Nintendo Direct 13th September 3pm PT: It's Happening Take Two Edition!

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
1,072
0
0
If they're going to talk about Smash(which they will), I hope they show what that blurred out part in the main menu was and that they DON'T show any new characters off, they should keep them a secret to find in game when in comes out. I can't say I'm interested in their online subscription, NES games just aren't really worth it, SNES games maybe, but if they at least included N64 or Gamecube games, then they'd have my attention. Not sure what else to expect, but I hope they included some more info on Bayonetta 3.
 

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
579
0
0
Kitsune Hunter said:
If they're going to talk about Smash(which they will), I hope they show what that blurred out part in the main menu was and that they DON'T show any new characters off, they should keep them a secret to find in game when in comes out. I can't say I'm interested in their online subscription, NES games just aren't really worth it, SNES games maybe, but if they at least included N64 or Gamecube games, then they'd have my attention. Not sure what else to expect, but I hope they included some more info on Bayonetta 3.
If they're talking about smash, they'll likely do a character reveal or two, and explain how online works, since that's likely the crux of the Direct.
 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
Kitsune Hunter said:
If they're going to talk about Smash(which they will), I hope they show what that blurred out part in the main menu was and that they DON'T show any new characters off, they should keep them a secret to find in game when in comes out. I can't say I'm interested in their online subscription, NES games just aren't really worth it, SNES games maybe, but if they at least included N64 or Gamecube games, then they'd have my attention. Not sure what else to expect, but I hope they included some more info on Bayonetta 3.
I don't know, the list of new assist trophies showcased kinda put a damper on what can possibly be added in this game now?
 

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
7,625
987
118
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
Samtemdo8 said:
That too. And that is even more worrying. Will Namco preserve that its an immersive First Person "Adventure"?
That was more a shot at the Metroid Prime (and to an extent, Hunters). As I stated, the only way I can see myself enjoying Metroid Prime 4 is if it's nothing like its predecessors.
 

Aiddon_v1legacy

New member
Nov 19, 2009
3,672
0
0
Hawki said:
Samtemdo8 said:
That too. And that is even more worrying. Will Namco preserve that its an immersive First Person "Adventure"?
That was more a shot at the Metroid Prime (and to an extent, Hunters). As I stated, the only way I can see myself enjoying Metroid Prime 4 is if it's nothing like its predecessors.
To be honest, as much as I enjoy Prime, I do find that the sub-series was running out of ideas by Prime 2 and the only reason Prime 3 was able to eke out some innovations was due to the Wii's motion controls. When you get down to it, First Person is an inherently limiting viewpoint.
 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
Aiddon said:
Hawki said:
Samtemdo8 said:
That too. And that is even more worrying. Will Namco preserve that its an immersive First Person "Adventure"?
That was more a shot at the Metroid Prime (and to an extent, Hunters). As I stated, the only way I can see myself enjoying Metroid Prime 4 is if it's nothing like its predecessors.
To be honest, as much as I enjoy Prime, I do find that the sub-series was running out of ideas by Prime 2 and the only reason Prime 3 was able to eke out some innovations was due to the Wii's motion controls. When you get down to it, First Person is an inherently limiting viewpoint.
But it made it all the more immersive!!!

Seeing your helmet visor and get wet, stained with blood, and steam humidity.

Take that away and make it a 3rd Person game ala Metroid Other M and you might aswell call it Metroid 5 or Metroid Switch.

This is Metroid PRIME 4. And we expect a Metroid PRIME game to look like this:

 

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
May 4, 2020
3,361
998
118
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Gender
Cuttlefish
Samtemdo8 said:
Aiddon said:
Hawki said:
Samtemdo8 said:
That too. And that is even more worrying. Will Namco preserve that its an immersive First Person "Adventure"?
That was more a shot at the Metroid Prime (and to an extent, Hunters). As I stated, the only way I can see myself enjoying Metroid Prime 4 is if it's nothing like its predecessors.
To be honest, as much as I enjoy Prime, I do find that the sub-series was running out of ideas by Prime 2 and the only reason Prime 3 was able to eke out some innovations was due to the Wii's motion controls. When you get down to it, First Person is an inherently limiting viewpoint.
But it made it all the more immersive!!!

Seeing your helmet visor and get wet, stained with blood, and steam humidity.

Take that away and make it a 3rd Person game ala Metroid Other M and you might aswell call it Metroid 5 or Metroid Switch.

This is Metroid PRIME 4. And we expect a Metroid PRIME game to look like this:

Slightly off topic, I remember seeing the artwork for Quadraxis in a guide book or Nintendo Power or something and being disappointed when had a white instead of neon green coloring for his barrier panel things.
 

Aiddon_v1legacy

New member
Nov 19, 2009
3,672
0
0
Samtemdo8 said:
But it made it all the more immersive!!!

Seeing your helmet visor and get wet, stained with blood, and steam humidity.

Take that away and make it a 3rd Person game ala Metroid Other M and you might aswell call it Metroid 5 or Metroid Switch.

This is Metroid PRIME 4. And we expect a Metroid PRIME game to look like this:
No it didn't. The reason the Prime games are so "immersive" (god, I have come to hate that term) is because they take place in unique, richly detailed worlds that pile on atmosphere. Which meant that they were doing what was a series' mainstay, it doesn't matter whether it's in 1st or 3rd person. Literally every entry of the series emphasized that. Considering how the main thrust of the series is isolation (not so much Other M, but even then Samus has minimal support) atmosphere better be good or else you're just bored.
 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
Aiddon said:
Samtemdo8 said:
But it made it all the more immersive!!!

Seeing your helmet visor and get wet, stained with blood, and steam humidity.

Take that away and make it a 3rd Person game ala Metroid Other M and you might aswell call it Metroid 5 or Metroid Switch.

This is Metroid PRIME 4. And we expect a Metroid PRIME game to look like this:
No it didn't. The reason the Prime games are so "immersive" (god, I have come to hate that term) is because they take place in unique, richly detailed worlds that pile on atmosphere. Which meant that they were doing what was a series' mainstay, it doesn't matter whether it's in 1st or 3rd person. Literally every entry of the series emphasized that. Considering how the main thrust of the series is isolation (not so much Other M, but even then Samus has minimal support) atmosphere better be good or else you're just bored.
I don't want it in 3rd Person Regardless or else you call it Metroid 5, or 6, or Metroid "insert generic title"
 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
No Metroid Prime 4 news. Now I am in the worry phase.

Also Isabelle from Animal Crossing is the newest playable fighter in Smash so yeah...
 

Aiddon_v1legacy

New member
Nov 19, 2009
3,672
0
0
So, to recap:

-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn for 3DS
-Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey
-CAPCOM Beat 'Em Up Bundle
-New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
-Katamari Damacy Reroll
-New fantasy RPG by Game Freak
-Cities: Skylines
-Yoshi's Crafted World
-Sid Meier's Civilization VI
-EIGHT FINAL FANTASY TITLES, including VII (but VIII nowhere in sight. HA!)
-Isabelle for Smash
-And new Animal Crossing on Switch.

Good times