Nintendo Direct announced for March 8th 5pm ET

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
So, highlights:

-Luigi's Mansion 3DS remake

-Solaire Amiibo for Dark Souls (also, there will be a network test)

-Okami HD for Switch

-Project Octopath Traveler out July 13

-Splatoon Expansion with PLAYABLE OCTOLINGS and Inklings in new SSB.

-Also, Crash Bandicoot on Switch. That's weird

All is well with the world

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
altnameJag said:
I'm just here for the Smash fans getting mad at Nintendo for not announcing the new Smash, despite Nintendo not promising anything about Smash.
Well, Ink's on me, I guess.

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
altnameJag said:
altnameJag said:
I'm just here for the Smash fans getting mad at Nintendo for not announcing the new Smash, despite Nintendo not promising anything about Smash.
Well, Ink's on me, I guess.
Gotta admit though, it was a very cool teaser.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
It was a good Direct even. Splatoon 2 came in at the end and ate everybody's lunch, regardless.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Tank207 said:
They actually do relatively frequent updates on Twitter about the game's development. English voice recording just finished wrapping up and it sounds like we're definitely going to be seeing it release sometime soon this year.

Yeah, I don't have Twitter so probably my fault. I kickstarted Bloodstained ages ago and it feels like updates area bit .... ehhh? I mean more than a handful has just beenabout fan art and people talking about the project as in their motives and feelings behind the project.

Which is nice, it's nice to see artists excited forsomething. But atthe same time when you get so many of those updates in lieu of actual development reports that you can read and ascertain actual milestones and what the teams are working on you kind of start to glaze over in interest of reading them.

Good to hear they've gotten the English VA wrapped up. Which means they've got a solid handle on the storyboarding, map layouts, game progression, etc. So yeah ... hopefully that means I'll be playing it soon.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Congratz Sony! the one reason had to help convince me to buy a PS4 is now gone.

Aiddon said:
not really. Crash has been on Nintendo and Xbox platforms for a long time now.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Yoshi178 said:
Aiddon said:
I understand the minor confusion tho. Crash is usually associated with Sony and Playstation, even though that only applies to the original trilogy and Crash Team Racing [small](and Crash Bash, but maybe 2 and a half people care about that one)[/small]. You know, the ones people are most likely to remember and have nostalgia for.

Whatever tho, Crash seems a decent fit for the Switch.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Chimpzy said:
Yoshi178 said:
Aiddon said:
I understand the minor confusion tho. Crash is usually associated with Sony and Playstation, even though that only applies to the original trilogy and Crash Team Racing [small](and Crash Bash, but maybe 2 and a half people care about that one)[/small]. You know, the ones people are most likely to remember and have nostalgia for.

Whatever tho, Crash seems a decent fit for the Switch.
It's only a matter of time now before the Spyro Trilogy follows.

the rumours are that will also come out this year and will also be a timed exclusive for the PS4 but will then become multiplatform.

Jan 27, 2011
I'm sitting here going "Holy crap, finally another good mario Tennis game"

I'm slightly miffed that the Special Shots aren't unique to the character like Mario Power Tennis, but even so, the new mechanics look pretty neat.

I can't wait to be able to afford a Switch. Seriously, if someone could reply to my many job applications, that'd be nice. :(

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
aegix drakan said:

I'm slightly miffed that the Special Shots aren't unique to the character like Mario Power Tennis, but even so, the new mechanics look pretty neat.

I can't wait to be able to afford a Switch. Seriously, if someone could reply to my many job applications, that'd be nice. :(
what sorta jobs you applying for?

just make sure you aren't afraid to think outside the box and that you're applying for more than one type of job. like i was just applying for retail jobs for awhile and wasn't getting anywhere.

now i do customer service full time for the government at an inbound call centre. something i never thought i'd ever end up doing. been doing that for more than a year now. but yeah. try to think outside the box and apply for literally everything, even if it's a type of job you haven't had much experience in before.

Jan 27, 2011
Yoshi178 said:
aegix drakan said:

Mostly Junior Programming positions (especially game studios), as that's what my bachlor's degree is in. Sadly, I only got one call-back so far, and they went with someone else in the end.

I would prefer a game writing position, as that's my real talent. But as you might expect, jobs like that aren't exactly growing on dialogue trees. I've literally seen a single opening for that in the 3 months I've been job hunting.

My first real job was in that line of work and my god was it awesome, despite the insane workload and tight deadlines.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Please let Solaire of Astora be a Super Smash Bros character.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
So, new Smash on the horizon, huh? Well, that's nice. Still no signs of F-Zero outside of the inevitable "FALCON PUNCH!" references? That's got me sad.

You want to know what would cheer me up, though? Two words. One character.

And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... THE DOOM SLAYER.
Yeah, put the god damned DooM Slayer in Smash 5. Might even make me get a Switch, just to play as the DooM Slayer in Smash. Hey, DooM 2016 is on the Switch. It can happen.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
aegix drakan said:
Yoshi178 said:
aegix drakan said:

Mostly Junior Programming positions (especially game studios), as that's what my bachlor's degree is in. Sadly, I only got one call-back so far, and they went with someone else in the end.

I would prefer a game writing position, as that's my real talent. But as you might expect, jobs like that aren't exactly growing on dialogue trees. I've literally seen a single opening for that in the 3 months I've been job hunting.

My first real job was in that line of work and my god was it awesome, despite the insane workload and tight deadlines.
Yeah i studied sound production and i was doing Audio Engineering for a couple of years. it was really hard to make money in that line of work and i wasn't getting anywhere so i had to start looking at other types of work.

my call centre isn't anywhere close to what i wanted to do, but it's giving me a stable income, it's pathway to a career and the fact that i'm earning money now means i can take stepping stones and do things like currently i'm saving up to buy a house which hopefully i can afford by the end of this year, and from there onwards i can keep doing things like paying the mortgage, keep buying videogames, and buy all the music equipment i ever wanted.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Chimpzy said:
Yoshi178 said:
Aiddon said:
Caddicarus brought Bash into the public's eye again.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
Yoshi178 said:
Congratz Sony! the one reason had to help convince to buy a PS4 is now gone.

Aiddon said:

Now if only Sony could channel the same generosity for landing some of their other, more recent first party stuff on PC.