Nintendo Responsible for 99 Percent Of Industry Growth In 2008

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Jumplion said:
God damnit, you are a sneaky bastard aren't you?

Well played man, well played.

I have been owned.
Oh yes, you know you're a 'sneaky bastard' when your parents tell you that you were blessed (or cursed, in their case) with selective hearing... heh.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Jumplion said:
stompy said:
Jumplion said:
So? Back when the Gamecube and Xbox were still supported, were Sony yelling at the top of their lungs "WE'RE RULING 99% OF EVERYTHING!!!"? (well, maybe if you count the whole "Sony saying the Console-war ended in 2005" or something, but I have no idea what they mean by that).
I was under the impression that's how Sony entered this generation, what with the really large price tag for the PS3, and, if I remember correctly, "People will buy the PS3 because it's Sony" (of course, I may be wrong).

That said, statistics are easy to manipulate, and I really don't care how well Nintendo (or Sony or Microsoft, for that matter) are doing, as long as they aren't about to go broke, but most importantly, as long as they produce games I like.
Hey, if you sold the world's most successful console, wouldn't you get a little bit cocky?

But I see your point, but Sony (as evily evil they are) never yelled to the world "WE'RE 99% OF EVERYTHING BITCHES!". This's what pisses me off about Nintendo, they get away with so much just because Shiggy "saved gaming". "Oh I'll let this pass" how many times will you let Nintendo off the hook?!?!?

BAH! I'm rambling.
But Kaz Hirai did say at E3 2002 "The Console War is Over" with the utmost confidence after pointing out how dominant the PS2 was. And here I was thinking he waited until 2005 to say it.

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/specials/special.pl?spec=tsotg&pagenum=1

oh and here he is at E3 2006,

"The next generation doesn't start until we[Sony] say it does." (this, despite the 360 already being on shelves)

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/08/technology/ps3_pricing/index.htm

So there you have it. They have indeed said, in not as many words, what you are now angry at Nintendo for saying. Despite the fact nobody in that article that said anything was from Nintendo.

Feel free to show me Reggie pulling a Hirai and saying "The Console War is Over, Bitches", though.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
AceDiamond said:
Jumplion said:
stompy said:
Jumplion said:
So? Back when the Gamecube and Xbox were still supported, were Sony yelling at the top of their lungs "WE'RE RULING 99% OF EVERYTHING!!!"? (well, maybe if you count the whole "Sony saying the Console-war ended in 2005" or something, but I have no idea what they mean by that).
I was under the impression that's how Sony entered this generation, what with the really large price tag for the PS3, and, if I remember correctly, "People will buy the PS3 because it's Sony" (of course, I may be wrong).

That said, statistics are easy to manipulate, and I really don't care how well Nintendo (or Sony or Microsoft, for that matter) are doing, as long as they aren't about to go broke, but most importantly, as long as they produce games I like.
Hey, if you sold the world's most successful console, wouldn't you get a little bit cocky?

But I see your point, but Sony (as evily evil they are) never yelled to the world "WE'RE 99% OF EVERYTHING BITCHES!". This's what pisses me off about Nintendo, they get away with so much just because Shiggy "saved gaming". "Oh I'll let this pass" how many times will you let Nintendo off the hook?!?!?

BAH! I'm rambling.
But Kaz Hirai did say at E3 2002 "The Console War is Over" with the utmost confidence after pointing out how dominant the PS2 was. And here I was thinking he waited until 2005 to say it.

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/specials/special.pl?spec=tsotg&pagenum=1

oh and here he is at E3 2006

"The next generation doesn't start until we[Sony] say it does."

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/08/technology/ps3_pricing/index.htm

So there you have it. They have indeed said, in not as many words, what you are now angry at Nintendo for saying.
Okay, this is really freaking me out. Every time you quote me it just says "
" in my inbox. Are....are you cursed?

And how dare you defy my statements with logical links! Though that does finally show me why everyone was saying that. I've been owned once today already, spare me please!

EDIT: I know it's pointless to debate this, but when were the Gamecube and Xbox discontinued? I'm just curious.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Jumplion said:
Fronken said:
Jumplion said:
It's extremely narcissistic to say that they're ruling the world when the other two consoles are still doing fine if not selling as well as the Wii.
Thats the thing, they arent even close, the Wii has been outselling the ps3 and 360 COMBINED.

As long as the Ps3 and 360 are supported, Nintendo should not claim that they are 99% the source of everything especially when many people are still disappointed with what Nintendo is doing and/or are disappointed with the Wii itself (myself included).
I do agree there arent many good titles on the Wii so far, its pretty much Mario Galaxy and Virtual Console that's good, atleast for me, but that doesnt change the fact that they are actually dominating the market when it comes to sale like no other seen before it, every generation has had a winner in sales, but this is the gaming gen that has seen the biggest difference in units sold, heck, Wii Sports even knocked Super Mario Brothers from the nr. 1 spot in units sold ever (which i do think is bullshit seeing as Wii Sports aint even a game, its a simulator).

So when it comes to sales, Nintendo has every single right to brag seeing as they've broken all the records pretty much.

Say what you want against the Wii, there are alot of people who hate it and bash it for its last-gen graphics and small library of good games, but you cant deny its success over the world.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Danzorz said:
Jumplion said:
Well, so much for Nintendo showing humility? I mean, sure they're dominating, no denying that, but that doesn't mean they can be assholes about it...right?
While it is ok to gloat a bit when you are out in-front but let it be known that a wise man [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Ultrajoe] said "Those who are on the highest horse will always fall the furthest".

The second Wii's sales slip people will jump on them and laugh within ten seconds of the news being released, the more you gloat, the more you have to lose
Sadly, I might be one of them. But maybe It'll be more of a soft chuckle instead of a "NANANANAHAHANAHANA!!! YOU SUCK!" kind of laugh.

Lt. Sera

Apr 22, 2008
Heh, I guess this is in response to Sony claiming to be the best choice out there with that silly table they put out. Anywho, props to Nintendo for becoming such a powerhouse, now to hope it won't go to their heads.
If they keep putting stuff like this out there they become Sony, which would be a shame.