Nintendo Direct Mini March 26

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
It's been rumored for a while now that there'd be a Nintendo Direct in March, and it dropped today. Anyway, Yoshi is asleep or something, so I'm going to steal a march on him and post about it in his stead, for no other reason than that I'm bored. And malicious. Oh so malicious.

Full overview on the Nintendo website [https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2020/new-nintendo-direct-mini-highlights-a-wide-variety-of-games-coming-to-nintendo-switch-this-year/]

Anyway, not the most mindblowing showing, but I'm pretty pleased. Got some stuff to put on the wishlist:

Panzer Dragoon: Kind of fell off after the initial announcement, so I was kind of wondering what happened to that. Guess that's answered. Releases today.
Shinsekai: Metroidvania is my bag and underwater is a fun spin. Also releases today.
Catherine Full Body: Nice. Now if only Atlus would just release Persona 5 (Royal) on Switch, but I doubt it. Probably has an exclusivity deal with Sony.
Burnout Paradise Remastered: I'm going to crash so many cars. How many more cars? None. None more cars.
Trials of Mana: I had fun with the demo. Will probably pick that up. Or have it delivered, since, you know...

Where that Mario 3D World tho? And that Metroid Prime 4 news! You got some splainin to do, Nintenderp!

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
-Xenoblade: Well, that was fast
-2K Games: Neat, but stop skimping on the fucking cartridges, publishers
-Smash Bros: My guess, it's going to be Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, or Min Min
-Burnout Paradise: So, who finally twisted EA's arm enough to remind them that ignoring Nintendo is a fucking stupid idea?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I already got Burnout Paradise on PS4, so I am not getting that.

Panzer Dragoon Reamke is the most interesting game on the mini-direct. And it's out now! I was not expecting that! Imma gonna pick this up today.

Ninjala looks interesting, and plays like a kid friendly version of Anarchy Reigns. It's even got wall running! Color me interested. Apparently this game got announced 2 years ago. I never heard of it until now.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Chimpzy said:
Anyway, Yoshi is asleep or something,
well i literally was sleeping. i just got up for work

Chimpzy said:
so I'm going to steal a march on him and post about it in his stead, for no other reason than that I'm bored. And malicious. Oh so malicious.
i honestly don't really care.

I'm just SO FREAKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! :')

also excited for the Borderlands and Bishock collection as well as XCOM and Catherine. will defs be picking all of those up :)

wait Burnout Paradise was in there too? must have missed that part. but will be getting that as well as i loved Burnout 3 Takedown on the Xbox but never got to play Paradise.

depending on how i'm doing for cash i might get Bravely Default too but the other stuff i've mentioned i'll be picking up before that.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Aiddon said:
-Smash Bros: My guess, it's going to be Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, or Min Min
screw them. they're good for nothing except pervy fan art.

Helix or Master Mummy is where shit's at!!!!

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
CoCage said:
Panzer Dragoon Reamke is the most interesting game on the mini-direct. And it's out now! I was not expecting that! Imma gonna pick this up today.
Yeah, it kind of surfaced after no news for over a year since its announcement. Not complaining tho.

Fyi, in case you haven't picked it up yet, Limited Run Games is doing pre-order for a physical release tomorrow, if that's something you care for. Kind of tempted to maybe pick one up. Will depend on price.

Speaking of physical, since I remember you being hyped for Streets of Rage 4, there's still copies available [https://limitedrungames.com/collections/nintendo/products/switch-limited-run-65-streets-of-rage-4]. Also a version in a Genesis style case [https://limitedrungames.com/collections/nintendo/products/switch-limited-run-65-streets-of-rage-4-classic-edition]. For Switch and PS4.

Yoshi178 said:
So you're saying your body was not ready?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Chimpzy said:
CoCage said:
Yeah, it kind of surfaced after no news for over a year since its announcement. Not complaining tho.

Fyi, in case you haven't picked it up yet, Limited Run Games is doing pre-order for a physical release tomorrow, if that's something you care for. Kind of tempted to maybe pick one up. Will depend on price.

Speaking of physical, since I remember you being hyped for Streets of Rage 4, there's still copies available [https://limitedrungames.com/collections/nintendo/products/switch-limited-run-65-streets-of-rage-4]. Also a version in a Genesis style case [https://limitedrungames.com/collections/nintendo/products/switch-limited-run-65-streets-of-rage-4-classic-edition]. For Switch and PS4.

Yoshi178 said:
So you're saying your body was not ready?
Thanks, I already pre-ordered SOR4 Classic Edition for Switch. I'm gonna get the standard edition for SOR4 on PS4.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Xenoblade is coming out 2 days before my birthday, so that's gonna be a sweet gift for me to get myself.

I wish Burnout came out on Switch sooner, I would've loved to have played it on there instead of on PS4. Depending on the price I miiiiiiight double dip. It being my 2nd fave racing game and having that on the go would be amazing.

Took em long enough to get some Arms representation in Smash. While not my favourite Nintendo IP, it's at least pretty neat that it's not dead in the water

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Elvis Starburst said:
Xenoblade is coming out 2 days before my birthday, so that's gonna be a sweet gift for me to get myself.
As someone who owns Xenoblade on the 3DS and doesn't have a Switch, I'm kind of miffed about the epilogue thing. I mean, it's fair enough that they're not releasing it separately, and not on old systems at that, but I wish I didn't have to get a Switch, and a copy of a game I already own, just to get an epilogue which, by the looks of it, might be giving Melia a less tragic ending.

(I know I'm not the only person who thinks this, but poor Melia - she loses her family, loses her people, loses her culture, and doesn't even get the boy at the end.)

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Hawki said:
Elvis Starburst said:
As someone who owns Xenoblade on the 3DS and doesn't have a Switch, I'm kind of miffed about the epilogue thing. I mean, it's fair enough that they're not releasing it separately, and not on old systems at that, but I wish I didn't have to get a Switch, and a copy of a game I already own, just to get an epilogue which, by the looks of it, might be giving Melia a less tragic ending.
i own xenoblade on the Wii, the 3DS and the Wii u Virtual Console and i'm still buying the difinitive edition. i like Xenoblade 2 and Xenoblade X was ok but pretty mediocre. the original Xenoblade is one of my favourite games of all time though. love the original so damn much. if they don't give us the european collectors edition of the game here in australia i'm prepared to shell out and pay a scalper i want that Vinyl and Artbook so damn much.

the SD graphics of the original never did the game justice and the new HD look makes it like entire remake while still essentially being the same game we love which is just what i want out of this.

as for the epilogue you gotta remember that the Bionis shoulder was planned to be in the original game but due to both time and hardware constraints and especially due to Nintendo America not being in support of the game when it first came out. in fact we were extremely lucky eve to get the game in Europe and Australia at that time because Nintendo America and Europe didn't seem to care much about the game.

if the game was ever going to be remade, i'm really happy they didn't just decide to slap a straight port on the Switch like they did with the 3DS, going the extra mile and adding that cut content back in and making an extra story out of it was the best i could've hoped for. :)

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
CoCage said:
Thanks, I already pre-ordered SOR4 Classic Edition for Switch. I'm gonna get the standard edition for SOR4 on PS4.
Yoshi178 said:
i own xenoblade on the Wii, the 3DS and the Wii u Virtual Console and i'm still buying the difinitive edition.
Um...

Yeah, I haven't done the "multiple copies of the same game" thing since the sixth console generation. But seriously, four copies?

as for the epilogue you gotta remember that the Bionis shoulder was planned to be in the original game but due to both time and hardware constraints and especially due to Nintendo America not being in support of the game when it first came out. in fact we were extremely lucky eve to get the game in Europe and Australia at that time because Nintendo America and Europe didn't seem to care much about the game.
So the epilogue is simply a recycled area that's brought back. Yay...

Look, I'm not really complaining, but there's no way I'm playing through Xenoblade again anytime soon. I mean, I love the game, but it's a game that took me about 100 hours to complete, and without 100 percenting it at that. If I do get a Switch, and do get the Switch version, it'll likely only be for the epilogue at that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hawki said:
Um...

Yeah, I haven't done the "multiple copies of the same game" thing since the sixth console generation. But seriously, four copies?
That's nothing. I got 3 copies of Bayonetta (would've been 4, but I traded in my Wii U for a Switch), 3 copies of the DMC Trilogy (2HD, 1 Original PS2) DMC3 on Switch (style Switching for the win), 2 copies of Rayman Legends (360, PS4) and two copies of Ninja Warriors Once Again (both for Switch; 1 digital, 1 phsyical). There also both Guacamelee games on 360 digital, and the physical two pack version on Switch. Oh, and two copies of Vanquish (360, PS4).

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Hawki said:
CoCage said:
Yoshi178 said:
i own xenoblade on the Wii, the 3DS and the Wii u Virtual Console and i'm still buying the difinitive edition.
Um...

So the epilogue is simply a recycled area that's brought back. Yay...
Actually the bionis shoulder was planned to be in the original game but the area ended up being entirely cut and unfinished content due to Nintendo not caring about the game at the time and them not thinking it would sell well. this will be the first time that section will ever be released to the world as they finally finally bothered to finish developing that section into part of the story

and yeah i got all 3 versions of it haha. i bought the original wii game from ebay cause i couldn't find it in my stores but i overlooked the game and it ended up in my backlog and i looked over it like so many other people did.

the first time i ever properly played the game was on the 3DS. the 3DS looked really cool and i had a JB Hifi voucher my sister got me for my birthday so i used that to get the 3DS game played it on my hour long the train to and from my volunteer work i did at the time. i figured that was the only way i'd be able to get into playing a game so long as xenoblade was if i did it bit by bit on the train. the more i played, the more i loved the game and then i got the Wii U virtual console of the game and playing that version of the game was so much comfier to play the game than it was on handheld or by using the Wii mote to play.

the Wii U gamepad gets mocked a lot but people seriously underestimate how freaking comfy it is to hold that thing.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Why does everyone keep remaking Burnout Paradise? It was shit. The open world utterly destroyed the pacing of Burnout, and the soundtrack was... let's say... not that good.

Bring back Takedown or Revenge. Or even Point of Impact. Now THOSE were Burnout games.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Squilookle said:
Why does everyone keep remaking Burnout Paradise? It was shit. The open world utterly destroyed the pacing of Burnout, and the soundtrack was... let's say... not that good.

Bring back Takedown or Revenge. Or even Point of Impact. Now THOSE were Burnout games.
burnout 3 takedown is the only burnout i ever played. i haven't gotten to play any of the others so i'll try paradise *shrugs*

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Squilookle said:

All personal preference! It's my 2nd fave racing game personally, so I had a blast with it. I'm sure it gets remade cause it does something right

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Yoshi178 said:
Squilookle said:

burnout 3 takedown is the only burnout i ever played. i haven't gotten to play any of the others so i'll try paradise *shrugs*
Well that's fair enough, if you haven't tried it.