No More Movie Games for EA

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
Good. EA putting an end to movie-games means one less thing is wrong with the gaming industry (too bad there's still so much more to fix).

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Yeah - why is it that Mirror's Edge doesn't get a sequel when something like Dead Space does?
It does, it just gets it slower. Because Dead Space at least made a good chunk of money.

You don't want EA to run itself into the ground, do you?

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
"We dumped that license because we felt like we needed to own more intellectual property, and we don't like where James Bond is going with all the creative limitations on it,"

No, the creative limitations on EA bond games were nobody's fault but your own.

You could have made a bond game any way you wanted, but you made them with all the same stupid hand-holding features time and again. You had so little of your own creativitity, in fact, that you resorted to naming a new game 'goldeneye' to shamelessly evoke the status of the original. At least Activision would never do tha- Oh wait...

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Oo

Well, at least it was acknowledged. I'm really tired of hearing my cousins want to play the god awful videogame based off a god awful movie. (I'm looking at you Cats and Dogs >.>)
EA saying so though...that's just...Did I step into an alternate reality today by accident?
In this universe...does it rain chocolate too?

May 23, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Yeah - why is it that Mirror's Edge doesn't get a sequel when something like Dead Space does?
It does, it just gets it slower. Because Dead Space at least made a good chunk of money.

Was that a serious question?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
lacktheknack said:

Was that a serious question?
Uhm... do you have a "fr srs" answer?

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
I actually liked Mirror's Edge. It was creative, just gotta lessen the frustration a bit and it would be awesome. Loved the game's main theme as well.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Good choice EA! *Hi-Fives

A Pious Cultist said:
zombie711 said:
mirror's edge took 8 years to make. That makes it Dice's dream game.
I'm sure you either misspelt or misread 8 months considering the game was announced and released within a year.
That could still mean it was in Production for a long time.

Radioactive Bob

Jul 12, 2010
I think i like this new president of EA. :D

Hopefully, he sticks to his words and we'll see some great new concepts from the company. We all know they have the talent to be creative (mirror's edge, dead space, etc.) so if they can break from movie-tie ins, hopefully it'll lead other publishers to stop forcing developers to make cheap nock-offs.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I love the direction EA has been going with this new president. Why can't Activision do the same??

Master10K

Feb 12, 2010
I haven't purchased a movie tie-in game since Goldeneye for the N64 and I obviously got that game, not for the movie it was based on.

Runsta

Apr 6, 2010
I haven't purchased a movie tie in game since LotR, Return of the king. glad to see the industry getting cut