Nintendo Turns Touch Screen Into Steering Wheel

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
No...i'm sorry this is just an abomination to the D-Pad pure and simple. They should stick to what's worked for them for years and years.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
This just in: "Nintendo wants to use DSi touch screen like DSi touch screen"

next they're going to file a patent that will allow the Wii remote's actions be represented in Wii games.

Sabretoothpanda

Jul 20, 2009
llafnwod said:
Is it just me, or does the wheel in that patent drawing take up a ridiculous proportion of the screen?
Yeah, and you hand will take up the rest. Good thing the DS has two screens.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
RvLeshrac said:
Cloudwolf616 said:
if ridge racer havent than ya sure they can.
Since it has to be nonobvious/original, and since prior art precludes it being nonobvious/original, no, they can't. They'll likely be granted the patent anyway, because the people who work our patent offices are drop-dead morons.
Like I said it's probably a code implementation that will allow for it to be better or more precise than coding it from scratch like the Ri(iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii)dge Racer guys did.

I didn't know you could patent lines of code though

cloudwolf616

Jul 22, 2009
Country
Ireland
RvLeshrac said:
Cloudwolf616 said:
Since it has to be nonobvious/original, and since prior art precludes it being nonobvious/original, no, they can't. They'll likely be granted the patent anyway, because the people who work our patent offices are drop-dead morons.
Really thats madness what if the guys at ridge racer want it for themselves? Legal battle?

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
AceDiamond said:
RvLeshrac said:
Cloudwolf616 said:
Like I said it's probably a code implementation that will allow for it to be better or more precise than coding it from scratch like the Ri(iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii)dge Racer guys did.

I didn't know you could patent lines of code though
You can only patent a generalized implementation of a specific idea.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
This will handle like a hippo on crack...why not use, you know, an analog stick which the DS could have easily had? Much smoother.
Or at least give us the option!