No Fallout 4 Announcement at VGX, Says Bethesda

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Why does anyone watch VGX anyway. the important anouncements will come up as news stories on sites like this, and the rest isnt worth our time.

AzrealMaximillion said:
I'd like to see Bethesda learn how to code competently before they attempt another Fallout game to be honest. They also don't have the excuse of the "Sony console is too hard to code for" to lean on this generation.
Funnily enough, while admitedly fallout games did have bugs, never i encouraged game breaking bug except fallout 1 (i played all of them on PC, so i cant talk about console versions). Compared to, say, STALKER series, Fallout was very stable.

Ed130 said:
The Twitter deny's that Bethesda will be announcing anything at the Spike game show, but why not just denounce the survivor website as a hoax or order a takedown?

It would kill any remaining ambiguity that some would cling on to.
because the website makes people talk about fallout games = free advertisement. and they can always just say they promised nothing and had nothing to do with it if somone starts demanding a real game.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
suitepee7 said:
MarsAtlas said:
No Fallout announcement at VGX =/= no Fallout announcement/no Fallout game in development.

Just saying that because it had to be said.

Besides, doesn't it still have over a week left in its countdown?
a little under, a bit over 5 days left. i'm with you on this one though, i don't see how it changes much. they could simply confirm an expected release date and show literally nothing else, but it's still an announcement. i'd expect they'd have to make a big show of it at VGX, whereas announcing it elsewhere they don't have to actually show the game.

if it's a hoax, then fair enough, but i'm still hoping it's not
Aaaaactually the countdown is over.

Go to the website. It was a hoax. A massive, excellently designed hoax. One brilliant troll fooled us all.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Steven Bogos said:
Bethesda have yet to confirm or deny the legitimacy of the website
Hasn't The Escapist crew heard the news yet? The website was a hoax, the countdown has been stopped and the website now only says "thats all, folks." with a YouTube link to sad violin music.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Simalacrum said:
Steven Bogos said:
Bethesda have yet to confirm or deny the legitimacy of the website
Hasn't The Escapist crew heard the news yet? The website was a hoax, the countdown has been stopped and the website now only says "thats all, folks." with a YouTube link to sad violin music.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130324-Fallout-4-Teaser-Site-Is-A-Hoax