Nintendo E3 2011 - Your Reactions?

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
bombadilillo said:
Kroxile said:
So.. uhh.. what about the virtual console stuff I already bought on my wii?

If I can't keep the stuff (move it over) then this is gonna be a no sale for me as I don't like keeping too many consoles around as is... I mean, as a PC Gamer I have a reputation to uphold and whatnot.
Your pc gamer rep just died by admiting you have/play wii.
Nah brah. My PC has everything PS3/Xbox has and then some but it don't play Wii games. And what can I say? I likes me some gaming.

Warlord211

May 8, 2011
bombadilillo said:
Kroxile said:
So.. uhh.. what about the virtual console stuff I already bought on my wii?

If I can't keep the stuff (move it over) then this is gonna be a no sale for me as I don't like keeping too many consoles around as is... I mean, as a PC Gamer I have a reputation to uphold and whatnot.
Your pc gamer rep just died by admiting you have/play wii.
Yeah you kinda screwed yourself by saying that

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Well, I am once again Nintendo's *****. That's it, they've sealed it. It's a done deal, they have won my soul.

Arkham City, Darksiders 2, Battlefield 3 etc on Nintendo with multi-screens? You know what, Sony's Vita's looking a bit paler nowadays. And Kinect? Boy did MS fuck up big time.

I'm glad they're not pushing for better movement controls, looks like most of their big 3rd party titles will just be using the standard control configuration, maybe with some limited touch-screen stuff. You know, for inventories and what-not.

Nintendo... this is the step you needed in the right direction. Fuck, this is a rocket-boosted jump in the right direction. Well done my good sirs, we got 'em.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
Ashadow700 said:
Right... so this Wii U... thing...
There are 2 things that I want to know about this controller/console:
1. What are the technical specifications of it?
2. How well will it support online gamming?

In my opinion, these are the two main flaws with the Wii that completely ruined the console. The tech becuase that meant that is missed out on all the third party games, and online becuase... well becuase you could not play online very well.

I'm seeing so many parallels to when the Wii first came out that I don't dare to get excited about this new console.... controller..... Ok, someone please tell me, IS IT A CONTROLLER OR A CONSOLE??!!
Its a console. Theres no debate?

The conference literally said. "Stong partnership with the internet" Its online, web browsing features were shown. They showed battlefield 3 being played online.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
I can't help but be excited by one specific idea - using the new controller as a motion tracker in Aliens: Colonial Marines. Just...something about that would be so badass.

Anyway, I'd say Nintendo had a pretty good show. As for the others, EA had - surprisingly - a great show. Microsoft's was stupid, Sony's was boring, and Ubisoft's was physically painful to watch. I'm pretty convinced Sony was mind-controlling them; how else could Ubisoft have chosen such a terrible host?

[link]http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AHJ_VuskF2zJtKDRXdtv8qpeYnAlkxHb-MfckxYTX_j1zxtf3sAluvfXMQVBndUazZCanIe4acAalAdya21LINQTEdLme0dMOAHz9e7H6N7YKSAp8YmvalzZSrBP5m1EXxf8v7fxrgAp_Pn1g9WRAmRX6LLLC8FgxA[/link]

EDIT: It was actually "o_o vinori".

CrankyStorming

Mar 8, 2010
Eric Huntinton said:
anybody else realized that if this new system is on par with the 360 n ps3 that when they come out with there new generations that the wiiu will still be behind a generation yet again and lose all 3rd party support yet again
Frankly, how much more power can you actually notice before you start paying thousands for the console and hundreds for the games? This is about as powerful as any console will need to be for a while now.

What I'm most excited about is being able to play it around the house. That's the real problem with home consoles and always has been, but now they've finally sorted it out. Let's just hope it can run two games at once, even though I doubt that will happen.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
MetroidNut said:
I can't help but be excited by one specific idea - using the new controller as a motion tracker in Aliens: Colonial Marines. Just...something about that would be so badass.

Anyway, I'd say Nintendo had a pretty good show. As for the others, EA had - surprisingly - a great show. Microsoft's was stupid, Sony's was boring, and Ubisoft's was physically painful to watch. I'm pretty convinced Sony was mind-controlling them; how else could Ubisoft have chosen such a terrible host?

[link]http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AHJ_VuskF2zJtKDRXdtv8qpeYnAlkxHb-MfckxYTX_j1zxtf3sAluvfXMQVBndUazZCanIe4acAalAdya21LINQTEdLme0dMOAHz9e7H6N7YKSAp8YmvalzZSrBP5m1EXxf8v7fxrgAp_Pn1g9WRAmRX6LLLC8FgxA[/link]

EDIT: It was actually "o_o vinori".
I bonered too. A lot of people have complained, so I have to not look as tv to see this screen, whats the point? But this. Horror scenario you must choose to take your eyes off screen to see the movement tracker! also they could easily make it roate with controller!!!

So many possibilities.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
CrankyStorming said:
Eric Huntinton said:
anybody else realized that if this new system is on par with the 360 n ps3 that when they come out with there new generations that the wiiu will still be behind a generation yet again and lose all 3rd party support yet again
Frankly, how much more power can you actually notice before you start paying thousands for the console and hundreds for the games? This is about as powerful as any console will need to be for a while now.

What I'm most excited about is being able to play it around the house. That's the real problem with home consoles and always has been, but now they've finally sorted it out. Let's just hope it can run two games at once, even though I doubt that will happen.
I will not stop playing to POO! God bless you Nintendo.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Eric Huntinton said:
Don't forget, both Microsoft and Sony have said that their hope is that the Kinect/Move will expand the life of their consoles by five years (now 4) so assuming Nintendo get this out by the Holidays 2012, thats 3 years of direct competition (likely with more power) with the current gen.

TheBlitz

Jun 6, 2011
Do we know what non-gaming capabilities the controller has itself? Is it literally just a controller or does it double up as a sort of organizer/web browser, too?

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Rayansaki said:
Pingieking said:
So essentially, a new HD Nintendo Console with a tablet on steroids as a controller and about the same amount of 3rd party support as the PS3 and X360 is getting. I wonder if the tech in this console is only slightly better than the PS3/X360, or is it going to be able to match the PS4. It almost feels like Nintendo is finally getting into the current generation, just 3 years late.
The problem is, Why would you want to buy another current gen console to play the same games you already play on x360, ps3, even if its slightly upgraded, and most importantly, do you want to play those games on the most unconfortable looking controller ever instead of DS3/X360 controller ?
Well, that's the million dollar question.
Wii U is coming next year, so I think we can assume it'll be Fall 2012 launch. That means just about every third part game they announced for launch day would already have been out on X360 and PS3 for a year (most of what was shown was slated for October/November 2011 release).
And yeah, the controller does look uncomfortable. I've never held atablet for long periods of time that way, and never had to do anything that actually required dexterity and fast reaction time on a tablet. So I have no idea how MW3 or Battlefield 3 will work on something like that.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Plinglebob said:
Eric Huntinton said:
Don't forget, both Microsoft and Sony have said that their hope is that the Kinect/Move will expand the life of their consoles by five years (now 4) so assuming Nintendo get this out by the Holidays 2012, thats 3 years of direct competition (likely with more power) with the current gen.
Thats true I didnt think about the fact sony n micro were going to try and coast on the kinect and move for a whiles

kinglovejoy

May 21, 2009
New Smash Bros on WiiU/3DS. Luigi's Mansion 2 on 3DS. Link's Awakening available for download by tomorrow.

What's not to love? If SEGA shows something awesome for Shinobi and Sonic Generations I think I might cry.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
TheBlitz said:
Do we know what non-gaming capabilities the controller has itself? Is it literally just a controller or does it double up as a sort of organizer/web browser, too?

Controller streams everything from console. Its just a touchscreen basicly. But yes you can webbrowse on it, "even when someones watching tv" that was aparently a big deal. But you dont need a tv on to use/navigate with controller. You could also gesture and throw videos onto screen from controller. Looked pretty cool actually. Screen was very pretty.

littlewisp

Mar 25, 2010
Pingieking said:
Well, that's the million dollar question.
Wii U is coming next year, so I think we can assume it'll be Fall 2012 launch. That means just about every third part game they announced for launch day would already have been out on X360 and PS3 for a year
I'm thinking they announced that so people could understand the direction they're moving in. It doesn't make as big an impact if they just say these companies will be making games for it -- instead they were able to give some concrete examples. One can make the assumption that many new, more hardcore games will be on this new system that previously only went to 360 and ps3.

One can only think that as new, more core games are announced there's a strong possibility they'll be going to the WiiU too now.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Plinglebob said:
Eric Huntinton said:
But we KNOW that MS and Sony are already developing next gen consoles. MS has already publicly posted jobs for their next gen console. I think we'll see at least one of those two unveil their next gen system at E3 2012, and one of them will come onto the market by November 2013. By that time line, Nintendo will have a system that's more powerful than the MS/Sony system for one year, maybe two. The Wii U will directly compete with the current gen consoles, but is it going to compete with the next gen? Or will we have a repeat of the Wii's problem with the hardcore crowd and its inability to match the computing power of its direct competitors?

TheBlitz

Jun 6, 2011
Pingieking said:
The problem is, Why would you want to buy another current gen console to play the same games you already play on x360, ps3, even if its slightly upgraded, and most importantly, do you want to play those games on the most unconfortable looking controller ever instead of DS3/X360 controller ?
I've never held atablet for long periods of time that way, and never had to do anything that actually required dexterity and fast reaction time on a tablet. So I have no idea how MW3 or Battlefield 3 will work on something like that.[/quote]

Difficultly, I would imagine. Hopefully they will release a standard controller, similar to the NES classic controller. Maybe a Gamecube-esque controller?

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
bombadilillo said:
MetroidNut said:
I bonered too. A lot of people have complained, so I have to not look as tv to see this screen, whats the point? But this. Horror scenario you must choose to take your eyes off screen to see the movement tracker! also they could easily make it roate with controller!!!

So many possibilities.
Exactly! The tension of having to choose between getting a full picture of the situation by checking the motion tracker, or being able to respond to threats by looking at the screen. It would be awesome, and it would fit perfectly with some of the scenes from Aliens.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I felt it was pretty week over all, they had little to show for the Wii U other than promises that they will recapture the hardcore. The only games I'm significantly excited for are Kid Icuras and Skyward Sword, but little from those two were things that I hadn't already seen a year ago, nothing new to get excited about. On top of that I was just plain bored through most of the presentation.