No More Heroes Ports Won't Use Motion Control

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
So now players will just have to mash a button?
That's going to make the combat even more tedious.
And even with motion controls, gas pumping and lawn mowing minigames were sleep inducing. Can they really make them worse? I guess they're going to try.

I really didn't think there was going to be a way to make this game any worse than it is already. Why do I keep overestimating these crack-heads.
No More Heroes is easily the best video game released in the last seven years. Maybe you should give it another go when it is released on the HD consoles as it might grow on you!

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
So they are porting this to the other systems afterall.
Nice.

There had damn well better be a US version.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Damn...And here I was waiting to use my non-existant 360 motion controls...And my sub-par PS3 motion controls...

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
GonzoGamer said:
So now players will just have to mash a button?
That's going to make the combat even more tedious.
And even with motion controls, gas pumping and lawn mowing minigames were sleep inducing. Can they really make them worse? I guess they're going to try.

I really didn't think there was going to be a way to make this game any worse than it is already. Why do I keep overestimating these crack-heads.
No More Heroes is easily the best video game released in the last seven years. Maybe you should give it another go when it is released on the HD consoles as it might grow on you!
Jak 2

*gloveslaps you...TO DEATH*

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
pimppeter2 said:
Jak 2

It makes me so angry to hear someone saying that a game other than No More Heroes is the best game in past seven years. My hands are shaking so much I can barely type this.

I hope you realise what you are doing when you post things like that.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
pimppeter2 said:
Jak 2

It makes me so angry to hear someone saying that a game other than No More Heroes is the best game in past seven years. My hands are shaking so much I can barely type this.

I hope you realise what you are doing when you post things like that.
*Gloveslaps you a couple more times, then shoves the entire Jak and Daxter trilogy down your throat*

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I say good. I don't like all this "flappy flaily" wii-mote controls nor particularly what PS-motion/Natal seem to be offering. A gamepad can give much more "certain" results and face it, it's not like you ever actually felt like you were wilding a sword as you flail the white plastic remote in the vain attempt at trying to activate an attack animation.

I tried Twilight Princess on Wii and played through to completion on Gamecube and honestly prefer the game-pad controlled Gamecube version. I understand most people play Super Smash Bros Brawl with a gamepad as well.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Lukeje said:
Mr. Fister said:
Feedplus Entertainment is porting the Wii title to the HD consoles, and is starting from scratch with many models to improve the graphics.
Then this confirms my suspicions: Suda51 has absolutely nothing to do with this port.
That's what I thought as well. I'm pretty sure the game looked the way it did on purpose. "Improving" the graphics takes away one of the many "artistic flourishes" Suda 51 put into the game... (and the lack of motion controls takes away another).
Agreed, the visual parodies he put into the game are now null and void.

And for those who say good riddance to the motion controls, I can assure you that without motion control the combat will be terrible if they don't touch it up.

Truly I think this is one of those "Punk Rock" games, where the game was solely made for artistic vision as opposed to profit (being the priority). I think Suda is crazy enough for something like that, and while I'm glad more people get to play this game, more needs to be done with it or it will be slated.

Miles Tormani

Jul 30, 2008
Treblaine said:
I say good. I don't like all this "flappy flaily" wii-mote controls nor particularly what PS-motion/Natal seem to be offering. A gamepad can give much more "certain" results and face it, it's not like you ever actually felt like you were wilding a sword as you flail the white plastic remote in the vain attempt at trying to activate an attack animation.

I tried Twilight Princess on Wii and played through to completion on Gamecube and honestly prefer the game-pad controlled Gamecube version. I understand most people play Super Smash Bros Brawl with a gamepad as well.
That's because Twilight Princess on the Wii was a direct port with motion controls tacked on. This is the other way around.

Honestly, NMH is one of the only two games on the Wii that I felt benefited from the motion controls. They were subtle enough to not become irritating, unlike Twilight Princess's "Why the hell did you slash twice, Link?" play. Also, in my opinion, that extra slash to finish off an enemy felt very satisfying, in that slow motion "Batman kicks a thug in the face" way. By the way, yes, I did at least somewhat feel like I was wielding a beam katana. Moreso than other Wii games that happen to have swordplay somewhere in the mix.

You also don't "flail the remote" to trigger an attack animation. Did you ever actually play this game?

theownerer

Aug 9, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Controlling the sword-wielding character in No More Heores with the Wii Remote was a big part of game's appeal.
What? You swung the wiimote in the direction the arrow told you to whenever you killed a guy I dont see that as being appealing. Either way I dont really care as long as I get to play it on my ps3 or 360 il be happy.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I'm more nervous at the thought that they're trying to "improve" the graphics. I so enjoy the stylized look of NMH, and if they try to make it look just like every other fucking game on the market (shiny, brown, normal-mapped) for the HD consoles, I will hunt down and gut everyone responsible.