Nintendo Encourages Plugging Pokemon Into the Internet

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
vxicepickxv said:
That just works so wll with your profile pic. It's kind of creepy.
...yes, that's the joke. Nice catch.

I don't give two flicks about Pokemon Black and White, but these features intrigue me. Can't Nintendo stop doing the Apple thing and be kind to their customers who don't want to buy the new version and system every half-year? I know they're still doing promotions with Heartgold/Soulsilver, but I'll bet on them closing that chapter before the end of this year and aggressively pushing something else.

Wow, that turned into a bit of a negative rant.

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
PrototypeC said:
vxicepickxv said:

I don't give two flicks about Pokemon Black and White, but these features intrigue me. Can't Nintendo stop doing the Apple thing and be kind to their customers who don't want to buy the new version and system every half-year? I know they're still doing promotions with Heartgold/Soulsilver, but I'll bet on them closing that chapter before the end of this year and aggressively pushing something else.

Well, that does seem true, but I like the fact that they brought the Johto League back into more of a modern time. That was always my favorite region. And Black and White is a whole new region with even more pokemon. I think that is a big jump compared to Apple thingies.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
It's official: Pokemon has taken over the world. I'll be in the bunker playing Super Mario World.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
LitleWaffle said:
PrototypeC said:
vxicepickxv said:

Well, that does seem true, but I like the fact that they brought the Johto League back into more of a modern time. That was always my favorite region. And Black and White is a whole new region with even more pokemon. I think that is a big jump compared to Apple thingies.
The only think I understand about that is bigger number of Pokemon. That's all I can understand out of that. I don't really speak the lingo.

Like I said before though, I really want the engine they're using, because it's very balanced.

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
lemiel14n3 said:
Well, I already knew I was going to buy this game when it was announced, Pokemon is a part of my childhood that has somehow managed to stick around. I'd be like they were announcing to make Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers again, sure it probably wouldn't be very good, but let's be honest the first one wasn't very good either, and I'd still watch it.
About MMPR, that thing is still going strong, I believe. As long as Japan keeps producing sentai stuff (probably until the end of time and beyond), MMPR producers will keep 'localizing' it.

lemiel14n3

happiness is a warm gun
Mar 18, 2010
Allan Foe said:
About MMPR, that thing is still going strong, I believe. As long as Japan keeps producing sentai stuff (probably until the end of time and beyond), MMPR producers will keep 'localizing' it.
Yes, but it's not mighty morphin power rangers. It doesn't have the same ridiculous premise of an evil witch trapped in a dumpster on the moon like ET the grouch, who can only be stopped by color-coded "teenagers with attitude" and their giant dinosaur robots. It doesn't have the giant head in a jar with a surprisingly deep voice and unspecified powers. It doesn't have the terrible voice over work where the actors shake their heads vigorously to indicate that they're the ones talking. It won't have the green ranger, the biggest bad-ass of the 90's And it doesn't have kimberly, my first sex-symbol.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
Hooking the games up to the Pokemon Global Link on a PC through the internet will enable all sorts of Poke-features.
Does this mean hooking up to a PC with a cable on my DS, or does this mean that I'll just be looking at stuff through an internet profile through their site?

Because that is the one thing I hate about the whole Wi-Fi capability only thing on the DS, I have never found a good Wi-Fi spot that wasn't in a crowded public area.

Brother has Wi-Fi in his apartment, but it says that the security system for it is not compatible with my DS.

I would much rather be able to hook my DS up to my computer so that I can use my cable internet, instead of making special trips to restaurants or bookstores so that I can take all of 5 to 10 minutes to do what I want.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
icyneesan said:
This is just another one of the reasons why I love the Pokemon games. Always something new in every installment. No idea why people complain about them.

Heres hoping that when Pokemon makes the jump to the 3DS that they include some sort of data to reality system that lets your Pokemon enter our world. So we can battle with them... yeah... no malicious intent here...
Mostly the reason people complain about it is that they see the game as meant for the 8-11 year old boy demographic, and ignore a lot of the subtleties that it has.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
fundayz said:
I don't understand why Nintendo won't just make a Pokemon MMO.
Because they're slowly building our hopes up with more steps towards a functioning MMO. It's only when they finally announce that they'll do the damn project to shut us up that the world will end...

... that will also be the same time when they announce Half-Life Episode 3. Just you wait and see.

OT: Seriously, it really is just another step towards my ideal game of a Pokemon MMO. I just wish they'd pick up the pace on that already.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Drentics said:
These games still sell? I didn't think children were even still interested Pokemon.
It's not just kids that play this game. Lots of adults play it competitively. Hell, I'm 21 and I still enjoy playing the games. (anime can go straight to hell though for all I care).

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
Drentics said:
These games still sell? I didn't think children were even still interested Pokemon.
One word: Japan.

It's still like late-90s America over here with their level of Pokemon obsession. You can't run and you can't hide from them. They're EVERYWHERE.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
fundayz said:
I don't understand why Nintendo won't just make a Pokemon MMO.
They had one. Nintendo shut them down because they didn't own it. It was pretty damn good too. For a Pokemon game.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
Brother has Wi-Fi in his apartment, but it says that the security system for it is not compatible with my DS.

I would much rather be able to hook my DS up to my computer so that I can use my cable internet, instead of making special trips to restaurants or bookstores so that I can take all of 5 to 10 minutes to do what I want.
If Nintendo has an gripe on reality then it would be likely that 3DS will be compatible with WPA..better yet, WPA2