No Right Answer: 90's Cartoon Most Deserving a Reboot

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Spot1990 said:
Freakazoid, everyone else is wrong.
Don't know about that, I'm a little conflicted.
On one hand hell yes Freakazoid, on the other, I feel you'd need some incredible writers who are fans of the original work onboard to make it anything but sub-par in comparison.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
IndomitableSam said:
Oh, come on. No question. Gargoyles. Love that show. Still love it. Watched it all through again a year or so ago.

Sorry, any answer other than Gargoyles is wrong. Very, very wrong.
Keith David was Goliath. He voiced Anderson in Mass Effect.

Jonathan Frakes as Xanatos... who even has his own trope named after him

Brent Spiner as a few voices.

Warf, Troy, and others were in it. Hudson was voiced by Edward Asner... the guy who played the old man in UP.

C'mon... the only way that would get better is if they had Scott McNeil :)

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I DENY YOU!! I still say Swat Kats is more deserving, it got cut off in its prime, whereas even though the third season was basically disowned, it still happened. Swat Kats, though, they got cut off not even halfway through season 2, there were at least three episodes in the works when the hammer came down.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I've never seen Swat Kats, so it's hard for me to say Gargoyles is better, but it's pretty much my top pick.

Rituro said:
Obviously, ReBoot deserves a reboot. It's in the frakkin' name.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot
ReBoot just needs to put out the damn movies already.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Aww...sad Chris looked just like a sad cat for a moment there.

Gotta say though, as much fun as I had with Swat Kats, I had to agree with Kyle on this one.

It'd be nice to see a return to form in general for American cartoons. I know kids don't lie awake in anticipation of Sat morning cartoons anymore (internet and such), but shows need to be compelling enough to engender such behavior.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
YES!!!, Swat Kats [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI8ZDzMCjMI]!!!

I was reading somewhere that the creators of the show were actively seeking a way to revive the show, dunno if it's real or just delusional trolls.

And yes, the show was definitely mindless. But awesome mindless :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

One of Many

Feb 3, 2010
Fuck yeah! We need Gargoyles back! I love that show with all my heart and would give anything for a reboot (with the same voice actors)!

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
IndomitableSam said:
Oh, come on. No question. Gargoyles. Love that show. Still love it. Watched it all through again a year or so ago.

Sorry, any answer other than Gargoyles is wrong. Very, very wrong.
I see your "very wrong"-ness, and raise you some very, VERY awesomeness.

What do Gargoyles have against cats that can fly an F-18 fighter jet that also has a motorcycle, the badassery that is the Glove-a-Trix and their rockin' music?

Seriously, I loved SWAT Kats just for the fact that they had a cement gatling gun - both for the Turbo Kat and their Glove-a-Trix. Hell, I still want my own Glove-a-Trix. No other cartoon even comes close to that amount of awesomeness.

And fuck you, Hanna-Barbara, for cancelling it.

Abanic

Jul 26, 2010
How was this even a competition?

Of course Gargoyles was going to beat SWAT Cats...

Now if the debate had been Gargoyles vs EXO-Squad it might have been more interesting.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Swat Katz only ended because Ted Turner is a whiny twat that cried when he saw things being blown up. Seriously, he personally cancelled it. I'm betting it really happened due to it getting better ratings than his magnum opus, Captain Planet. Which was much better for kids, it talked about unprotected sex, AIDS, gun violence, and Hitler!

Also shame on you, Chris! Jim Cummings was half the cast, THAT is good enough reason!

rickthetrick

Jun 19, 2009
Gargoyles Had it all man. Like the man said Ninja Turtles meets Batman TAS.
Plus all the literary references such as Macbeth, and King Arthur made it extra bacon awesome.
Of course all those reasons are extraneous because....Keith effing David!!

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
TheLazyGeek said:
Yeah ReBoot at least ended on a good note. What needs a reboot however is Pirates of Dark Water. They never finished the show and, for what it's worth, the story was great and the animation was great and it was great and fun and I don't know they canned it and it makes me sad because now this run-on sentence is a bit silly.
Ended on a good note? Did you see the two movies/Season 4? It ended on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved properly because of the death of Tony Jay.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Shinsei-J said:
Spot1990 said:
Freakazoid, everyone else is wrong.
Don't know about that, I'm a little conflicted.
On one hand hell yes Freakazoid, on the other, I feel you'd need some incredible writers who are fans of the original work onboard to make it anything but sub-par in comparison.
You just made me think of Freakazoid having a meta moment where an episode is made in Flash and he points out how terrible it looks now. "Thanks internet".

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
SirCannonFodder said:
TheLazyGeek said:
Ended on a good note? Did you see the two movies/Season 4? It ended on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved properly because of the death of Tony Jay.
You just pointed out the only reason why I wouldn't want a Reboot of ReBoot. It just wouldn't be the same without Jay's Megabyte.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Khris (see what I did there) I feel your pain. I too was a kid who enjoyed watching Swat Kats come on the TV just as I got home from school, and then one day it wasn't there. That wasn't fair.

I never really got into Gargoyles as a kid, but I watched some re-runs when I was older and it was a very solid show. I think Gargoyles has the greater demand overall, but I would rather see Swat Kats come back, just because it felt so unfinished.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
there is a correct answer in this case.

reboot both, it's truly to best course of action to take