Nintendo Switch is a Gimmick That Works

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Nintendo Switch is a Gimmick That Works

The Nintendo Wii set the bar for gaming consoles, and while the Switch doesn't quite hit those popularity levels, it's still a superior gaming platform.

Read Full Article

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I have a Switch and I like it.

The complaint I might have is my original left joycon sync issue when it gets too far away from the console, which isn't too far away. This issue Nintendo fixes for free if I'd get my lazy bum up and send them the joycon, so positive customer service in that regard.

Otherwise I enjoy the thing a lot and use it a lot. The other thing which people seemed to worry about was the 3 hour batterylife on HD games, I very seldom play games for that long in one run so I've never run out of battery, yet.

It is nice to see someone had a, slightly, negative or reserved view on something but after trying the thing, in this case the Switch, can say that they were wrong. Too few people admit they were wrong, even if only a little, these days.
Hope you continue to enjoy the console, if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to Splat00ning now :D

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Portable AAA gaming is a really great idea but the system is heavily underpowered (once again) leading to devs not wanting to touch it. Leading to it not having very many games leading to it being an underused gimmick once again.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Arnoxthe1 said:
Portable AAA gaming is a really great idea but the system is heavily underpowered (once again) leading to devs not wanting to touch it. Leading to it not having very many games leading to it being an underused gimmick once again.
I think this TC may have had it backward. Our phones are portable (confession: I have and love my Vita). I love my Wii U for other reasons. So I don't NEED the Switch. What will really matter: when it has games that make it worth picking up vs. Wii U. I've held off on getting Zelda BOTW for Wii U in case I do even end up getting one of these switches.

We'll see if they solve the shortage problem.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Major_Tom said:
But it still fails as a switch. It doesn't even have any Ethernet ports!
*crickets chirping*

OT; Nintendo seem to be all about gimmicks these days. Like, they are trying to hide that they don't really know what to do in today's modern gaming world.