"no-one in the world is more reviled than a pretty woman" samantha brick

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Hmm, I would like to amend her particular statement in a manner that may give it some kernel of truth.

"no one in the world is more reviled than a pretty woman that has the personality of a toad."

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
Hey! I'll not have a bad word said about skinny good looking blondes, they're the best kind of woman you can get.
To be honest, a lot of them are ditzy, and a lot of them are boring. They're definitely not the "best" type of woman you can get.

Saladfork

Jul 3, 2011
Relish in Chaos said:
We could say the same thing about Angelina Jolie (those pouty lips...do not want).
I hear that. No idea why people seem to think she's so good-looking; quite honestly, she's below average.

Mar 9, 2010
Relish in Chaos said:
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
Hey! I'll not have a bad word said about skinny good looking blondes, they're the best kind of woman you can get.
To be honest, a lot of them are ditzy, and a lot of them are boring. They're definitely not the "best" type of woman you can get.
Like that even matters. Skinny, good looking and blonde is all you need in a woman; as if being smart and interesting even come into it.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Revolutionaryloser said:
Just as a personal experiment I would like you to take a step back and imagine your reaction and everybody else's reaction to this article if the writer had not been a woman. I think it's an interesting question at least.
"Hi, I'm Dave. Now, you'd think it'd be an easy life being the sexiest hunk of man in my over-eaters support group, but you'd be dead wrong. Why, just the other day I was walking out of the bowling alley when I saw some poor girl waiting in the parking lot. I was even thinking of just walking by her, but then I saw her coyly turn her head away from me. 'Now Dave,' I said to myself. 'You can't just leave that poor woman alone. She's obviously attracted to the scent of your raw animal musk. It doesn't smell like sweat at all! It'd be rude to just leave her.'"

"So I tried to strike up a conversation with the little lady out of pity. She tried acting aloof, and even pretended to phone the police station, but it was obviously a bluff, since only the emergency responders would come that late at night."

"I don't remember much past that point, because the last thing I remember is waking up in the middle of a police station with a horrible stinging sensation in my face. I must have been sprayed by a skunk! I was just lucky that the nice woman managed to phone a police car. They must have been faster than the ambulance. Good thing too that they let me stay the night for so cheap; only 300 quid! Though they did say that I need to show up in court later to settle the matter."

"Anyway, the officer that let me out gave me the doe eyes, and I tried being friendly. Turns out she was married, and didn't really respond in a kind manner. Hey, it's your cheating heart, sister, not mine."

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I can't completely disagree with her, because people are threatened by people they perceive as perfect in some manner, but that's what it is like for everyone.

People avoid that ultra smart person, the ultra sexy person, the overachiver, whatever.

She doesn't have a monopoly on avoidance. I had it when I was eight cuz I was the smart kid, the teacher's favored student.

I might try and sympathize with her more, but I really can't see how she's so gorgeous. She's pretty, but not that cute. I've seen way prettier people on the trains.

Um, good luck lady? Maybe go somewhere where you become a 6 instead of a 9? Go to a city? No one notices anything in the cities.

Emperor Nat

Jun 15, 2011
Initial Reaction: "Wow. Someone has a high opinion of themselves."

Informed Reaction: Okay, she's pretty enough. Not gorgeous, not as pretty as she's trying to make out, but pleasant enough. Her article is garbage though, she's having a rant about how being SO SUPER ATTRACTIVE is a bad thing.

I took a look at a link someone put up, to her other articles. And well...

Apparently, she's just a really shallow, self-absorbed person.

Does she deserve all the hate (including DEATH THREATS)? No, not at all. Is she still an idiot? Totally.