Nintendo Weighing Majora's Mask, Link to the Past Remakes

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
Buretsu said:
Remake Majora's Mask for the 3DS, and put the original version of Link to the Past on the 3DS E-store.
I am ALL for this right here, I love both of those games, but I can only see a very small number of ways that LTTP would be improved on 3DS (and not by the 3d, either), but Majora's Mask makes sense as a reprint sequal to Ocarina 3DS and there is soo much they can do with it too, in a scary sense and side quest sense (not to say it didn't have epic side quests, but more is always fun).

The Crazy Legs

Nov 11, 2011
Jabberwock xeno said:
This would be the time where I would normally link to the many half page exaltations of majora's mask, but I don't have the document that has them all together with me at this time.

So, instead, I present to you what we would get if majora's mask was remade without having profits get in the way:

... Holy mother of Space Jesus. I suppose that that would finally give me a reason to buy a 3DS. Kind of like how Super Smash Bros. Brawl was my ONLY reason for buying a Wii. And it's still that only reason... Why do these consoles not have very many games I like?

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
Majora's Mask hands down. It deserved so much more recognition than it received. The fact that it had to follow up Ocarina of Time, and that you had to upgrade your N64 to play it worked against it.

Heh, I kept getting motion sickness during the fight with Wart in the Great Bay Temple XD the first fight in a game that made me feel physically ill.

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
jackpackage200 said:
I have a solution. Do the remake of Majora's Mask but have A Link to the Past as reward for beating the game. Also include a Majora's Mask Master Quest. DO IT NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm, I'd rather do Fierce Deity Mask quest for A Link to the Past. Can you imagine a 2D version of Fierce Deity Link tearing through Hyrule to save the Princess and defeat the evil Ganon?

Badass is the only way I could describe such a thing.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
xxcloud417xx said:
jackpackage200 said:
I have a solution. Do the remake of Majora's Mask but have A Link to the Past as reward for beating the game. Also include a Majora's Mask Master Quest. DO IT NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm, I'd rather do Fierce Deity Mask quest for A Link to the Past. Can you imagine a 2D version of Fierce Deity Link tearing through Hyrule to save the Princess and defeat the evil Ganon?

Badass is the only way I could describe such a thing.
well, for one, you wouldn't need a stupid magic staircase to get into the glowing tower, just climb in and start punching everything

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask are probably my favourite Zelda games, so I'd be happy to see either get a remake.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
If they add Majoras Mask to the 3DS I pledge I'm buying a 3DS just to play that crap, it was one of my most beloved childhood games and few things would make me happier. Glad to see this is even on the table, really glad.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I agree with an earlier post:
LttP on the 3DS, because it would get more from the 3D effect, and MM for the WiiU, because an HD MM would be a great system-seller.

Ultramatic

Jan 12, 2010
All this talk of remaking Zelda just gets me excited for the next one. Seriously, I wish people would focus less on the remakes and more on the next installment, an original Wii U or 3DS title. (Even though it will be about 4 years until the next one.)

OT: I'd prefer MM on 3DS, with an original Zelda title for the Wii U. It would be a shame if the Wii U was just used to remake Zelda after Zelda. They should focus on a true HD gameworld to make us gasp with awe, like the first time we entered Hyrule field back in 1998.

Lasereyevision

Apr 22, 2012
They already did a port of Link to the Past on GBA. I say Majora's Mask just because that game has never gotten the attention it deserves. A 3D LTP might be interesting but they would probably lose a lot of the way it was supposed to be played. But honestly I would like to see them both.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I hope they do a re-up of Majora's Mask. I absolutely loved that game. In fact, I'd probably go so far as to say it's the best Zelda game I've played. Yeah, Ocarina of Time was spectacular, but I think Majora's Mask was better.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
not_you said:
But... didn't they remake a link to the past on the GBA...?
Or was that just me...

OT: To me, it doesn't matter THAT much... By the time I get around to playing my 3DS again the next pokemon game would've been released... Which is kinda annoying since B2/W2 are for the original DS so my main reason to get one is still void...
I'd probably buy Majora's Mask just for another reason to play the thing, but not LTtP...

Mind you, if there was a different 3DS game that looked more interesting than another Zelda I'd get that instead; since I still have OoT sitting here waiting for me to 100% it...
*sigh*
Now that I think about it I should probably go gold spider hunting again...
yay
That was just a straight port with no new features.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
rolfwesselius said:
not_you said:
But... didn't they remake a link to the past on the GBA...?
Or was that just me...

OT: To me, it doesn't matter THAT much... By the time I get around to playing my 3DS again the next pokemon game would've been released... Which is kinda annoying since B2/W2 are for the original DS so my main reason to get one is still void...
I'd probably buy Majora's Mask just for another reason to play the thing, but not LTtP...

Mind you, if there was a different 3DS game that looked more interesting than another Zelda I'd get that instead; since I still have OoT sitting here waiting for me to 100% it...
*sigh*
Now that I think about it I should probably go gold spider hunting again...
yay
That was just a straight port with no new features.
So the remake of OoT was no different then...
Besides adding in a "mirror mode" which usually follows Mario Kart around

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Majora's Mask for sure, with an option of LttP somewhere else. Or, and I know this is crazy, do both. Space them out, and do a new title inbetween, maybe. Or, put one as a game, and the other a download, then give us a new one for the WiiU. Like that HD Zelda you showed us last year for the WiiU--make that. That was cool.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
"Nintendo considering remake"

zzzzz

"of Majoras mask"

DO IT, DO IT NOW!