Nintendo pulling some hostage bullshit.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
CaitSeith said:
RaikuFA said:
Ok, here's my issue, what number does it need to make? I have no issue that it won't sell. But if they expect it to surpass Mario or Zelda, they're out of their fucking minds. What's it to be the best selling game that month making at least six digit sales and it's still not enough.

We had this before, with Seth from Capcom saying they'll localize AAI2 if someone won EVO using Phoenix Wright. Or when Square said if you wanted the 3DS Dragon Quest games, you'd better buy the Warriors spinoff on PS4. They still made Nintendo foot the bill. And this was after that whole Bravely Default thing happen.

How about instead of putting pressure on the fans, make new ones? Put up some ads on tv. If you can do it for Fire Emblem and save that franchise, why not make a TV commercial? Put it up on comedy central or CN/Nick if its ESRB is an E?
Don't think their announcement was to put pressure on their fans.
It sounded like it to me. At least they didn't say it with Federation Force.

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
RaikuFA said:
How many sales are needed? Whatever the cost of development was and extra. A 2.5D Metroid game on the 3DS. I suspect it?ll be $30-40 million USD total, which means at the highest cost the game would need to sell 700,000 to cover all costs (This is at $60 USD per game). 1.5 million to be considered a success.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
RaikuFA said:
But if they expect it to surpass Mario or Zelda, they're out of their fucking minds.
if you actually think that's the kind of numbers they expect Metroid to sell then you must be completely out of your mind too.

where they have ever given ANY indication that they expect it to outsell mario or zelda? just because they want Metroid to sell well doesn't mean that they expect it to outsell mario or zelda. AT ALL.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
InsanityRequiem said:
Not just that, but seem to have lost intelligence completely. Business does business practice that happens all over the world and said practice has exists for decades if not hundreds of years? Other business do it and everything is fine, Nintendo does it, Nintendo is awful and horrible and worst company ever and deserves death! It?s mind boggling how people?s hatred makes them forget the most basic, learn as a kid, business practices.
Nintendo tends to be better about it than most companies. They have their big, tentpole releases like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash Bros., etc but because they're structured a lot more efficiently than 90% of the gaming industry they can also do prestige titles like Xenoblade or Metroid and experimental titles like Arms and Pikmin without needing a huge amount of sales in order to justify sequels. Nintendo might put stuff on ice for awhile, but they go back to titles eventually if they feel they can do something new, like how they brought back Kid Icarus and Donkey Kong Country. It's how they've been able to build up such a gigantic stable of franchises that put other companies to shame