Nintendo Switch Event Scheduled for Friday, January 13

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Nintendo Switch Event Scheduled for Friday, January 13

Nintendo has locked down the date and time for its full reveal of the Nintendo Switch.

There has been a ton of speculation surrounding Nintendo's newest console, the Nintendo Switch. We've heard that it's GPU and CPU speeds might not be what we expect [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169051-Nintendo-Switch-Less-Powerful-Than-PS4]. But all the speculations and rumors will be put to rest soon, as Nintendo has finally announced a date and time for its official Switch reveal broadcast.

Over on its official Twitter account, the company made it known that we'll get an in-depth look at the Switch and its games on Friday, January 13 at 9:30 AM ET in a Treehouse Live broadcast.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/817068160981618697]

You'll be able to tune in on either Nintendo's Twitch Channel [https://www.youtube.com/nintendo] to watch all the information be revealed. Of course, we'll bring you the news as well.

This is the event that we've been waiting for since late October [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168667-Nintendo-Switch-Wont-Get-Any-More-Info-On-Titles-Spec-Region-Lock], and hopefully it will answer a lot of the questions still floating around about Nintendo's newest console, like how much the thing will cost. It will hopefully also nail down which third party games we can expect to see on the Switch at launch.

We'll find out for sure next week.

[gallery=6761]

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I really hope it's AT LEAST as powerful as the current gen, or it's DOA for basically every damn 3rd Party out there.

I mean, why waste time porting a shitty version of your game to a console?

I think it's kind of sad that Nintendo has too much money so they can afford to fuck up things over and over again.

Having a gun to your head may not be nice, but it does motivate.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Tanis said:
I really hope it's AT LEAST as powerful as the current gen, or it's DOA for basically every damn 3rd Party out there.

I think it's kind of sad that Nintendo has too much money so they can afford to fuck up things over and over again.

Maybe they'll float on 3DS ports provided developers work around the lack of a second screen.

[small]Side note: Damn picture viewer, leave my left and right arrow keys alone![/small]

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
@-Dragmire-:
It wouldn't be THAT hard, I mean...DS on PC doesn't have two actual screens.

I doubt it would be THAT hard to split the screen, like an older MP games, while using one of the sticks as the touch party.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I see the Switch's controls, and keep asking "Did they design that thing for a toddler?" And by the way, what could they possibly tell us that hasn't been "leaked" already? Additional, really, Friday the 13th? Doesn't Japan have some weird phobia about that number?

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
008Zulu said:
I see the Switch's controls, and keep asking "Did they design that thing for a toddler?"
I see every Nintendo controller ever and keep asking "Did they design that thing for a toddler?"
I honestly like Switch's controller the most out of all Nintendo consoles.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
mysecondlife said:
I have pretty big hands, so I hope the stand alone controller they are releasing is adult sized.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
008Zulu said:
mysecondlife said:
I have pretty big hands, so I hope the stand alone controller they are releasing is adult sized.
I'd imagine it'd be like holding a slightly larger PS Vita.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
008Zulu said:
I see the Switch's controls, and keep asking "Did they design that thing for a toddler?" And by the way, what could they possibly tell us that hasn't been "leaked" already? Additional, really, Friday the 13th? Doesn't Japan have some weird phobia about that number?
Atleast partially, yeah, probably. The Wii U gamepad was definatly made knowing young kids would use it...and drop it...alot. Nintendo should teach Apple how to make things to last.

And -we- have issues with 13. They dont like 4.

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
Tanis said:

It won't be, it can't be. Not with the mobile functionality.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Good times. I am fully preparing for the message board posts from people who will whinge about how terrible it is for all eternity but yet still claim they were never interested in it. This is what I call the "Tsundere Effect."

Zendariel

May 15, 2012
008Zulu said:
From what I've heard japanese mainly fear the numbers 4 and 7, pronounced shi and shichi. Shi also means death. I don't know the origin of those pronounciations but the numbers also have alternate ones, yon and nana that are used when talking bigger numbers.

As for the controller it looks like it would probably take a little getting used to. Especially when using one of the parts as a local multiplayer controller. I'm intrigued about the dual controller aspect though.