Nintendo's President Won't be at E3 Again This Year

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Nintendo's President Won't be at E3 Again This Year

Nintendo top banana Satoru Iwata will stay in Japan for this year's E3.

Read Full Article

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
As long as he sends a video of him beating up Reggie again as a sorry card, we're good.

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
I feel like... this shouldn't really be newsworthy. I mean, E3 is big and all, but not so big that literally every single person from the company needs to be there, especially when they're not even gonna be hosting a live press conference anyways. I think if this would be relevant to anybody, it'd be all the big names making deals in the backrooms where the press don't go, people whom I doubt read the Escapist for their news, and also could probably just get away with actually calling Iwata up on the phone if they needed to speak to him that bad anyways.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Gizen said:
I feel like... this shouldn't really be newsworthy. I mean, E3 is big and all, but not so big that literally every single person from the company needs to be there, especially when they're not even gonna be hosting a live press conference anyways. I think if this would be relevant to anybody, it'd be all the big names making deals in the backrooms where the press don't go, people whom I doubt read the Escapist for their news, and also could probably just get away with actually calling Iwata up on the phone if they needed to speak to him that bad anyways.
This, it was newsworthy last year since Iwata was sick, but this year it just seems to be business that's keeping him in Japan. It's not like he can contribute all that much to the Treehouse seeing as he's not developing games anymore.