Nintendo Fires Worker for Blogging

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Nintendo Fires Worker for Blogging

A Nintendo recruiter was fired for hosting a controversial personal blog.

On August 31, 23-year-old Jessica Zenner, a contractor for Parker Services who worked for Nintendo as a technical recruiter, was released from Nintendo after her bosses discovered her personal blog, Inexcusable Behavior [http://inexcusablebehavior.spaces.live.com/]. Although Zenner wrote under the surname "Jessica Carr" and unveiled the identity of her employer, her bosses were still able to find the site and identify Zenner from the pictures she had posted.

Zenner believes that comments related to unnamed coworkers caused her firing, despite her use of false names. In one post titled "The Daily Weed," Zenner describes the benefits of working for one of her bosses. "One plus about working with hormonal, facial-hair-growing, frumpy [woman] is that I have found a new excuse to drink heavily."

Now jobless and raising a child on the income from her husband in Iraq, Zenner sees her firing as a sign of the times. "Thank god one of us is working. Ten years ago, someone would never get fired for their blog. This is such a sign of the times."

Nintendo of America's Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Affairs Perrin Kaplan stated that blogging was not banned by the company but "we generally don't encourage them. [Zenner] was expressly discouraged from doing what she did. I've seen everything that she's written and it's really not work appropriate."

Source: The Stranger [http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=322407]

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
I can see the OP needing a bit of "edit"...

That said... what did she do? Badmouth coworkers?
That's the kind of stuff you better keep private, really.

On the other side of the fence, I'd rather hope the man found her blog by accident, instead of a result of his duty.

EDIT: from another website, (bit-tech.net), now the blog was supposedly called "The Daily Weed". I wonder what's the next name...

Proper text about her boss:

"One plus about working with [a] hormonal, facial-hair-growing, frumpy [woman] is that I have found a new excuse to drink heavily... My gut tells me that this woman hasn't been ****ed in years."

Yes, that's particularily stupid to put on a blog where your identity can be easily guessed.

Shane.Z

Sep 26, 2007
Redfeather said:
And another person learns the age old lesson, "You don't shit where you eat".
Here here! You'd think that an employee would know better, I mean, kids in grade school do that sort of shit with their teachers and get in hell for it, but your EMPLOYER?! I thought you had to have brains to be in the VG industry...guess not.

Sep 18, 2007
She should have left the pictures off the site :/ I had a company I worked for that specifically said we weren't allowed to talk about our job in any sort of a demeaning way. If we did and they found out, we would be fired.

mjkeller

Jul 16, 2007
Reading her blog.. She's a pretentions b**ch.. Of course, that's what many personal bloggers are like in my opinion. You have to be pretty blind to not know you will get canned for talking about work happenings on a public blog..
Kids these days..