Xenoblade in any way if Nintendo says no. The Last Story is developed by Mistwalker and published by Nintendo, but I don't know if that means another publisher can step in. Pandora's Tower came out recently in Japan and you would be unlikely to see a localization notice this early on, but heck, why isn't Nintendo pushing for some variety on the Wii? These aren't as universally popular games as Mario or Zelda, but the market has been good console jRPGs. Seems like no one will take a risk on the big three consoles even though the Wii is not exactly expensive to develop and publish for.
 

Rect Pola

New member
May 19, 2009
349
0
0
Does nobody at Nintendo think that repeatedly doing this might lead to their fans to STOP being "such great fans"? This is a disturbing sign; sure they (might have) learned they can't be complete jerks with other companies, but they can do whatever they hell they want to their fans as long as they crank out another Mario game. Right? Right?
 

Neo0MJ

New member
Jan 4, 2010
16
0
0
xyrafhoan said:
The Last Story is developed by Mistwalker and published by Nintendo, but I don't know if that means another publisher can step in.
The game was developed my MW, but Nintendo owns it, similar to how Microsoft owns Trenched.
 

Ashadow700

New member
Jun 28, 2010
87
0
0
Can anyone explain what on earth Nintendo is thinking with this one? I mean, they make billions each year, so they are are not exactly newbies when it comes to the economical aspekts of the videogame industry, but in this case it allmost sounds like they are flat out saying "No thanks fans, we don't want your big bag of money". I mean, what the heck?
 

Neo0MJ

New member
Jan 4, 2010
16
0
0
Ashadow700 said:
Can anyone explain what on earth Nintendo is thinking with this one? I mean, they make billions each year, so they are are not exactly newbies when it comes to the economical aspekts of the videogame industry, but in this case it allmost sounds like they are flat out saying "No thanks fans, we don't want your big bag of money". I mean, what the heck?
I think it has to do with how hard Sin and Punishment bombed in the US.
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
JediMB said:
canadamus_prime said:
If these are 3rd party games, it might not be Nintendo's call.
"Each is a respectably to highly-rated game and published by Nintendo"
Ok then, never mind.
xyrafhoan said:
canadamus_prime said:
If these are 3rd party games, it might not be Nintendo's call.
MonolithSoft is owned by Nintendo, and all of their games have been published by Nintendo, so I doubt we'd see Xenoblade in any way if Nintendo says no. The Last Story is developed by Mistwalker and published by Nintendo, but I don't know if that means another publisher can step in. Pandora's Tower came out recently in Japan and you would be unlikely to see a localization notice this early on, but heck, why isn't Nintendo pushing for some variety on the Wii? These aren't as universally popular games as Mario or Zelda, but the market has been good console jRPGs. Seems like no one will take a risk on the big three consoles even though the Wii is not exactly expensive to develop and publish for.
Well so much for my theory.
If that's the case it does seem strange that Nintendo won't localize these games. Certainly this fan campaign shows that there is a market for them.
 

Drakos.Amatras

New member
Mar 23, 2011
68
0
0
DrakeLake said:
Not surprised, but that's a pretty messed up response, promising an update like that just to say no. Why not say no then and there instead of doing this false hope announcement crap?

Rude!
My thoughts exactly.

BlueHighwind said:
Maybe Americans would buy RPGs if we got good ones like this instead of worthless crap like FFXIII and whatever "Ateliar Iris" is.
Oh, stop joking. With many huge publishers pouring their money into funding and advertising First-Person Shooters, JRPGs don't get a chance to shine even if they're good. Not to mention what these publishers produce influence part of the general demand, intended or not.

Note: Atelier Iris is on the PS2, it's not published by Nintendo, and, while not great, certainly not low-quality. I should know; I've played the game for tens of hours.

Soviet Heavy said:
Good ole' xenophobia. Scared that their precious gems will be tarnished by dirty foreign hands?
I think you're mistaking Nintendo with Namco. ...Hopefully. But it's not like the Western gaming community is welcome towards JRPGs either. (Or perhaps it's the US gaming community? EU seems more accepting of RPGs and Japanese games in general, as far as I've observed.) From that perspective, I can understand why they'd hesitate to release a game of such quality/reputation to a region which might not appreciate or support it as much as it deserves.
 

The Grim Ace

New member
May 20, 2010
483
0
0
I will forgive all of these gaffes on Nintendo's part on two conditions: Mother 1 + 2 and Mother 3 localized for the US already. I know it's not going to happen but I can still hold out all the angry hope there is.
 
Feb 9, 2011
1,735
0
0
And this is another reason why my Nintendo Wii has been collecting dust for years. Nothing, nothing of worth comes out for this system...and I love Nintendo. It hurts to say that... :<
 

Kopikatsu

New member
May 27, 2010
4,924
0
0
Why does Nintendo hate money?

Maybe they got sick of watching their consoles print it. IS THAT WHY YOU HATE MONEY, NINTENDO? BECAUSE YOU HAVE TOO MUCH OF IT?

If so, I'll gladly sacrifice myself and take some of that money off your hands. Aren't I selfless?
 

Aiddon_v1legacy

New member
Nov 19, 2009
3,672
0
0
Kopikatsu said:
Why does Nintendo hate money?

Maybe they got sick of watching their consoles print it. IS THAT WHY YOU HATE MONEY, NINTENDO? BECAUSE YOU HAVE TOO MUCH OF IT?

If so, I'll gladly sacrifice myself and take some of that money off your hands. Aren't I selfless?
Because gamers, despite saying they WOULD support said titles, will inevitably find excuses to chicken out of buying them hoping that someone else will pick up the slack for them, proving that gamers are little more than a bunch of whiny, hypocritical, gutless, meek crybabies who don't deserve nice things.
 

Kopikatsu

New member
May 27, 2010
4,924
0
0
Aiddon said:
Kopikatsu said:
Why does Nintendo hate money?

Maybe they got sick of watching their consoles print it. IS THAT WHY YOU HATE MONEY, NINTENDO? BECAUSE YOU HAVE TOO MUCH OF IT?

If so, I'll gladly sacrifice myself and take some of that money off your hands. Aren't I selfless?
Because gamers, despite saying they WOULD support said titles, will inevitably find excuses to chicken out of buying them hoping that someone else will pick up the slack for them, proving that gamers are little more than a bunch of whiny, hypocritical, gutless, meek crybabies who don't deserve nice things.
Well they suck, then. I'm stuck with importing games from Japan, and I couldn't read Kanji to save my life. (I can read a VERY SMALL amount, but Japanese is a very confusing language with many variations. Like Chinese. OH GOD CHINESE IS HORRIBLE.)
 

Epona

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2020
4,221
0
41
Country
United States
It's like Nintendo want us to regret purchasing the Wii. One day they will be back on the bottom and this shit will be part of the reason why. I hope the WiiU fails just like the 3DS will. I used to love Nintendo but there is only so much any fan can take.

This isn't that big of a deal really but it's the straw that broke the camels back. In the US the virtual console is neglected (we did finally get FFVI today, months after everyone else), we don't get a release schedule...Nintendo acts like we should be happy with the unscheduled scraps they throw us. We only get one VC game every 2 weeks and most of the time the game we get sucks. They threw Skyward Sword on the back burner to concentrate on getting OoT 3DS out, we have been waiting for 5 years for a new console Zelda and the Wii has yet to see a Zelda game of it's own. Hell, they have neglected the Wii for everyone who isn't a soccer mom!

Just a rant that goes through my head every Monday (now Thursday) when I check the Wii Shop Channel to find nothing worth buying or when I look through my Wii games and find that none of them are worth playing twice.
 

rolandoftheeld

New member
Jun 17, 2010
34
0
0
Oh, quit complaining. They'll get around to the localizations eventually. I mean, look at Final Fantasy 3! People asked for a localization, and they got it! 16 years later. With an entirely new game engine. And completely different gameplay. Look forward to Xenoblade on the Wii UDSX in 2027!
 

Epona

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2020
4,221
0
41
Country
United States
rolandoftheeld said:
Oh, quit complaining. They'll get around to the localizations eventually. I mean, look at Final Fantasy 3! People asked for a localization, and they got it! 16 years later. With an entirely new game engine. And completely different gameplay. Look forward to Xenoblade on the Wii UDSX in 2027!
That's Square Enix, not Nintendo.