Nintendo Wants DS to Become Interactive Grocery Helper

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Grocery shopping? Boring. I want my laser!

Although I certainly would be using this feature, if it were to come out for Germany.

S_K

Nov 16, 2007
The hell... yeah this might work... In Japan... for the rest of the world this screams, I'm a retard with short term memory loss, whose using my DS to help me. OH by all means help yourself take it! I won't even remeber I had one in 5 minutes :3

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
buy teh haloz said:
Nintendo: Running on pure, unadulterated cocaine since November 19th, 2006.
Cocaines a helluva drug.

OT: No. Japan, ok. US, no. I don't see this happening. Old people can't work a bloody DVD player let alone a DS. I guess they just need an idea, ANY idea, of what to do with all those surplus DS's and DSi's once the 3DS launches.

OfT: WTF does "DS" stand for?

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Korten12 said:
I honestly am thinking Nintendo doesn't even want their stuff for gaming anymore. O_O
MorteSphere said:
Why don't they just make a smartphone and get it over with
Redlin5 said:
Sparrow said:
Stick that thing on a shopping trolly and it WILL be nicked.
Agreed. Hey everybody, lets advertise the fact we have money to spare! Please Mr. disadvantaged man, take my DS!

OT: Not only does it seem like a great way to lose ones DS, it is totally unnecessary. Pen and paper are not only just as portable, they are cheap. If there are no employees around, find one. I didn't buy my DS for shopping.

[sub][sub][sub]You don't need to look at a screen to solve all your problems...[/sub][/sub][/sub]
spartan1077 said:
I though nintendo was a gaming company.. not a rip off of Microsoft. Why would they even want to expand to uselessness? Stick to games please.
For those of you thinking or worrying that Nintendo might stop making gaming consoles, don't. Even if they do add non-gaming funcionalities, their devices will always be primarily dedicated to gaming. It is what differentiates them from other handheld devices (such as smartphones) and Nintendo will want to keep that difference in place.

Non-gaming applications, such as this, merely serve to attract those who otherwise wouldn't be interested in giving handheld gaming devices a try.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Ive thought about this. I'm interested in an assistant that knows what i bought, and both reminds me that I already have that item so don't buy more, but also suggests recipe combos as I walk by other ingredients for that item in the store.

"You bought RUM last week. Perhaps you need "limes, mint, club soda?" - MAKE MOJITO

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
RUINER ACTUAL said:
buy teh haloz said:
Nintendo: Running on pure, unadulterated cocaine since November 19th, 2006.
Cocaines a helluva drug.

OT: No. Japan, ok. US, no. I don't see this happening. Old people can't work a bloody DVD player let alone a DS. I guess they just need an idea, ANY idea, of what to do with all those surplus DS's and DSi's once the 3DS launches.

OfT: WTF does "DS" stand for?
A quick check on wikipedia tells me it stands for Developers System.

OT: Just like everyone else is saying, chances are these would be stolen rather quickly when used for this purpose.