"no-one in the world is more reviled than a pretty woman" samantha brick

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I find her brain to not only be attractive but also tasty. too bad i already ate it and she is not left without one.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Oh, it must be so horrible. Being able to have whoever you want, and whatever you want, nobody stopping to think that you're a complete b****.

Maybe in a better world, beautiful people will just have to try harder like us abominations to get where they wanna be, but in this current poor state of affairs, beautiful people have got it way easier than they have any right for it to be.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Eamar said:
A-D. said:
Is she catholic..well or christian at all?
Why would you assume she's Christian? I'm curious...
Im not assuming that she is, im curious if she is. Mainly because of the whole pride/vanity thing going there. At least i found it quite funny to think about for a second, you know, christian being all prideful and vain and then you point them to the seven deadly sins and all..its really all there is to it.

It was just a short musing on my part which i found somewhat entertaining.

Archroy

Sep 30, 2010
Sweet Jesus. Just read some of her other articles. The Schadenfreude...

She's married to a porky French twat with vintage facial hair who says that he'll divorce her if she gets fat.

And she started an all woman TV production company that went bankrupt. I wonder why?

Edit after more reading. She divorced her husband because a psychic told her to. She shouldn't be given a crayon and a colouring book, let alone a newspaper column.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
The most obvious thing is that the discrimination about attractiveness cuts both ways. And obviously being less attractive is worse, so it's complaining about getting the best deal possible. Admittedly the negative discrimination about being pretty is bad but she also makes a point of telling everyone how much she takes advantage of the positive discrimination.

It's just a ridiculously poor argument, like a rich guy complaining how he gets taxed more money than people with no money. Sure you have more taxes, but you have more money, STFU!

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
Matthew94 said:
Phasmal said:
Then again I'm not your typical woman, I guess.
What would be a typical woman? Mmmm hmmm, generalisations ho!
"I'm not like most women", most women

Sorry, had to.

OT: I think she's doing alright for her age, but this was only ever going to come off condescending and self satisfied. I think that french guy's done alright for himself.
Har-har. Nah, I just wasn't thinking much yesterday. It was as days go, a shitty one.
Sometimes when you hear `All women are like X` you think `I'm not? Am I a weird woman?` instead of `generalisations are stupid`.

As for the OT, I think people shouting she's hideous when she's not (she just looks normal), makes everybody seem petty and dumb.
"You have more self-confidance than you should???! Quick, internet, ATTACK!!"

ceeqanguel

Aug 24, 2008
EVERY societies on earth developped to female beauty in one form or another. Male beauty too but always less prevelent than female's. And male values were more about strength or abilities oriented. Music, poetry, arts, cinema, photography, drawings, even religions (I personally vouch for the cult of Aphrodite) all derive from, and branch out from, sexual attractiveness.

This is even a genetic trait: Babies, who, let's face it, don't have much more instinct than seeking the scent of their mother's milk and sucking, will smile and laugh to people who are smiling and have handsome, calming, comforting or at least funny features.
My grandpa had a big moustache, which no young girls nowaday would find attractive, but my parents remember me as a babe laughing when pulling at it or being tickled by it.

On the other hand: I can understand the trappings of beauty: My girlfriend is a really good looking, TALL (6 foot 1, and much taller when wearing boots) lady with natural red hair and quite a nice looking figure. Yet when we met and we were both 30 and 34, she confided she had had TWO... and I mean ONLY TWO boyfriends before me... at frikkin' 34.

One would think that such a tall good looking lady would be popular.... Noooooo...

Sometimes the most beautiful ladies are the most lonely wallflowers.

Sometimes because no guys will talk to them because they think she is out of their league. So she is alone at the bar....... for several years. So meeting a guy in a bar loses its appeal.

Or the total opposite: The other sex rushes over to bother you with their way-too-clear intentions. Not that more appealing either.

I don't judge the pretty girl.

El Danny

Dec 7, 2008
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/04/samantha-brick-thrown-to-wolves

"The general motto of the Daily Mail seems to be that a woman's role in life is to be pretty, thin, get married, quit work, have children and, ideally, disappear or die before getting embarrassingly old and fat (it is no wonder the paper loved Diana so much.)"

*Snigger*

doggy go 7

Jul 28, 2010
El Danny said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/04/samantha-brick-thrown-to-wolves

"The general motto of the Daily Mail seems to be that a woman's role in life is to be pretty, thin, get married, quit work, have children and, ideally, disappear or die before getting embarrassingly old and fat (it is no wonder the paper loved Diana so much.)"

*Snigger*
"Few of them ever talk about the terrible life choices that have led to them selling their souls to the Daily Mail, a development many would probably see as far more tragic than not being married."

*double snigger*

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
Spot1990 said:
Is she trolling? Seriously, she's like a 6 tops. Also, her smile is scary... Like she's only learning how to replicate human emotion. Holy shit, she smiles like the female t1001 in Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles.
Gah. You just HAD to mention Catherine Weaver, didn't you?

Now I can't help but like this woman.

Damn you. ;-)

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
Buretsu said:
It's not pretty women that are reviled, it's stuck-up bitches.
I whole-heartedly agree with this statement.

As far as succinct summaries go, you win, in my opinion.

Suave Charlie

Pleasant Bastard
Sep 23, 2009
https://twitter.com/#!/La_Brick

This is the reason why I love twitter.

Captcha: in the limelight. Spooky.

LordFisheh

Dec 31, 2008
I kind of envy people like her. They get to live in wealth and comfort in return for absolutely no work other than vomiting complete crap into a newspaper column every now and again, or writing self help books on their marriages as if they had even the slightest importance.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
She looks like she just crawled out of the uncanny valley - of COURSE she's "attractive"!

Anyways, she's wrong. She's forgotten about fat white rednecks. Bonus if they're male.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Archroy said:
Edit after more reading. She divorced her husband because a psychic told her to. She shouldn't be given a crayon and a colouring book, let alone a newspaper column.
wat

Just... wat

She garners no sympathy from me.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
This woman has a horrible personality. And I would never want to be around her.

And the Daily Mail is terrible.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
When I saw this on TOCL, I thought 'I see this becoming a meme' with 'Like Samantha Brick, I have been hated for my good looks' and then a pic of Ed Milliband or whichever ugly person you choose.