No Aliens vs. Predator for Germany

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Used to be that smuggling guns and drugs in to a country was profitable, now they are smuggling games in.

If countries were all gung-ho serious about reducing piracy they should take a serious re-look at their gaming laws.

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
One word: IMPORT!

Selling banned games on the German black market must be profitable.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Is it not weird that the greatest (meaning worst) genocidal maniacs were already in existence BEFORE the invention of video games?

Despite the numerous videos detailing Hitler's broken 360 and his subsequent PS3 purchase, I don't think he was that interested in a round of CoD or AvP.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Achtung! This is where piracy actually has a use... though import websites would be preferable but I doubt the game would be translated to German. Though if it was released in Austria it would have gotten a German dub/seb right?

Ah, most German know English nowadays... or a least the smart ones. Am I right?

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Skarvig said:
I guess Sega is going to be suprised how often this game is going to be pirated.
Not really. They won't be losing any money, and if anything bad does come of some kid playing the game in Germany, they won't be held responsible.

Undercover

Jul 19, 2009
Waitaminute, hold the proverbial phone! There's a new AVP coming out and this is the first I've heard of it?!? Where the hell have I been? When was it announced that Sega was even making this game? The last AVP I heard about was 'colonial marines' and that was scrapped a long time ago...

I think I'm gonna look forward to this more than MW2! I was (And still am) a serious AVP fan, and I still play AVP2 from time to time, so how can I put this... WOO HOO!

Anyway, back on topic. (Was I even ON topic?) That really sucks that Germany's politics when it comes to video games are so restrictive, but from the sounds of it its probably a wise business move on Sega's part to just plain not release the game there. Besides if history (and the internet) have taught us anything, its that if people want something, they'll find a way to get it, so I'm guessing this will just add another title to the black market.

(Walks away mumbling something about not being in the loop and why the hell didn't I know about the newest release of one of my favourite games and what kind of gamer am I anyway grumble grumble...)

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
That sucks for Germany. People will probably import the game when it comes out though.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
Good to live in austria, we will probably still get the english version, maybe even a german one if we are lucky.

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
It was only a matter of time before developers and publishers started thinking that trying to make their games fit Germany's rigid standards just wasn't worth it any longer. I'm actually surprised it's taken this long. Next up, Australia. It's cheaper for them to develop for Australia (no translation) but eventually, they are just going to say "The hell with this, we're tired of taking extra time to censor our own work".

Really sucks for the German gamers though, I feel for you guys.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Skeleon said:
JWAN said:
I smell a turd anyway. shit movie+shit previous games = future shit(s)
I really liked Aliens versus Predator 2, I wouldn't call it a "shit previous game".
Or were there any other AvP games I'm not aware of that you are refering to as crappy?
I think were talking about different games, the one im talking about is at least 6 years old

yaik7a

Aug 9, 2009
Furburt said:
orangebandguy said:
It'd be more of a hassle in Austrailia. Austrailia makes Germany look like to most easy going gaming country ever.
And Venezuela and China make Australia look like the worlds biggest LAN party.
China is not so bad as really they ban games for political content and shit.
And WoW ban is justified .

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
JWAN said:
I think were talking about different games, the one im talking about is at least 6 years old
Well, I meant this one:

I liked that game a lot.
Well, except for the Predator campaign ('twas boring).
But I found both the Marine (very atmospheric) and Alien campaigns (very funny) to be quite entertaining.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Skeleon said:
JWAN said:
Well, I meant this one:

I liked that game a lot.
Well, except for the Predator campaign ('twas boring).
But I found both the Marine (very atmospheric) and Alien campaigns (very funny) to be quite entertaining.
were talking about the same one, I thought it ripped off descent 3 except aliens vs humans instead of space ships vs spaceships.

but its been awhile, but my bitter hatred runs deep

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Teiraa said:
think this is secretly payback for WWII? >> << lol
I think its apart of their master plan to look like a softer more cuddley country myself, and the best way to do that is be judgmental of other countries and their forms of entertainment.

+ mixture of jealousy

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
JWAN said:
were talking about the same one, I thought it ripped off descent 3 except aliens vs humans instead of space ships vs spaceships.

but its been awhile, but my bitter hatred runs deep
Huh.
I'm a big fan of Descent 3 (just played it again a few months ago) but never felt that AvP 2 ripped it off.
I guess they're both 3D shooters (though D3 is 360°) and...
Yeah, that's where the similarities I can see end.
But whatever.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
shame for sega considering that Germany is the largest videogame market in europe

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/germany-overtakes-uk-as-top-games-market-in-europe-$1318933.htm