No Post-Credits "Stinger" For The Force Awakens

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
The Bucket said:
Maze1125 said:
The Bucket said:
delroland said:
Or, you know, people could actually pay their respects by taking five minutes out of their lives to acknowledge the existence of all the hard working cast and crew. It used to be considered extremely rude to leave before the credits finished, tantamount to leaving a performance while the performers come out to take their bows.
The cast and crew already got my money, I doubt they're complaining
So you only bother to show respect if someone might complain if you don't?
I think you're putting much more emphasis on me watching a ton of names i'm not going to remember than most of the people on them do. Do you honestly sit through every single opening and ending of tv shows to show respect? Do you pour over every line of publishers and other credits in the small print in the backs of books? Same with games, I hope you've never been temped to skip or walk away from credits in those
Or you know, you could watch the credits to see what funny or oddly appropiate names are in there. Somewhere in the Hobbit, there is a guy named "Sword"

delroland

Sep 10, 2008
Anomynous 167 said:
The Bucket said:
Maze1125 said:
The Bucket said:
delroland said:
Or, you know, people could actually pay their respects by taking five minutes out of their lives to acknowledge the existence of all the hard working cast and crew. It used to be considered extremely rude to leave before the credits finished, tantamount to leaving a performance while the performers come out to take their bows.
The cast and crew already got my money, I doubt they're complaining
So you only bother to show respect if someone might complain if you don't?
I think you're putting much more emphasis on me watching a ton of names i'm not going to remember than most of the people on them do. Do you honestly sit through every single opening and ending of tv shows to show respect? Do you pour over every line of publishers and other credits in the small print in the backs of books? Same with games, I hope you've never been temped to skip or walk away from credits in those
Or you know, you could watch the credits to see what funny or oddly appropiate names are in there. Somewhere in the Hobbit, there is a guy named "Sword"
Also, the cast and crew never see a dime of your money. The lion's share of that goes to the producing company, with a pittance of that being passed along to those actors and directors (and rarely writers) savvy enough to request points in lieu of larger pay. The vast majority of cast and crew get paid the same whether the movie tanks or soars, so your patronage does nothing to show support of their work.

delroland

Sep 10, 2008
MarsAtlas said:
delroland said:
The vast majority of cast and crew get paid the same whether the movie tanks or soars, so your patronage does nothing to show support of their work.
Short-term, true, but it fails to see the long-run. Patronage creates demand which gives them work and increases the value of their work. For example, Bethesda recently said that they shipped out 12 million copies of Fallout 4 to stores. They already made their money. But what if it tanked? Do you think a business that was interested in working with Bethesda would still be interested tothe same degree so after one of their recent titles fails? Or if it was the most demanded game of the year do you think it would add extra value to Bethesda's input in this hypothetical project? Bethesda is free to not really worry about it because they have enough money to publish their own games but an development studio not own by a publisher doesn't have that luxury. Depending on the movie anywhere from 0% to 100% of the people working on a film could be independent of the company publishing the film. ILM, for example, worked on the original Star Wars films. Do you think that they would've experienced the same meteoric success they had if Star Wars bombed?
Star Wars could have been a total failure and 20th Century Fox (now part of the Fox Entertainment Group, which in turn is part of 21st Century Fox) would still be a multi-billion dollar corporation. People will continue to go to movies even if the studios churn out garbage. So why not make the gesture to at least take the time to read the names of those that put months and sometimes years of their lives into creating two hours of entertainment for you? The potential for easter eggs is an added bonus, a thank you for those with enough class to do so.

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Good. Fuck those things. I don't mind the old bloopers in the side during credits, or the animations that Ice Age had, but jeez.

Anyone who Tyler Durdened the stinger into the first 10 seconds of credits (Followed by 3 frames of a flaccid penis, of course), would be doing a public service.

It's sad that this has to be news.