Nintendo Switch Accessories List Shows a Bit More of The Console

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Nintendo Switch Accessories List Shows a Bit More of The Console

Third party perhiphreal maker Hori has had multiple Nintendo Switch accessories leaked, including a JoyCon charger, a fight stick, and a game cartridge holder.

Hori is a pretty big name perhiphreal maker for all of the major consoles, and it of course has a full suite of accessories ready-to-go alongside the Nintendo Switch's launch in March. Twitter user DroidXAce [https://twitter.com/DroidXAce/status/818935085026148352] has somehow gotten his hand on some images of these photos, which give us a few more hints and glimpses into exactly how the Switch may function.

Check out some of the more interesting accessories below:

[gallery=6785]

Most noteworthy of these may be a 150 Euro (about $158) arcade stick, suggesting that a big-name fighting game (perhaps Street Fighter V?) will be launching alongside the unit. We can also see plenty of "officially liscence" Zelda: Breath of The Wild accessories, and some cartridge holders that give us a bit of a sense on how big the unit's cartridges are (looks like they will be about the size of 3DS carts).

Nintendo will give more details on the system at a special presentation this Friday [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169201-Nintendo-Switch-Event-Scheduled-for-Friday-January-13#&gid=gallery_6761&pid=1].

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/DroidXAce/status/818935085026148352]

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
That's a real controller. With a cable.

On the one hand, yay! A real controller!

On the other hand, sold separately.

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
crimson5pheonix said:

Chances are, other Nintendo controllers will be supported as well. I'll be fine as long as the Wii U Pro is.

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
I love how the "Hori Pad" is shaped like an Xbox controller and is listed as "For SERIOUS games".

I don't know how I feel about the Nintendo Switch. Once upon a time, Nintendo ruled the world of video games and everyone had to follow their lead. Now, it's Nintendo that has to play catch up.

I didn't grow up with a lot of Nintendo, so I don't quite know what was or wasn't 'lost' in the process. I don't know if Nintendo's diminishing influence/aesthetic is good or bad for the industry.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Fulbert said:
Damir Halilovic said:
Why does it need a third party LAN adapter?
Probably because it has no ethernet port. Neither did Wii and Wii U, actually.
Exactly. Yet again Nintendo aren't going to take online seriously and this will keep the third party developers away; especially if the console is yet again low spec compared to thee PS4 and Xbone.

VG_Addict

Jul 16, 2013
What's wrong with no Ethernet?

Also, looks like the Switch will have fightsticks. Does this mean it'll get fighting games?

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
VG_Addict said:

Also, looks like the Switch will have fightsticks. Does this mean it'll get fighting games?
without ethernet connection speeds will vary greatly, given this is a portable machine though I guess it sort of makes sense...
the fightstick though, I dunno, Smash is best played with a controller what other games are coming for Switch that would require a fight stick?

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
VG_Addict said:

Somehow. I doubt it. Well not countingSmash Bros.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
karloss01 said:
Fulbert said:
Damir Halilovic said:
Exactly. Yet again Nintendo aren't going to take online seriously and this will keep the third party developers away; especially if the console is yet again low spec compared to thee PS4 and Xbone.
Would not having an ethernet port really be that much of a repellent to third parties?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
marioandsonic said:
karloss01 said:
Fulbert said:
Damir Halilovic said:
Would not having an ethernet port really be that much of a repellent to third parties?
Yeah, gotta say, that's kinda stretching the argument a little. I've never heard a developer say "Blimey, NO Ethernet port? We will not support this company!"

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
crimson5pheonix said:

On a similar note:

That looks like an ethernet port!

Sold seperately....

The fuck Nintendo!?

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
The White Hunter said:
On a similar note:

Sold seperately....

The fuck Nintendo!?
why not ? seriously, all my consoles, laptop and tablet use the wifi. why i should bother trying to get ethernet cables to my tv ? the wii had only wifi and wiiu had only wifi, and nobody complained. it's pretty ridiculous to see people complaining about that

Burnouts3s3 said:
I love how the "Hori Pad" is shaped like an Xbox controller and is listed as "For SERIOUS games".
which make no sense as a phrase. they should have said : pour les jeux serieux. what's that half french half english description ?

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Elvis Starburst said:
marioandsonic said:
karloss01 said:
Fulbert said:
Damir Halilovic said:
Yeah, gotta say, that's kinda stretching the argument a little. I've never heard a developer say "Blimey, NO Ethernet port? We will not support this company!"
cathou said:
The White Hunter said:
On a similar note:

Sold seperately....

The fuck Nintendo!?
why not ? seriously, all my consoles, laptop and tablet use the wifi. why i should bother trying to get ethernet cables to my tv ? the wii had only wifi and wiiu had only wifi, and nobody complained. it's pretty ridiculous to see people complaining about that
You're looking at it the wrong way. Why do you think PS4,Xbone and the majority of pre-built PCs have an Ethernet port? Because wireless isn't reliable and can be hampered by a number of factors. For example wireless (and phone signals) are impossible in my house because of the old stonework walls it has to get through; The wireless has to get through four solid walls and reach the other side of the house which gives me about a %30 signal. And I can bet a lot of houses (in the UK) have that issue as well.

It didn't Matter on the Wii because online was an afterthought and most that bought it wanted it for fitness purposes.
The Wii U didn't matter because no one bought through a mix of mistaken identity (People still think it's a Wii add-on), poor marketing and a now half-arsed attempt at a Online presence that pales in comparison with the competition.

It only matters now because with everyone seeing Skyrim in the trailer (but not actually a confirmed game for the console? The fuck Nintendo/Bethesda?) they all assume the Switch is actually going to be graphically competent and in line with the PS4/Xbone. Online is big these days and if they can't even be bothered to put an Ethernet port on the console then how much effort will they put into their online service?

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
karloss01 said:
You're looking at it the wrong way. Why do you think PS4,Xbone and the majority of pre-built PCs have an Ethernet port? Because wireless isn't reliable and can be hampered by a number of factors. For example wireless (and phone signals) are impossible in my house because of the old stonework walls it has to get through; The wireless has to get through four solid walls and reach the other side of the house which gives me about a %30 signal. And I can bet a lot of houses (in the UK) have that issue as well.

It didn't Matter on the Wii because online was an afterthought and most that bought it wanted it for fitness purposes.
The Wii U didn't matter because no one bought through a mix of mistaken identity (People still think it's a Wii add-on), poor marketing and a now half-arsed attempt at a Online presence that pales in comparison with the competition.

It only matters now because with everyone seeing Skyrim in the trailer (but not actually a confirmed game for the console? The fuck Nintendo/Bethesda?) they all assume the Switch is actually going to be graphically competent and in line with the PS4/Xbone. Online is big these days and if they can't even be bothered to put an Ethernet port on the console then how much effort will they put into their online service?
you seems to have a very reliable, fast and cheap internet access. good for you ! the rest of the world is not necessary in your case. in canada, i pay 60$ per month for a 25 mbps access with 100gb bandwith per month. and it's a fast internet. my wifi support the full speed of my internet connexion, and every single console i have is wifi, and work nicely. most of the people i know use the wifi for their as well.

plus in north america, stonework wall is exceptional. most of our house are wood with drywall sheet over it. the wifi goes through very easily.