No APB For Australia

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
Aussies: You are not missing much. This game is great for a couple of hours. But gets boring quickly.

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
I don't care so much for this game in particular, however...

"Why world!? WHY!? We're a country too! A whole continent even! There are people here, NICE people, and we DO have the internets! and pc's! We don't amuse ourselves with didgeridoos all day..."

This is not ME speaking, this is the East coast of Australia....don't really care about Perth and Broome too much. :D

Just kidding, we love you Perth. We just pretend you're not there most of the time :)

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Irridium said:
Damn rati-

Oh, yeah, right.

Anyway that sucks ass. APB looked pretty cool, shame Australian gamers can't get it.
I'm 100% sure there will be unlicensed fan servers.
Seriously, 100% sure.
Still, damn shame that you're not getting the actual legal version.
Seems quite like an asshole move by EA.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Used to it #.#

Not that I'm complaining, but MH3 connects Aussie gamers to the Euro Server for ....... reasons beyond me because the US is closer <.<

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
I wonder how much of this is motivated by threats of the Australian internet censorship mess that would have cut their bandwidth horrifically. Or is that already in place?

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
Bretty said:
Aussies: You are not missing much. This game is great for a couple of hours. But gets boring quickly.
I knew it.
Abedeus said:
So, Australians won't be able to pretend they are 50 Cents pretending to be gangsters in a world full of 13-year old "gangstas"?

WHYY GOD WHYYY
This is basically my opinion on the matter.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I'm not so much concerned that we're missing out on APB that much; I honestly had no interest in it whatsoever, but I certainly know people who would. It's the fact that they decided to alienate an entire fucking continent, just because they're too lazy to make Oceanic servers. What a bunch of pricks.

This just goes to show how much respect Australia holds in the entire industry (ie. zilch).

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
At least they have been up front about the reasons, servers in Australia simply aren't cheap enough apparently. Rather than do the WoW cop out that leaves Aussies struggling in PvP.

imgunagitusucka

Apr 20, 2010
Marq said:
Well, I haven't heard of this game, but USA-based servers have always been a problem for online gaming in Australia. High ping makes me sad.
So they won't release the game in Australia because it will lag for us? Blooody hell, we aren't used to that at all are we. By that reasoning all games run off EA servers should not be released in Australia. All EA sports games are almost unplayable online due to laggy unresponsive controls. Battlefield Bad Company 2 should have shipped in Australia with the knife function disabled altogether, at least that way we wouldn't be tempted to even try to use it. It's embarrasing to sneak up behind someone, take two point blank attempts to stab him in the back and have them spin around and stab you before you see him react. Strangly the rest of the game works KIND of okay MOST of the time but again, we are just used to it down under. Being so far away AND having a substandard broadband network is just a hurdle we have to negotiate with online play. On top of all of that we still OWN on XBOX live!!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
tehweave said:
Well, Yahtzee is going to be pissed.
Or apathetic. It could go either way.
It's a mumorperger (to use his particular name for it) so I can't imagine he'd be terribly put out about the whole thing.

I'm sort of tempted to get this game myself, if only because I'd spend 80% of my time tweaking and detailing cars.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Never heard of it so I don't give a damn. Australia gets screwed over in every regard anyway.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Meh, better than a half assed, unsupported release. We choose[footnote]Most adult Australians could move away, and would do so if it was truly terrible...That said, the way the countries going I could very seriously jump ship in the next few years[/footnote] to live oceans away from civilisation, this is the price we pay.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Damn you Fate you are a cruel and unjust mistress! Damn you, you bit-*Is struck by lightning*

Man, that sucks. Maybe if enough support is generated they'll get a server there otherwise the Aussies are SOL.

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
Sucks to be Australian. While it may not be the best game ever, it's not nice that Australia get the bad end of the stick on all gaming aspects. Hope the people that really want to play it can.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Damn, that's harsh. Must be because of all the dropbears.
:')

Lone RTW CEO fell for that FAQ on the website, punishes Australian Gamers as revenge?