Nintendo Direct September 1st

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
579
0
0
Can't think of anything interesting they could be announcing, to be fair.

Probably more info about the new Pokemon games, and maybe a bit more about Zelda as well.

Wish they would talk about their NX line-up, if they want the console to do well, they need a strong launch line-up. Honestly hope they'll have a port of Smash 4 with extra content, but that seems unlikely.
 

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
4,267
0
0
Let's see...

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Yo-Kai Watch 2
Mario Party Star Rush
Pokemon Sun/Moon

Probably just going to remind everyone these will be coming out instead of announcing anything new.
 

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
8,411
15
23
Sonmi said:
Can't think of anything interesting they could be announcing, to be fair.

Probably more info about the new Pokemon games, and maybe a bit more about Zelda as well.

Wish they would talk about their NX line-up, if they want the console to do well, they need a strong launch line-up. Honestly hope they'll have a port of Smash 4 with extra content, but that seems unlikely.
Well if you knew, then it wouldn't be interesting. That's the point of a surprise, right?
 

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
579
0
0
Saelune said:
Sonmi said:
Can't think of anything interesting they could be announcing, to be fair.

Probably more info about the new Pokemon games, and maybe a bit more about Zelda as well.

Wish they would talk about their NX line-up, if they want the console to do well, they need a strong launch line-up. Honestly hope they'll have a port of Smash 4 with extra content, but that seems unlikely.
Well if you knew, then it wouldn't be interesting. That's the point of a surprise, right?
There's a difference between knowing something, and expecting one.

I'd be looking forward to the Direct if I expected anything interesting (even a surprise), as it stands, I'm pretty much as anti-hyped as anti-hype can be.
 

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
8,411
15
23
Sonmi said:
Saelune said:
Sonmi said:
Can't think of anything interesting they could be announcing, to be fair.

Probably more info about the new Pokemon games, and maybe a bit more about Zelda as well.

Wish they would talk about their NX line-up, if they want the console to do well, they need a strong launch line-up. Honestly hope they'll have a port of Smash 4 with extra content, but that seems unlikely.
Well if you knew, then it wouldn't be interesting. That's the point of a surprise, right?
There's a difference between knowing something, and expecting one.

I'd be looking forward to the Direct if I expected anything interesting (even a surprise), as it stands, I'm pretty much as anti-hyped as anti-hype can be.
I guess. I was surprised when they announced Sun and Moon, mostly cause I was expecting Pok?mon Z.
 

go-10

New member
Feb 3, 2010
1,557
0
0
Aerosteam said:
Let's see...

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Yo-Kai Watch 2
Mario Party Star Rush
Pokemon Sun/Moon

Probably just going to remind everyone these will be coming out instead of announcing anything new.
this is pretty much what I expect this to be. Maybe some more Fire Emblem Fates DLC but nothing new just new releases reminders and maybe some new SNES eshop titles
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,760
0
0
Still waiting on that HD remake of Pokemon Snap, Mr. Nintendo! Twice as big, twice as many pokemon. Come on, its not like you've got anything else worth doing.
 

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
3,114
0
0
I hope there is a neat surprise in this Direct. If the NX is what we all think it is, the 3DS is on its way out in several months. Pokemon is a great send off, but one last big game to come in January or February would be neat too.
 

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
8,411
15
23
Silentpony said:
Still waiting on that HD remake of Pokemon Snap, Mr. Nintendo! Twice as big, twice as many pokemon. Come on, its not like you've got anything else worth doing.
Screw that! Snap 2, all Pok?mon.
 

Aiddon_v1legacy

New member
Nov 19, 2009
3,672
0
0
Yoshi178 said:
i must admit though, i am extremely disappointed that they STILL aren't telling us anything about NX. no one gives a shit about the 3DS at this point Nintendo...
The fact that there still games being made frequently says otherwise.

Anyway, been awhile since the last Direct and it'll be neat to get a showcase or two for upcoming titles like SMTIV: Apocalypse, DQ VII, maybe an update on MH Generations DLC, and maybe the second wave of FE Fates DLC.
 

Yoshi178

New member
Aug 15, 2014
2,108
0
0
Aiddon said:
Yoshi178 said:
i must admit though, i am extremely disappointed that they STILL aren't telling us anything about NX. no one gives a shit about the 3DS at this point Nintendo...
The fact that there still games being made frequently says otherwise.

Anyway, been awhile since the last Direct and it'll be neat to get a showcase or two for upcoming titles like SMTIV: Apocalypse, DQ VII, maybe an update on MH Generations DLC, and maybe the second wave of FE Fates DLC.
Literally all of those are extremely niche. and DLC. woo!!! best thing ever right?


the only really exciting thing coming that we know about is Pokemon Sun & Moon and that's it. they're going to push the Yokai Watch 2 games hard but those are totally going to get lost in the Pokemo hype. nothing they have that we know about is as big and exciting as Pokemon when it comes to 3DS
 

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
4,267
0
0
k0n9 said:
Come on Dragon Quest VIII release date.
September 16th in NA and EU, 17th in AUS.

Edit: Shitpoop, I thought it said "VII", not "VIII".
 

Aiddon_v1legacy

New member
Nov 19, 2009
3,672
0
0
Yoshi178 said:
Literally all of those are extremely niche. and DLC. woo!!! best thing ever right?


the only really exciting thing coming that we know about is Pokemon Sun & Moon and that's it. they're going to push the Yokai Watch 2 games hard but those are totally going to get lost in the Pokemo hype. nothing they have that we know about is as big and exciting as Pokemon when it comes to 3DS
And those are still products. You don't get to cherry pick what does and doesn't count.
 

Yoshi178

New member
Aug 15, 2014
2,108
0
0
Aiddon said:
Yoshi178 said:
Literally all of those are extremely niche. and DLC. woo!!! best thing ever right?


the only really exciting thing coming that we know about is Pokemon Sun & Moon and that's it. they're going to push the Yokai Watch 2 games hard but those are totally going to get lost in the Pokemon hype. nothing they have that we know about is as big and exciting as Pokemon when it comes to 3DS
And those are still products. You don't get to cherry pick what does and doesn't count.
name one franchise coming to 3DS between now and when NX comes out that even comes close to selling as many copies as the Pokemon games do.
 

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
2,232
206
68
Yoshi178 said:
name one franchise coming to 3DS between now and when NX comes out that even comes close to selling as many copies as the Pokemon games do.
I get that you probably don't give a shit about the 3DS, but let's not plug our ears and go "La la la la la" when a few folk who do care tell you there's still plenty to be excited for. They don't have to be best sellers to be worth a damn, hence the repeated "Cherry picking." It's like those who say that Nintendo doesn't have any games past the Mario, Zelda and Pokemon titles, and when people who know what they're talking about list off 12+ examples, this person just blows them off and walks out saying "SEE, Nintendo has no games!" It's stupid and dumb and closed minded. Be open minded. This system is selling well and is still releasing quality titles, niche or not. "No one gives a shit about X" is almost always nothing but "I don't give a shit about X and this company should cater to what I wanna see!"

Which is why I follow up with the fact I look forward to seeing this direct. If there's more info on Ever Oasis, I'll be extremely happy too. That announcement snuck up on us at E3, and I wanna see more dammit!
 

Shoggoth2588

New member
Aug 31, 2009
10,250
0
0
I only realized yesterday (Tuesday, August 30th) that Corpse Party was delayed. Nice looking out news sources!

Anyway, when it comes to the Direct I'm looking forward to it. I still get a lot of mileage out of my 3DS so I'm hoping to see some new games announced. Even if they don't show a new game or two I want to see more info on Yokai Watch 2, Dragon Quest VII, etc. Maybe there will be some kinda shake-up when it comes to the virtual console. Hopefully this Direct ends with the date of the NX Direct later this month...maybe in a week or so.
 

Yoshi178

New member
Aug 15, 2014
2,108
0
0
Kibeth41 said:
Yoshi178 said:
name one franchise coming to 3DS between now and when NX comes out that even comes close to selling as many copies as the Pokemon games do.
As he said. You don't get to cherrypick.

Just because not as many people are excited for them as they are for Sun and Moon does not mean there aren't any people who're excited for them. That's drawing a false conclusion.

Sometimes they announce other directs during the direct. So who knows? Maybe we'll see something we don't expect.

It's disappointing that they haven't announced the NX, but we've got 8 months till the NX release date. So hopefully we see something by Christmas.

EDIT: Also, they wouldn't announce a Direct for something like the NX literally one day in advance.
7 actually