Nintendo Crushes Fans' Hopes for Notable Wii Localizations

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Nicolaus99 said:
The irony is that given access to the software, people would localize it themselves. For free. Seen exactly that time and time again on PC. I weep for my dust collecting consoles. Hateful corporate policies like this make reasonable people root for pirates.
Fans did that Fatal Frame 4 when Nintendo didn't.

Seriously, Nintendo... when you have people doing YOUR JOB for FREE because you're TOO LAZY to do it yourself, that's a very bad sign.

And I'll remember this when the Wii U comes out and I know that the games I want they won't bother releasing for me to play.

Never have I seen a game company that makes games so eager to not give the games they make to the gamers that want to play them.

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
Aiddon said:
Kopikatsu said:
Why does Nintendo hate money?

Maybe they got sick of watching their consoles print it. IS THAT WHY YOU HATE MONEY, NINTENDO? BECAUSE YOU HAVE TOO MUCH OF IT?

If so, I'll gladly sacrifice myself and take some of that money off your hands. Aren't I selfless?
Because gamers, despite saying they WOULD support said titles, will inevitably find excuses to chicken out of buying them hoping that someone else will pick up the slack for them, proving that gamers are little more than a bunch of whiny, hypocritical, gutless, meek crybabies who don't deserve nice things.
Well they suck, then. I'm stuck with importing games from Japan, and I couldn't read Kanji to save my life. (I can read a VERY SMALL amount, but Japanese is a very confusing language with many variations. Like Chinese. OH GOD CHINESE IS HORRIBLE.)
Put GeckoOS on your wii and import from here [http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Wii/Role-Playing/Xenoblade-Chronicles-/~r355233/?s=xenoblade] for Xenoblade. TLS is early next year so no place to get it yet

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009
Trishbot said:
Nicolaus99 said:
The irony is that given access to the software, people would localize it themselves. For free. Seen exactly that time and time again on PC. I weep for my dust collecting consoles. Hateful corporate policies like this make reasonable people root for pirates.
Fans did that Fatal Frame 4 when Nintendo didn't.

Seriously, Nintendo... when you have people doing YOUR JOB for FREE because you're TOO LAZY to do it yourself, that's a very bad sign.

And I'll remember this when the Wii U comes out and I know that the games I want they won't bother releasing for me to play.

Never have I seen a game company that makes games so eager to not give the games they make to the gamers that want to play them.
The game is already localised and has full English VA (with awesome british voices). NOE is making up for years of neglect in the nineties

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
That sucks for you guys stateside...
Seems Europe will have more luck, so lucky ehm... not me.
I gave my parents a Wii, but don't have one myself.
Got enough to do with PS3, 360 and a sweet PC...

Still, I feel your pain.
At least they clarified their position, because that's a lot better than hoping against hopes and waiting.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Okay Nintendo, so which games DO western gamers want? Because from what I can see you think western gamers only want games with Mario or Wii Sports. Meanwhile the PS3 and 360 get plenty of use, and it isn't just the "CoD kiddies" real gamers are over there playing real games. Sure the PS360 has it's share of bad games, but at least they got variety. Half of my friend's Wii library has Mario's name in it. We both think it is really pathetic that the majority of worthwhile games on the Wii are Mario.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Those games mentioned were fine, but I'd like to see more localization of the Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice series stateside.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Crono1973 said:
It's like Nintendo want us to regret purchasing the Wii. One day they will be back on the bottom and this shit will be part of the reason why. I hope the WiiU fails just like the 3DS will. I used to love Nintendo but there is only so much any fan can take.
Doubt 3DS is going to fail.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Balobo said:
Crono1973 said:
It's like Nintendo want us to regret purchasing the Wii. One day they will be back on the bottom and this shit will be part of the reason why. I hope the WiiU fails just like the 3DS will. I used to love Nintendo but there is only so much any fan can take.
I don't know, the 3D gimmick isn't exactly making people run out and buy them and that is it's major feature. What good is a feature that some people can't even see and that gives alot of people a headache making for short gaming sessions in 3D.

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
I'm going to take a different angle on this and place my theory on the casual market. Nintendo have seen so much success with that area that they probably believe that the most efficiant thing to do would be to just panda to a taste for shallow games in a land that has outspoken rejection of the deep end of games i.e. Fox.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Nintendo of America is the worst part of Nintendo. At least that's how I see it.
Nintendo of Europa has to translate the game for several different languages (mostly 5) and they still manage to do stuff, NoA could simply take the English version from NoE and just sell it.

What the hell are those lazy bast**** doing? Wii is already on it's dead bed, why hit it with all you've got to kill it faster?
I'm just grateful that I'm in Europe. I feel sorry for you fans in America. :(

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
Damn that sucks for the US. Here you have some JRPGs that look interesting and they won't be shared with everyone. They should at least consider a Wii U release.

LakuNoce

Oct 18, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
Nintendo Crushes Fans' Hopes for Notable Wii Localizations

The most maddening part is that The Last Story and Xenoblade have both been announced for Europe,...

Are you sure about Last Story? I thought Xenoblade was the only safe localisation and The Last Story was just a rumour. I'm happy but where did you get this info? You're playing with substantial hopes here. ;)

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Fronzel said:
"Thank you for your enthusiasm. We promised an update, so here it is. We never say 'never,' but we can confirm that there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time. Thanks so much for your passion, and for being such great fans!"
"Nope, you get nothing. Remember to love us, suckers!"
This made me think of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Maybe they're pulling a Gene Wilder. "You get nothing! JK, have everything."

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Crono1973 said:
Balobo said:
Crono1973 said:
I don't know, the 3D gimmick isn't exactly making people run out and buy them and that is it's major feature. What good is a feature that some people can't even see and that gives alot of people a headache making for short gaming sessions in 3D.
People aren't running out and buying them because it was released in the middle of the year (no holiday sales), had a highish price, and, in Japan's case, was released in the midst of a natural disaster. You should probably just be on the "wait and see" boat versus being on the "oh it's obviously going to fail no matter what" boat. If it doesn't start selling by the holidays then you should switch boats.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Mother 3 was really all the example you would ever need.

They're more interested in stocking the shelves with awful shovel-ware than actual games.