Nissan Debuts New Car In Need For Speed Undercover

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Nissan Debuts New Car In Need For Speed Undercover

Need For Speed Undercover [http://www.nissanusa.com/] before it hits the auto show circuit.

Nissan worked closely with Need For Speed Undercover designers to model "the overall look, feel and performance" of the new 370Z, which is the first full redesign of the Z-car [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Z] since its re-launch in 2003. "Need For Speed is about style, fast-paced action and power," said Keith Munro, vice president of marketing at EA. "This is definitely a car made for Need For Speed fans."

"Our relationship with EA has been instrumental in bringing the Nissan brand to a passionate and unique audience," added Christian Meunier, Nissan's Vice President of Marketing. "By launching the all-new 2009 Nissan Z first through Need For Speed Undercover, we also gain the spirit and energy that EA gamers experience so strongly. Together with EA, we have truly integrated the all-new 370Z in the overall game experience in a meaningful, multi-layered and profound way."

In-game advertising is old hat, but this is the first time a car company has premiered a new vehicle on the world market in a videogame. The new Nissan 370Z will make its first real-world appearance on November 19 at the Los Angeles Auto Show [http://www.laautoshow.com/] and will arrive in dealerships in early 2009, but you can take it for a spin in Need For Speed Undercover, EA's latest addition to the Need For Speed racing franchise, beginning November 18.

Feb 13, 2008
Well, I can see the Stig getting pretty annoyed at that.

Didn't NFS also have Kelly Brook and the Pussycat Dolls in one of their games?

Blank__

Oct 9, 2008
OH. MY. GOODNESS. GRACIOUS. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I just about blew a heart valve at reading that. Awesome, awesome, awesome. My respect for Nissan just went up a billion points.

But I'm a biased 350Z addict, so yeah. Way to pander to your obsessive fans, dudes.

tia010

Dec 27, 2008
Hi,
This is very useful article.It was fun reading articles,Forum discussions and people's comments.Thanks for the information!!

Tia,
New Cars [http://www.freecarforum.com]

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
They should have put it in a good game. Seriously, Undercover was worse than Pro-Street. Anyways, I wonder who thought that was a good idea.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
Bet there's massive crashes soon as it's released, as gamers buy it and expect it to handle like it does in-game, or worse, start to drive it like they do in game.

Driiiiiiiiift SMASH!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Holy shit I am instantly inspired to go buy this car!

That's what I would be saying in a parallel universe.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Danny Ocean shut up and switch back to that red guy floating in the air.

Also, Black Box is gone, and apparently this product placement couldn't save them >_<

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Singing Gremlin said:
Bet there's massive crashes soon as it's released, as gamers buy it and expect it to handle like it does in-game, or worse, start to drive it like they do in game.

Driiiiiiiiift SMASH!
You mean like the limited edition 'Knight Rider' Pontiac Firebird, which had to be stopped because idiots Darwined themselves trying to jump over rivers and trucks?

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
I could have cared less about that car in the game, since the overall product was god awful. NFS Prostreet was hands down better than this half-assed attempt at a racing game.

In any case, it's still pretty cool that car companies are doing things like this. Pretty creative marketing I'd say!

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
wait, didn't Citeron already do that with Gran Turismo? Although it was a concept car that looked like a cross between a bat and a shark.