Nintendo Direct Airs Today, Focuses on Upcoming Wii U Titles

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
PoolCleaningRobot said:
Sure it was fun. My sisters were extremely saddened when my copy of it got lost. Not that I looked hard for it. Its not an IP in the same sense as Zelda or Mario.
You are pulling the very definition of a No True Scotsman fallacy.
Whatever the fuck that means. When DVS BSTrD first made the IP comment he was talking about new IP's with an actual in-game universe and story like "The Last of Us" not mini game collections. That's all I'm saying

Does anyone else think this is a little sad though? That the only new Nintendo IP you name is Wii Sports?
Xenoblade, Pushmo, Crashmo, HarmoKnight, Nintendogs, Dillon's Rolling Western, Brain Training, W101, Endless Ocean, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Sakura Samurai... I think that'll do for now.
Haven't heard of half of those but my main point was why did you use Wii Sports as the amazing new IP when you have this list of mediocre titles to choose from? Xenoblades would have been a better example

Edit:
P.S. I said something mean about Nintendo in that thread where EA said they didn't have any games in development for the Wii U so you better go correct me there too

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
PoolCleaningRobot said:
Whatever the fuck that means. When DVS BSTrD first made the IP comment he was talking about new IP's with an actual in-game universe and story like "The Last of Us" not mini game collections. That's all I'm saying
How do you know what DVS BSTrD meant? You are not he. You cannot know what criteria he put. You're just moving the goalposts on his statement.

When have games ever been defined by story? Mario doesn't have a story. The actual universe seemingly changes from game to game. If you're defining games by story and lore rather than gameplay, then I think you might be missing something rather fundamental.
Believe whatever you want. DVS BSTrD is prolly reading this and laughing at us or something. Or think up a pun

Because Wii Sports was the best selling game this gen. And was a new IP. Therefore it made the point better.
Wii Sports is a "best seller" in sense that it crammed down the throat of every person who bought a Wii. When I bought my Wii I wouldn't have bought Wii Sports as a game separate from the console so I don't see how my "purchase" of the game can be considered voluntary. There was no cheaper bundle for the Wii that didn't include the game. I had to buy it

And I still don't see where your Scotsman Fallacy fits in. Wii Sports is a new IP. I was being cheeky in my first post when I called it a tech demo. Just because Wii Sports is an IP doesn't mean I have to think its a good IP like Mario or Zelda. I just think it was a bad example. It would be as if someone said "Microsoft hasn't made any new IP's" and then I mentioned a shitty kinect dance game that sold a million copies

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Come on Nintendo, actually give me a reason to buy the thing. I don't want to be so disappointed in Nintendo but they're making it so easy ATM, at least on the Wii U front. I have more hope for the 3DS
When did you go from Vegeta to Gohan?

As for getting a WiiU, if you have a Xbox360 or PS3 and own Batman Arkham City, AssCreed3, Darksiders2 then I don't think I can help you. If you don't... get the console, these 3 games + NintendoLand and ZombiU and go have a good time!

Otherwise wait a little until Pikmin3, Zelda, Metroid; and company, are released and during that time stick to the 3DS which seems to have picked up a bit of pace at the moment :D