Nintendo Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Nintendo Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Get ready to turn over a new leaf when the next Animal Crossing game hits the 3DS this summer.

Since its announcement in 2011, Animal Crossing fans have been patiently (or impatiently, in some cases) awaiting the release of the next game in the series. Animal Crossing: Jump Out, as it's called in Japan, has been available in that region since November 2012, which is also around the time that Nintendo gave it a new title for North America [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120334-Animal-Crossing-Turns-Over-New-Leaf-in-Latest-Trailer]: Animal Crossing: New Leaf. It's almost time to pay off your debt to Tom Nook all over again; New Leaf is coming on June 9, 2013.

The release date was revealed on this morning's North American Nintendo Direct video, which also showed off some gameplay. As previously reported, New Leaf lets the player be the mayor of his or her town, which is a first for the series (and raises some serious questions about what happened to Tortimer). Instead of picking from a few pre-built tiny houses in town, you'll get to build your dwellings from the ground up, even choosing its location. Animal Crossing: New Leaf also offers more home and town customization options than previous games in the series.

Between this and several other recently announced 3DS games, it's going to be a busy summer for owners of Nintendo's handheld. I'd like to preemptively invite everyone to come visit my town... but if you cut down my trees, you are banished.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Rune Factory 4, Etrian Odyssey 4, and now Animal Crossing? Go ahead, Nintendo, just take all my money before the year is half over. It's like all of a sudden Nintendo said "Hey, maybe we should stop all this 3D nonsense and just release good games on the system?"

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Squeeeeeeep!

This is going to be the reason why I pick up the 3DS in our house.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
juyunseen said:
I... I really need to finally suck it up and get a 3ds huh...
I know that feel bro. With Sony losing the Monster Hunter to Nintendo, I'll be getting a 3DS soon enough.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
juyunseen said:
They all laughed at me!

They all laughed at me!

(I did TOO when I found out about the 3DS price drop)

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT. I was right.

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
juyunseen said:
I feel your pain. If not for the new Animal Crossing, then for the new Pokemon.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Yes. Yes! YES!​

Probably my most anticipated game of this year. So glad to have a release date for it.