Nintendo is Filing Copyright Claims on Mario Minecraft Videos

Adam3s

Jul 17, 2014
Do Nintendo even have a copyright claim here?

It's Microsoft who own Minecraft after all. Wouldn't this be like Disney making a copyright claim against a clip of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? that contained Bugs Bunny?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Nintendo, what the hell? I know you and the internet have something of a love-hate relationship, but come right the hell on. With as much of a constant thing this is with you, I'd cut you guys out completely if it wasn't for Pokemon.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Nintendo really needs a good kick in the ass. I expect them to reach Konami levels one day (and soon) because too many people still tolerate too much corporate bullshit.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
You can't be the face of games as mechanics based fun and then tell everyone to shut up and enjoy it in private, this is going to continue to harm your reputation good games or good consoles be damned.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Nazulu said:
Nintendo really needs a good kick in the ass. I expect them to reach Konami levels one day (and soon) because too many people still tolerate too much corporate bullshit.
Yea im kinda hoping Microsoft gives them the corporate equivalent of a kick in there ass over the bad publicity to hit there billion dollar baby.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Chaosian said:
Why do people like Nintendo again? Why were people sad when it was starting to look grim?
If Konami has shown us anything, your history doesn't mean shit for what a company is today.
All i got is Xenoblade Chronicles coming to the west and House of the Dead Overkill not being censored...

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Does this mean SethBling has to change his Minecraft skin, now? His popularity obviously came from his use of Mario's likeness!

Gmod idiot box dramatisation:

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
Blazing Hero said:
Boy Nintendo has decided to blow all their fans goodwill over the past year. Censorship, copyright strikes, region locking and poor translation for localization. Talk about being a company that is easy to hate. Seriously, they are making me start to dislike them more than Konami and that is a massive feat.
The sooner you realize Kimishima is a traditional Japanocorp Exec the easier it will be to accept changes.

You have to understand Nintendo is pro Big Corp? Their favored fan is the one whole blindly spends. Not the conscientious consumer who doesnt buy a game because they are at odds with the media giants that keep Nintendo relevant.

With their PR being split between the directs and Old money game journalists who has a lot of issues with the average Japanophile gamer who wants the full panty quest package and has taken a dump om them. This is why the Vita failed and is viewed as an example of what would happen if Nintendo takes this path with its Japanese games. The otaku audience is toxic to their journalist connections. Bad scores means no bonuses and no bonuses means potential departures and layoffs.

And ypu think Nintendo is strict with copyright should look at Japanese Media in general. The market is so focused on physical that some big music labels literally dont have a youtube accpunt to sell their products. That company is called Johnny and Associates aka the comapny that gave us Arashi and Japan's sole source of boy bands and teenage hearthrobs. If anything their tactics is similar to AKB48. To Nintendo Youtube is a denied sale for every viewer since they are not actually buying their products. Like it or not but Nintendo is merely amother cog in the JapanoCorp machine cult.

Hopefully this gives you a good idea of how Nintendo thinks and makes acceptance of the recent actions easier to deal with

Vanilla ISIS said:
I don't think that Nintendo knows how advertising works in 2016.
THE FANS WILL DO THE ADVERTISING FOR YOU IF THEY LIKE THE PRODUCT!!!
Almost everyone knows that.
Marvel, for example, thrives on the online support of the fans.
Not Nintendo though, they're going their own way.

#NGTOW
Nintendo know how it works. But they got big corps to do it for them. What noise we make is puny compared to the mediaa hype machine of old journalism

If IGN, GS and metacritic dies suddenly maybe they will listen to fan marketing but why fix a system that isnt broke?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Complaining about anyone showing off their Mario stuff on Minecraft is like complaining about anybody's homage to ANYTHING on Minecraft: A pointless and ridiculous time-wasting exercise, and the Creepers blow it all up anyway. What a bunch of idiots.

Oooh, what's next? Are the owners of Fallout gonna send me a cease-and-desist on my Enclave avatar?

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Complaining about anyone showing off their Mario stuff on Minecraft is like complaining about anybody's homage to ANYTHING on Minecraft: A pointless and ridiculous time-wasting exercise, and the Creepers blow it all up anyway. What a bunch of idiots.

Oooh, what's next? Are the owners of Fallout gonna send me a cease-and-desist on my Enclave avatar?
They are not a Japanocorp. You dont need to worry about them.