Nintendo is Showing Off Three New Trailers for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Nintendo is Showing Off Three New Trailers for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Three new trailers for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild have rolled out, each showing off a different facet of gameplay.

Nintendo apparently isn't content with just showing off the new NX [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168660-Nintendo-NX-Reveal] today. They're also showing off one of the most anticipated games coming to the new consoles as well.

There are three new trailers for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, each showing off different features of the upcoming game. They cover exploration of the game's open world, combat and hunting mechanics, and the dynamic weather system. The trailers popped up on Nintendo's Japanese YouTube channel.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be released for NX and Wii U in 2017.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
That looks beautiful. I absolutely love how videogame-y it all looks. First, you're realistically chopping down trees. Next, you chop that fallen tree right into a tied pile of sticks. Traversing the world looks like it could be fun too.

But it also looks really, really empty. I wonder how they are going to deal with that.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
By the way, NX trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

Not what I was expecting. Not sure how to feel about this yet. Hyped for Zelda, nothing changed there.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
So far this game is confirming the fact that everything is barren in the sense of "Where are all the settlements/towns/villages that have people to inteact with a stores to shop in?"

Seriously its as if Zelda is trying to be Shadow of the Colossus with this one.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It all still looks very empty. It looks great, and I'm sure it'll be fun, but in the open-world saturated industry we're currently living in can't help but gasp a sigh of exhaustion at the prospect of yet another open-world game. I feel Nintendo might be a good couple of years too late with this Zelda. Back in 2010 maybe, but now... ugh.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
I really really hope they don't fall into the Skyrim trap of massive world, almost zero story.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
It has a very Shadow of the Colossus vibe to it. Frame rate on the small screen looked pretty choppy though.