Nintendo Direct announced for March 8th 5pm ET

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
half an hour about future switch games and 3ds, including Mario tennis aces.

so what do you think they will uncover as well ?

i sure hope for a port of South Park on switch, especially since there's a new DLC coming out soon,
there's the rumors about Diablo III that are more and more present
they will probably talk more about Wolfenstein II that is suppose to come out soon, but that we didnt heard of much
i've heard rumors about a new kingdom for Mario Odyssey...

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
This Direct is obviously going to be all about the GOTY tomorrow you guys.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
cathou said:
i've heard rumors about a new kingdom for Mario Odyssey...
Is it Troy? Ithaca?

I want my Super Mario Iliad!

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Yoshi178 said:
Is this going to be one of those times where you predict GOTY before it actually comes out?

Anyway, if we're speculating on the next direct, you know my routine by now, but something-something Golden Sun, something-something Advance Wars, something-something-something.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
The only things I really want an update on are the online service and Virtual Console. A few games I know we're getting in the future I'd like to see more about are Valkyria Chronicles 4, Wolfenstein II, Pillars of Eternity II, Octopath Traveler, and Bloodstained. Other than that, I'll let Nintendo surprise me

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
cathou said:
Not the game from 6 years ago? Be still my heart.
When they were touting 3rd party support I assumed it would be more relevant, not porting games from half a dozen years ago that everybody already played in better, more apt systems. Like Skyrim.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I'm just here for the Smash fans getting mad at Nintendo for not announcing the new Smash, despite Nintendo not promising anything about Smash.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
cathou said:
When they were touting 3rd party support I assumed it would be more relevant, not porting games from half a dozen years ago that everybody already played in better, more apt systems. Like Skyrim.
well, blizzard twitted this not long ago

https://twitter.com/blizzard_ent/status/968727468675809280

which is probably diablo for switch. is it diablo 3 ? probably, i am excited by this, not at all. But, if they work on diablo, this is an indication that they migth also work other games for the platform, which is more exciting

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
cathou said:
well, blizzard twitted this not long ago

https://twitter.com/blizzard_ent/status/968727468675809280

which is probably diablo for switch. is it diablo 3 ? probably, i am excited by this, not at all. But, if they work on diablo, this is an indication that they migth also work other games for the platform, which is more exciting
Yeah, plus it's not like Diablo isn't still being played to this day. People can try the joyless "but this game is old" excuse all they want, but product is product at the end of the day, regardless of when it was made. And yes, it would be neat of them to port some other titles like Overwatch over to the Switch (especially if they allow gyro aiming). It's clear more people are looking to the Switch as a viable platform and that's a good thing for the industry.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Aiddon said:
People can try the joyless "but this game is old" excuse all they want, but product is product at the end of the day, regardless of when it was made.
They're green anyway, said the fox about the grapes he couldn't quite reach.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Aiddon said:
People can try the joyless "but this game is old" excuse all they want, but product is product at the end of the day, regardless of when it was made.
They're green anyway, said the fox about the grapes he couldn't quite reach.
????? That makes no sense. Seriously, that is a nonsensical analogy to use for this situation. A better one would be "At least I have them, said the fox of the wilted grapes he was eating." Moving on.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Hawki said:
Yoshi178 said:
Is this going to be one of those times where you predict GOTY before it actually comes out?
I don't know.

is this going to be one of those times where you try and dictate what people are and aren't allowed to choose for their GOTY choice?

btw jokes on you. when you guys reported and got me banned over xmas for that stuff, the Admin revoked the infraction as they considered my ban appeal to be pretty reasonable.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Johnny Novgorod said:
cathou said:
Yeah! People want amazing modern 3rd Party games like Bubsy: The Woolies Strike back!

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I'm personally hoping for more news on Octopath Traveler, specifically a release date.
Samtemdo8 said:
Nothing on Metroid Prime 4?

Or Smash Bros. for Switch?
I have a feeling they're gonna be saving both of those for E3.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I'm hoping for some news on Bloodstained.

Jesus Christ that seems to bein development lingo. Maybe some more hop on hop off ... or maybe that Monster Huntergame localization. As much as I like MHW, I prefer the idea of me and some friends gathering around and playing some good local and internet co-op games.

Stuff that plays to the strengths of the Switch.

Some of the funnest moments in gaming (full stop) is some friends congregating to play something in the flesh .... MHW doesn't scratch that itch. It's just not the same as being able to organize in the flesh and quickly discuss stuff like who's tranqing and collectively playing through hunts together to get other players relatively up to speed.

It's the reason why boardgaming is my favourite gaming medium.

I'm hoping that the Switch brings out more of those games that actually channel those gamers who have friends and like hanging out with people. Like 91% of the world, extroverts like looking for reasons to connect with people.

The Switch can do that and deliver that better than any gaming unit, including PC, on the market. You just need to tap into it more. Hell, the improved advertisement campaign that did so well advertised the ease of social gaming the unit can provide.

Gee, IDK ... maybe target those people more?

Ditto some news on SSB would be great, for the same reasons.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Yoshi178 said:
is this going to be one of those times where you try and dictate what people are and aren't allowed to choose for their GOTY choice?
Where did I do that?

I think you're using a liberal interpretation of "dictating." No-one's dictating anything, I'm just pointing out the idiosyncracy of declaring something GOTY before it's even released. If I did that, people would be right to laugh at me. Doesn't stop you from still doing it.

Yoshi178 said:
btw jokes on you. when you guys reported and got me banned over xmas for that stuff,
And that's something I never did.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Really want some details on Metroid Prime 4 (and-- fingers crossed-- the Prime Trilogy getting a remaster/ port on Switch).

I'm looking forward to Yoshi, sure, but we already have gameplay vids for that. I don't really need any extra details.

Pokemon Switch news would be great as well, but I'm not expecting that.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Silvanus said:
Really want some details on Metroid Prime 4 (and-- fingers crossed-- the Prime Trilogy getting a remaster/ port on Switch).

I'm looking forward to Yoshi, sure, but we already have gameplay vids for that. I don't really need any extra details.

Pokemon Switch news would be great as well, but I'm not expecting that.
Metroid Prime 4 might, MIGHT get a trailer, but that will be it if it even does show up.

Metroid Prime 4 is more than likely going to be saved to be one of the big E3 showcase games. same goes for Pokemon Switch.

The one game i'm most confident that we'll see something from that we haven't heard about in a while is Fire Emblem Switch. they oficially announced that over a year ago now and we still have heard or seen literally nothing other than a title for it. i'm betting that Fire Emblem Switch will probably get a trailer in this direct.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Addendum_Forthcoming said:
I'm hoping for some news on Bloodstained.

Jesus Christ that seems to bein development lingo.
They actually do relatively frequent updates on Twitter about the game's development. English voice recording just finished wrapping up and it sounds like we're definitely going to be seeing it release sometime soon this year.