Nintendo Gives Hope For Future Earthbound Titles

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
Somewhere Reggie Fils-Aime is laughing his head off

"Mother? In America again? SURELY YOU JEST!"

:(

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Don't tease me bro. I just played the translated Mother 3 last month and I goddamn cried like 3 times throughout that *****. I've never been moved by a game like that before.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Why is this news? It doesn't matter anywhere other than Japan, and I'm sure they already have this news covered there quite nicely.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
Oooh, I really hope. I loved Earthbound. And I honestly never looked into the story behind it... I always secretly thought of it as an experiment, as though someone were trying to make an RPG via the Mario "oddball reality" formula. Almost like someone designed a by-the-numbers fun RPG, and then replaced all of the formula's elements with random tidbits (replace swords with bats, etc.).

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Honestly, I don't think I'd much care for an Earthbound that didn't have Itoi at the helm. His touches were a big part of what made it great.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I'm an Earthbound fan, and I know there'll never be another Eartbound game. *Sigh* You people can't take it, can you? You can't simply let something die in peace, can you? You can't accept that you're beloved 16-bit series has to end.

Mother 3 stopped the story with the scene of the Earth shattering. What would bring the Earth back together in Mo4? Super glue and duct tape?
As if, and you people "do" realise that Mother is a Japan Exclusive series, do you? 1, and 3 were only released in Japan, even the 2nd American had alot of stuff cut out of it. You naked bum scene *Shiver*, a few of the names, and I think a monster was either removed/changed.

That's it. Mother has ended, people who still bed for Mo4 obviously didn't beat Mo3, or haven't realised what happened to Monkey Island when it was Re-Birthed by the new devs, infact, in Europe and America it died before it's first installment. I'm suprised someone even asked Itoi.

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
The US has been JRPG friendly for awhile now and Mother is one of the staples of our love for it, we are more than due for a new Mother game or at the very least some official localizations already. Though the unofficial translation of Mother 3 was a great work and a great game to play.