Nintendo's Zelda 3DS XL Bundle Gets Cheap on Black Friday

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Nintendo's Zelda 3DS XL Bundle Gets Cheap on Black Friday

Gamers will be able to pick up a Zelda 3DS XL bundle at Target for $150 on Black Friday.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/statuses/405440850068389889]

Nintendo has a habit of releasing dolled up versions of its hardware to accompany big releases. It does this, of course, because it knows that we mere mortals are suckers who will happily slap down hundreds of dollars for a console or handheld that, save for a fancy paint job, is essentially identical to the one we already own.

Case in point, last month the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129109-Nintendo-Confirms-Zelda-3DS-XL-Is-Coming-to-US>company unveiled a golden 3DS XL that it planned to bundle with The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I already have a 3DS XL; a nice red one that I enjoy quite thoroughly. Even so, the second I saw that Zelda 3DS, I wanted it and I wanted it bad. Sadly, my hopes of getting one were quickly dashed by the reality of my not having $220 to throw around.

There might still be some hope, however, thanks to Black Friday. While America's premier shopping holiday may be a black hole of misery for the people working it, it does play host to some genuinely good deals. Target, for instance, will be selling my precious A Link Between Worlds 3DS XL bundle for a mere $150. It's still not chump change by any means, but it's enough of a discount to incite the less responsible side of mind that's perfectly okay with eating ramen so I can spend my grocery money on videogames. I guess I should consider myself fortunate that I don't live near a Target. Otherwise, there might be some bad decisions in my near future.

Source: GameSpot

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Going shopping on Black Friday is such a headache. I'd happily pay the extra $70 or whatever to buy it another time and avoid the crowds... oh, what do you know? That's exactly what I did!

I salute those with the fortitude to do Black Friday sales, but I just can't be arsed.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I went last year to pick up the XL as an X-mas present for the ladyfriend. That was one hell of a nightmare.

This is an awesome deal though, especially considering that it's a limited edition.

Blarg Blargson

Dec 7, 2008
I hope this sale carries over to Target's website. This price is great, but I don't want to wrestle my way through a physical store if I don't have to.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
If someone could confirm if this is going on for Canada Targets, that'd be great, I don't think it is as it wasn't in the Black Friday flyers but one of my bosses was hinting at it

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I got one of these last night. We got there behind about 200 people and still found a 3DS. I can't believe the basic 3DS XLs were out but there was a full shelf of 6 gold Zelda ones right next to were the basic ones were. Thanks to whoever passed up that opportunity.