Nintendo: No More Switch Info Regarding Titles, Spec, Region Lock This Year

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Karadalis said:
To me it seems that their hardware specs are rather weak (what can you expect from a tablet?)
Depends on the tablet, Microsoft have been sticking dual core i7's in the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book devices with up to a terabyte of storage and RAM options up to 16GB. The sticking point is heat being generated and disposed of.

In fact it's a little difficult tracking down exactly what CPU is in the WiiU; according to Wikipedia it's called an Espresso, was developed by IBM and the PCB itself contains both CPU and an AMD GPU. So yeah, depending on how big the make the tablet portion of the Switch, lets charitably say the size of a 1st Gen iPad or something, then I suspect you can get some respectable hardware in there that will be capable of playing the games Nintendo intend to make. How this measures up for 3rd parties is another story.

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
On the contrary this is the best way to keep the hype up. Nothing kills hype more than hard facts. Vague rumors , assertations an d leaks keep hype going. IT's kind of clear that Nintendo does not want people buying this based on rational evaluation. As for what games. There's gonna be a mario game and a zelda game and brawl game. THere will also be pokemon games.

Nintendo's actually back themselves into a corner with this. I just wanna say, Nintendo. Maybe you should follow sega's lead and get out of the hardware business. YOu have a console you can play mbile style... so you've more or less cannibalized the gameboy market. NO wonder your stocks took a dive. YOu're having people use this in exactly the scame scenarios they'd use a gameboy. So.. what's the bloody point of the gameboy anymore.

Kudos for trying to merge your handgheld and console market, but understand you've more or less robbed peter to pay paul.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Dreiko said:
DS was region free so that isn't it. Even on the 3ds you can play Japanese DS games fine. At some point they returned to their old ways for some reason.
Really!? I have to import Ouendan 2!

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Kibeth41 said:
Yopaz said:
Kibeth41 said:
Yopaz said:
OT: After poor communication concerning the Wii U we have learned from our mistakes and decide no communication around the Switch. Buy our console, please.
Their communication is already miles better than it was with the Wii U.

Considering we actually know it's a console from the announcement.
Those who cared knew that with the Wii U too and setting the Wii U as the relative isn't really useful. It's coming in half a year according to what I have understood. Which might not be correct, I have yet to hear something other than March 2017. Excuse me, but I don't really want to trust vague information. When they give a concrete date, when they confirm any kind of details I will be waiting. Now I am speaking as someone who has owned most of their consoles since they released the NES (never got a Virtual Boy), not someone who's just hating Nintendo for being Nintendo. I want them to not fuck this up.
Wow. Was that honestly a point worth contradicting? I jokingly stated that the information given has still been far more than what was announced for the Wii U. Nothing more. Calm your tits.

The Wii U announcement was renown for being terrible. They never even showed the actual console. They literally only announced a controller. Only those who made a real effort to search for further information from footage of the E3 floor (or waited) found out that it was an independent console.
I went looking for Wii U announcement videos and fair enough, I saw one video which kept referring to "The new controller", which is really, really terrible. You are right. However with the Wii U they announced the console a year and a half ahead, the Switch is supposed to come in about half a year? They haven't given a release date so that's not good. This close to the launch they can't afford to be tight-lipped.

Dreiko said:
DS was region free so that isn't it. Even on the 3ds you can play Japanese DS games fine. At some point they returned to their old ways for some reason.
They decided to go with region locking because of the strong yen if I remember correctly. At time of development it was possible to import games and save money. I hope they won't do region locking.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
*Shrug* and the 3ds is weaker than the Vita. Would I like to know more? Sure, but given that the only system Nintendo's made that was just bad was the virtual boy, I'm willing to give the Switch a shot unless it breaks the bank.

Otherwise I just know I'm going to miss out on some future star and end up having to pay through the nose for an aftermarket copy in a decade. Again.

Gotta keep an open mind.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
-Dragmire- said:
Dreiko said:
Really!? I have to import Ouendan 2!
And jump ultimate stars, godlike game that one.