Nintendo has Announced More Switch Launch Titles

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Nintendo has Announced More Switch Launch Titles

Shovel Knight, Fast RMX join the Switch's launch line-up.

With just over one week to launch, Nintendo has revealed more titles that will be available on the Switch console when it releases. In a press release today, Nintendo announced that Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, the expansion Specter of Torment, and Fast RMX will all be available on March 3.

From the press release:

FAST RMX from Shin'en Multimedia: Challenge your friends to local split-screen competition or take part in online races against players from all over the world. This lightning-fast anti-gravity racer is exclusive to Nintendo Switch.

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment from Yacht Club Games: The latest DLC for the critically acclaimed hit Shovel Knight is a full-featured game starring Specter Knight, one of the enemies from the original game. The massive campaign includes even more content than the last DLC, Plague of Shadows. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is exclusive to Nintendo Switch for a limited time.

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove from Yacht Club Games: For Shovel Knight's biggest fans, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove includes the original Shovel Knight game, as well as all previously released DLC - even Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment! Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be exclusive to Nintendo Switch for a limited time.
In addition, Nintendo revealed that more than 60 indie games will be available on the Nintendo eShop this year. Nintendo will be showcasing some of these games on February 28 at 9am PT here [http://live.nintendo.com/].

[gallery=6972]

In other Switch news, Nintendo also revealed today [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169625-Nintendo-Confirms-Switch-Wont-Have-Virtual-Console-at-Launch#&gid=gallery_6971&pid=1] that there will be no Virtual Console available at launch and that a system update will be necessary on launch day in order to access Nintendo's eShop. The update "downloads in the background, is designed to install quickly and doesn't disrupt gameplay."

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Well I haven't played Shovel Knight yet... I really wonder how I never got around to buying that game, but now I will! I promise!

The racing game seems kinda fun, and if it isn't priced too high, it might be a purchase for me at some point.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Now, it's all nice that they are announcing all sorts of games that you can play on that console.
However it would also be nice if there is a decent supply of those consoles, so that we can actually play those games on it when they launch.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Guffe said:
The racing game seems kinda fun, and if it isn't priced too high, it might be a purchase for me at some point.
It's a total blast on Wii U. I've had plenty of fun with it, so I plan on getting the game for Switch. Having all of the extra content right out of the gate is gonna be awesome

DaCosta

Aug 11, 2016
I had no idea that Specter of Torment was coming out so soon. I feel like Plague of Shadows had more buzz heading into release. Not that it matters since they paid for it to be a timed exclusive anyway and it won't come to PC for while. Besides, this March I'll be busy playing Zelda anyway (on Wii U).

Arfreid

Aug 13, 2009
Sounds nice, however, I am only buying a Switch at launch because of Zelda, I will gladly buy more games after I am done with it.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Switch has more than twice as many confirmed launch titles as SNES did, so it should be twice as successful, right? Then again, Wii U had nearly seven times as many launch titles as SNES.

I'm starting to think launch lineup isn't a significant factor in a console's success.

P.S. Thanks

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Indie games that you can get cheaper on PC, or your smart device. I'd be more impressed if they get got more Triple A titles on it.

senaji

Sep 28, 2014
For me the console has a big potential and offers what no console does. Especially that they put good games this time, not like at the time of the wiiU.