"no-one in the world is more reviled than a pretty woman" samantha brick

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Anyone who decides to blame other people for their issues, especially by saying that they're all jealous of your looks, isn't a beautiful person.
For a woman to be truly beautiful, she must have a good personality too. If she is beautiful, even if she acknowledges it, then she shouldn't openly refer to herself as such. Vanity does not make for a truly attractive (or likeable) person.
In no way am I saying that confidence in your looks is a bad thing, but saying "Hey everyone, I'm so pretty! Look at me!" definitely is.
Besides, this Brick lady isn't that great looking.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
>.>

the British sure have a funny view on 'very pretty', she looks pretty 'meh' to me, apart from 'arrogant *****' thing

strangemoose

Aug 29, 2009
to me this is just a dumb ***** whose had everything in her life handed to her on a silver platter being her normal arrogant piece of shit self

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
What the hell? Shes ugly as sin.

Pretty by British standards maybe... Hehe.
As a British woman, I'm gonna just go ahead and point out that's a pretty callous statement, that's all.

Yeah she's...Ordinary I guess. I can't help but think 'bizarre' troll... no one could possibly have let this woman grow up and not tell her 'dear, you're okay looking, but your forehead is pretty large, and your smile is crooked and scary'.

...I mean even I know my chin looks terrible at some angles and my arms are utterly the worst feature of my body (genetics, they suck). You don't let it get you down but you have some freakin humility fgs.

no space

Dec 30, 2010
Yeah, she's pretty, I'll admit. Not, you know, gorgeous, and certainly not attractive enough to be inundated with free champagne as she touts, but still sorta pretty. Still, skinny blondes are a dime a dozen, and psychology studies have consistently shown that people react better to attractive people, even when they're not consciously aware of it.

In fact, I heard of one instance in which a blind man was told that one of his co-workers was extremely attractive after several months of knowing her, and he started treating her even more kindly. Even he was able to realize it on looking back, when confronted with his actions.

Attractive people are consistently treated better, but are also fairly consistently upset by this fact, and them's the breaks.

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
iBagel said:
Being a devilishly attractive man myself, I totally agree with her and I think she has been victimised by all the jealous have-nots. Poor woman.
Oh you're that guy...shit I collapsed into jealousy-fuelled rage when I saw you. I just couldn't contain myself. I hope all goes well with you, and that your life goes on and people can get past their jealousy.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Liquidacid23 said:
Robert Ewing said:
It's like the major offence of our country. Like with France, you don't go over there and say that they're cheese eating surrender monkeys. You don't say Germans are sausage eating Nazi's. You don't say Nagasaki was hilarious to the Japanese. You don't say the Irish are bankrupt potato heads. And you don't fucking do this in Britain.
you don't?... well, no wonder I keep getting such weird looks from people :D
Haha :D Why did I imagine a tanned hairy chested disco Stu type character?

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
doggy go 7 said:
This woman wrote an article in an English newspaper (linked below) discussing how being "beautiful" is an incredible irritating aspect to her life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

she is now under heavy attack, both from people saying she's arrogant, as well as people pointing out that she, at least in their opinion (and also in mine), isn't actually that pretty at all, if anything, she's fairly average looking. now defending herself, she claims that this attack "proves her point", "and that noone in the world is more reviled than a pretty woman" (her responce piece http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124782/Samantha-Brick-says-backlash-bile-yesterdays-Daily-Mail-proves-shes-right.html )

I'd like to hear what you think; is the anger justified, can you defend her, do you think she's wrong and arrogant, or even a simple rating of her looks (she started it after all)

EDIT: my second link should now work
She thinks she's pretty, that's quaint.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I can't get over the pic of her in the simmer dress (with that fat arse) and her husband in the camo and a rifle... how the fuck does a shot like that even come about!!??

That was the most appawling thing I have read in a long while! She is deluded and needs to get over herself... hell... she also needs to fucking man-up once in a while... sounds like she cries far to fucking much!

I bet she dresses as an old lady, and slips poisened apples to anyone who dares be prettier than her too... anyone heard of any mysterious attractive-female genocides recently? I think we have found the suspect...!

THE_NAMSU

Jan 1, 2011
This has just made my day.
Her fake smile is fucking hilarious, and the wrinkles she gets when she does it, my God I'm going to shit myself laughing.
EDIT: accidentally posted while typing, don't know how :/.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
She seems quite full of herself. Granted, a lot of the comments are taking it too far, but her attitude doesn't appear to be making her any friends. Perhaps she should consider that as the reason for her treatment, rather than her alleged beauty.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Wow... Pretty arrogant, especially since all she has to her name is a decent body and a fake, plasticy face. A 6.5/10, MAYBE pushing 7. Also, her smile looks like she's making a grimace, and trying to pass it off as a smile. I know far hotter girls who are cool, not stuck up, and talk about the "challenges" of being an attractive chick in our society, without sounding like a douche. Oh, you got free stuff, SO CHALLENGING. How about being treated like a sack of meat with a vag attached? Or getting back stabbed 24/7. Oh wait, that's what ALL girls have to put up with.

EDIT: Oh, and if she doesn't like us judging her based on her appearance, then she should really not mention how hard it is looking attractive.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Shes got a crooked face.

As for is it hard being a beautiful women? I wouldn't know being a man and all so I'm not going to be the one that makes that call.

However I feel inclined to say that the whole article is highschool drama at best. A women that never really moved past that stuff. Though like I said being a man and all I wouldn't know.

shoddyworksucks

Feb 11, 2012
I'm not going to comment on her physical appearance, only to say that human attraction is an incredibly complex societal and mental construct. However, I will say that numerous scientific studies have shown that people often have an overinflated sense of their own attractiveness 'cause, hey, no one wants to think they're an uggo.

The real issue with this article is the way its written. It's an argument from authority, and the author wants her readers to sympathize and consider the topic presented because she's discussing it from a position of authority as a witness (whether or not her anecdotes are true or not isn't relevant here). That tack is faulty since the article becomes far too personal with very little context given as to how this affects women or society in general. How can one take this message and apply it to their own lives? The article isn't saying.

It doesn't help that the whole piece is suffused with superlative statements about the author's physical appearance and that the article is littered with pictures of said author. I can't deign to understand the mental processes or motivations at play in this article, but I can say that these elements make the author look like an egotist.

There's a worthwhile statement to be made from an article like this. Many women I know confide that working for a female boss, or working with a large number of female colleagues, can result in a distressingly juvenile or hostile work environment. This doesn't happen ALL the time, obviously, and I know, as a man, that I've worked for and with a great number of wonderful women. But the issue of female interpersonal relationships in the workplace is an avenue that can and should be explored. This article, however, is no way to go about inspiring that dialogue.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
ThePostalDude said:
explain, because this is the most "first world problems" woman I've ever heard of.
This women is extremely arrogant and narcissistic, no one's denying that. I don't see how her delusions explain misogyny, unless of course you think that 'one woman is an asshole, therefore all women are assholes.' I don't doubt for a second that there're countless men who mirror her view on life.