Nintendo Direct September 4 at 3pm PT

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Obligatory 'anything Metroid', but that's a pretty unlikely one. Aside from that, can't really think of anything I want to see announced. Won't watch it anyway, since it airs at midnight and I gotta go to work in the morning. Chimp needs his Z's.

I'll catch a roundup later, see what's up.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Chimpzy said:
Obligatory 'anything Metroid', but that's a pretty unlikely one. Aside from that, can't really think of anything I want to see announced. Anyway, won't watch it anyway, since it airs at midnight and I gotta go to work in the morning. Chimp needs his Z's.

Pikmin 4 or GTFO Nintendo

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Yoshi178 said:
Chimpzy said:
Obligatory 'anything Metroid', but that's a pretty unlikely one. Aside from that, can't really think of anything I want to see announced. Anyway, won't watch it anyway, since it airs at midnight and I gotta go to work in the morning. Chimp needs his Z's.

Pikmin 4 or GTFO Nintendo
I can get behind this. Thing has supposedly been in development since 2015.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Probably just more pokemon news and small games for the switch.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Let's see. Zelda news, Pokemon news, More Smash DLC, possibly another Mario game. Unlikely to hear Metroid news, or anything outside of nintendo's normal wheelhouse

EDIT: Laura Dale the queen of spoilers, just tweeted a hint that there is a major reveal coming and the direct is gonna be 40 minutes long.

"So, I think
@JimSterling
is going to be very pleased by tonight?s Nintendo Direct. Why? Everywhere I hear rumblings about something he?s a big fan of surfacing as an announcement during that 40 mins. Really fun reveal. You?ll want to be watching."

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
Kotaku pretty much spoiled an Overwatch port.

Also, seeing as the mask is now off on Smash's 4th DLC fighter, I'd assume we'll get our SNK newcomer reveal. Hoping for Mai or a Metal Slug rep, expecting Terry Bogart.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Banjo Kazooie comes out today for Smash Ultimate!!!!

Terry Bogard from SNK's Fatal Fury/King of Fighters confirmed as the 4th DLC fighter for Smash Ultimate.

And Nintendo Confirmed that there are even more DLC fighters in development after this Fighters Pack for Smash.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Also my freind is fucking pissed now that Overwatch for Switch is coming.

He was one of those fuckers in 2017 that was adamant the game couldn't run on Switch LMFAO!

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Yoshi178 said:
Also my freind is fucking pissed now that Overwatch for Switch in 2017.

He was one of those fuckers in 2017 that was adamant the game couldn't run on Switch LMFAO!
Zero Suit D.Va with a Power Suit mech would be pretty rad.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Specter Von Baren said:
Yoshi178 said:

Fuck Overwatch characters in Smash. If I want Blizzard characters give me Arthas or Thrall or Jim Raynor or Kerrigan.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Samtemdo8 said:
Specter Von Baren said:
Yoshi178 said:

Fuck Overwatch characters in Smash. If I want Blizzard characters give me Arthas or Thrall or Jim Raynor or Kerrigan.
I meant as a skin in the Switch version of Overwatch.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
Specter Von Baren said:
Yoshi178 said:

Y'know, if D.Va did end up in Smash, it wouldn't surprise me as the IP's whored itself out to so many non-Nintendo IPs at this point that it doesn't matter anymore. But arguably at least D.Va would have an excuse what with Overwatch coming to the Switch. What excuse would StarCraft characters have outside StarCraft 64, and what reason would Warcraft have at all?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
The Rogue Wolf said:
Hawki said:
What excuse would StarCraft characters have outside StarCraft 64, and what reason would Warcraft have at all?
"It'd be cool"?
That excuse can be used to justify the inclusion of any character from any IP.

Which Nintendo is free to do, at the end of the day. But before the day ends, I'm left to ask about justifications and whether there's any artistic merit for it. SSB started out as a Nintendo IP-only thing, but now it's morphed into "come one, come all."

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
Hawki said:
What excuse would StarCraft characters have outside StarCraft 64, and what reason would Warcraft have at all?
"It'd be cool"?
I mean at this point Smash is such a premiere franchise companies all over would KILL to have a fighter in it. At this point it's not so much a celebration of Nintendo as it is a celebration of gaming. And with a second season of DLC coming I expect the madness to continue getting bigger and bigger.

Anyway, stuff:

-Overwatch: Whatever, but it is funny seeing people eat crow after claiming the Switch couldn't run it
-Trials of Mana: Gimme
-Terry: "ARE YOU OKAY!?"
-Tokyo Mirage Sessions: Glorious. Now make a sequel (also reminds me that Atlus sure are taking their sweet time with SMTV)
-Deadly Premonition: I'm sorry, WHAT?
-SNES Online: WHOO-HOO!
-Jedi Knight: HUH?????
-Xenoblade: Neat. Now port Xenoblade X. And make a Xenoblade X 2 already.